If the game doesn't have [blank] i will be disappointed..

+
I would prefer a separate mode all-together for something like that. Hell, I'd probably give it a shot, but I don't think it should be the default game setting.

It had me thinking, though. Sardukar mentioned a "2020" mode earlier in this thread, and I think something like that would be a great alternative to the traditional difficulty settings. For me to want to play something like that though (and I would assume I'm not alone on this), there should be a few other things to go with it.
(NOTE: I've never played Cyberpunk 2020 and I have minimal experience with other PnP games, so if any of these ideas would butcher the spirit of it, it was not intentional!)

- More than one save file. Give me at least two, so that I can play the "2020" mode as well as the standard game mode. If I have to pick and choose, I will never play anything but the standard.
- Record and save all stats of previous run-throughs, in a similar manner to how it is done in GTA V (give me all the stats!).
- It shouldn't feel "arcade-y". Maybe it won't feel this way, but I would imagine a perma-death resulting in a new character every play-through might give it this feel. To prevent that, let me save the character! Whether you want to use that character for other play-throughs or archive it forever should be your choice. This might actually fall into the same category as the "recording all stats" thing, but whatever.
- Multiplayer "2020" mode with friends? Play as if you're playing around a table, but you're doing it with friends. I don't know how this would work, or if it would work at all, I'm just throwing out suggestions at this point.

Also, I think I remember reading somewhere that CDPR plans on making a system that allows players to upload/download (both?) their actual PnP games, so I'll bet they're already thinking about things like this.

Gore, Drugs, a deep RP side, A button for doing offensive gesture, tons of guns/implants/items/equipments/ etc..., in-game radios and the possibility to have a "blank" one, so you can pull your own mp3 in it, a dark, gritty, realistic, mature world, filled with colorfull neon and shits, something beautyfull... but the kind of place you'd not like to live (like Brasil, it's all gorgeous and all, but the body count due to criminality is higher than some country in war time), so well, no "auto-censorship", give us a low-life world more hardcore than GTA (not talking about killing child, rapping prostitute or whatever), but the low-end criminal world and all the street side isn't a funny world to be, since the game will focus on the street side, I want to have to do dirty stuff, like murdering or kidnapping, let's say the wife of a corporate (If NPC do it to you, there are no reason you couldn't be an ass aswell), if I ends up in the Street, I'd have to defend my cardboard home from other bums-gang, stealing goods to create drug and sell it, being caught in a gang crime, the gang see me, and they put a target on me just cause "i'm a witnesser", having to keep my ID papers, because the cop would check them often, etc.... Well something "out of the street", in a credible RP maneer (I'm only talking about the "low-street" side because IMO it's the harder to pull off right), you need to feel safer between 4 walls than out on the street, walking around without car or police watching the street should be something you'd be affraid of, because "theses criminals... they're everywhere", well, just the same shit TV's selling us today, you'd just have to make it real, criminals and crazyness everywhere.
The Witcher shows a nice medieval world, with medieval people, Cyberpunk should show a futuristic crappy world, where a few have a decent living, and the rest live in the dirt, ending crazy and losing much of their humanity (no need of cybernetic to turn psycho... just look at our own world...), in fact I want much of 2020 to be back, the attitude, the feel, the badasness, about the gameplay it's up to CDPR to make something cool, but nowadays the video game world lost it's "offensive" side, maybe too bland, I'd like Cyberpunk to be as much politicaly-incorrect as possible... because... It's Cyberpunk lol.
The more the people will rant against "how much this game shows us a decadent soon future who smell piss and corpse, filed with crackhead, crooked cops and nihilists corporate, oh my god, this game also have so much political and social critisism, it must have been done by a bunch of punks", the better it'll be :D

Not saying there would be to have only this in-game, but the "low life" side is often, in most game, tampered down, even in GTA you seems to be the only criminal in the whole town... I'd looove that in Night City, I'd stumble upon a bunch of freaky punk even more crazy than me... Like:
"C'mon dude... is that NPC really doing that stuff?", now that would be a cool dirty cyberpunk ride (because cyberpunk without dirt is just Cyber... You have Deus Ex for it.)

Last edited:
I guess I just feel "ironman" modes tend to discourage exploration and risk taking because if you're wrong, or get a bad result, you've just lost whatever time/effort you've invested into the game so far.
I guess it might be OK on a 2nd or 3rd play thru when you know what's where, but then what's that point BECAUSE you already know what's where?

Hey Dragonbird, you think Sard will ever figure out no one pays the slightest attention to him?

Not sure if this was already posted, but... Masses.

Of People.

If the city is not overflowing with people from all over the world, I'll be very sad.

Not sure if this was already posted, but... Masses.

Of People.

If the city is not overflowing with people from all over the world, I'll be very sad.

Oedo! you're back! Where were you? If this game doesn't have lots of Oedo, I'll be very sad.

Intimidating folk, scaring off crowds of people, using noise as a distraction/decoy. Though firing a gun into the air or ground would probably be just as effective...

I'd suggest a nearby object that won't cause ricochets.
I always love idiots shooting in the air ... those bullets do come back down you know.

I'd suggest a nearby object that won't cause ricochets.
I always love idiots shooting in the air ... those bullets do come back down you know.

In most games (that I'm aware of), bullets aren't actually simulated to travel through things. They simply hit their target. It would be cool to see the bullets programmed so that they actually do travel. That way shooting wildly in the air might actually have a consequence.

Top Bottom