If the game doesn't have [blank] i will be disappointed..

+

too much lulz here at the moment

Just a note here i didnt read any of your responses

Just a note here i didnt read any of your responses, i stopped reading when i read wind effect bullets which it doesnt unless you are talking about longshots a mile away or shooting bb guns, automat carbines 5.56 or 7.62 no chance of effect. u guys dont know what you are talking about as for having a crooked aim

*just blinks in disbelief*
Read or watch any Youtube video on snipers and you'll quickly discover wind is a MAJOR factor in bullet accuracy.
It doesn't matter if the target is 100 or 2000m away, wind WILL effect your shot. And wind is an even MORE major factor with artillery because those 1000# shells are travelling miles.
OK, at say 50m or less it's not really a factor I'll give you that.

you aimadjust according to hits, in stalker the bullets had a completetly random projectile pattern nothing like the real world. this is why i hate the internet somebody farts everyone is a doctor somebody talks guns and all of a sudden everyone is a commando rambo. im done.

Kentucky Windage (yes there's a term for adjusting future shots based on where previous ones hit) works just fine IF the shooter and target are relatively stationary, I've used it a lot knocking down those metal silhouette targets on live fire ranges. But it's much less useful when everything is in motion and assuming you're stupid enough to keep your head up and can see a dust puff low and left of your target there are also five others nearby from other peoples shots ... was that dust puff yours or someone elses?

And no offense intended but while I'm NOT Rambo I am a retired US Marine who's been in combat more then once, and a former Police Officer (the Police Department I was in was too small to have a SWAT unit, but I was essentially it ... because unlike everyone else I had an issue scoped rifle in my trunk), so yes I do think I know a little bit about shooting. Your credentials are?

Last edited:
Animal being animal. Enjoy the show, kids. If he gets offensive, report him and I'll take care of it. Otherwise, try to savour. I know I do.

Sue...I give you 1/8th a SARD point for bringing up Kentucky Windage. Nicely done. Now I will be disappointed if that term isn't in CP2077 at least once.

YOU HAVE PREDOOMED ME MADAM.

I suspect troll.
If he gets offensive by who's standards? Yours or mine?

1/8 a POSITIVE Sard point? *grumbles*
I want negative, NEGATIVE Sard damn it!

He's being childish. He was supposed to be done with CP77 by the moment he called CDPR "sellouts" when he heard that game will have multiplayer features and yet he's still here. He admitted he didn't even read the other posts, on a discussion forum. It's rather clear he shouldn't be taken seriously nor he should even be here if he cares not for reading what other people are posting (which is the whole point of discussion forum in the first place).

I suspect troll.
If he gets offensive by who's standards? Yours or mine?

1/8 a POSITIVE Sard point? *grumbles*
I want negative, NEGATIVE Sard damn it!

I bet you do.

Your standards, within reason. My standards are waaaaaaay out there for offense. Keep in mind, my taking action means, in order, warning, infraction, short ban, long ban, lots and lots of long bans. Depending on nature of complaint and response, of course. Spambots perm. ban, too.

It's rather clear he shouldn't be taken seriously nor he should even be here if he cares not for reading what other people are posting (which is the whole point of discussion forum in the first place).

I would take his statements as they seem to be - if worth of seriousness, do so. If not, don't. Nearly everyone is welcome here - Night City is the place you never really leave, but it's eaaasy to get here...

I like a certain amount of dissent, even semi-unreasonable dissent, as it can sometimes be illuminating. Within certain boundaries, of course. And number of dumb statements per day/week/whatever. I think my sig has a link to the actual rules, too!

On topic:

Have I mentioned I will be disappointed if the game doesn't have acid-filled paintball guns? Yes.

Personally I love dissent !
I learn new things when someone proves me wrong (please note the word "Prove").

My standards are a lot less civilized then yours ... you're a Cannuck and everyone knows they're a mild mannered, polite, even tempered people. Well ... probably not those in Quebec ... they're French after all ... and if anyone that's ever actually spent more then a few days in Paris disagrees with me please say so (tho to be honest most French don't really consider Paris part of France).

Personally I love dissent !
and if anyone that's ever actually spent more then a few days in Paris disagrees with me please say so (tho to be honest most French don't really consider Paris part of France).

Been there for a week or two, found Parisians to be fine, for big city folk. Even helpful, as I struggled through my French.

Probably because I'd lived in a big city already and visited lots more, they seemed fine. I wasn't expecting politeness or warmth.

A.

Paris sucks, it's some kind of real Night City, with all the most rich people of France and french corporations at the center, and you have endless block of concret and poverty around it, this is the real face of Paris...
The problem is that they (the Parisians) think they "are the france" that beyond Paris, we're just a bunch of wildies, who hadn't even water in our bathroom (and, I'm not kidding, some really think this...), even in France, outside Paris, no one take them seriously, Paris is a cliché in itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
OH LOOK AT THAT. We're so off topic AND into non-cyberpunk politics/bitching AND not in the Off-topic forum or Forlorn Hope.

Also, I liked Paris. So there.

BACK ON TOPIC, MY RATLINGS.

I'm quite sure the game will have fun in it. Especially if there is Multiplayer and we can hunt the less-than-FPS-capable through the streets...giggle.

OH LOOK AT THAT. We're so off topic AND into non-cyberpunk politics/bitching AND not in the Off-topic forum or Forlorn Hope.

I'm quite sure the game will have fun in it. Especially if there is Multiplayer and we can hunt the less-than-FPS-capable through the streets...giggle.

If the game is true to the pnp, I bet we'll have a dead serious main story, mixed with some batshit crazy side quests. Cyberpunk is filled with dark humor, so I don't see it being pushed out of the game

If the game is true to the pnp, I bet we'll have a dead serious main story, mixed with some batshit crazy side quests. Cyberpunk is filled with dark humor, so I don't see it being pushed out of the game

Yep, pretty much what I hope for as well.
Not only should the main story be dead serious it shouldn't be anything where you're saving the world from disaster. Saving your self, friends, family sure.

Okay here's something, If the main story intrudes with cutscenes that takes away control from the player, or keep shoving notifications like "MAIN MISSION HERE, GO NOW" then I will be severely disappointed.

But I'm guessing there will be dialogue options in CP2077 like in The Witcher, that would excuse some cutscenes but I still hope they keep it to a minimum.

I think a good way to start the game would be to just dump you somewhere in the town and you would have to find the story yourself, not some prologue bullshit that sets up the main story.

many lulz in perspective

He's being childish. He was supposed to be done with CP77 by the moment he called CDPR "sellouts" when he heard that game will have multiplayer features and yet he's still here. He admitted he didn't even read the other posts, on a discussion forum. It's rather clear he shouldn't be taken seriously nor he should even be here if he cares not for reading what other people are posting (which is the whole point of discussion forum in the first place).

I had forgotten about the MP, ya i will be done if Cyberpunk turns out to be another rpg turned shooter like Syndicate or the FASA Shadowrun. you can your sweet little behind on it!!!!

OK, a few posts deleted.
And a reminder.
We don't permit discussion of real-life religion in the forums, under any circumstances.
The discussion had got back on topic, so please keep it that way.

You either quit or you do not. You obviously do not, so why not skip the part where you loudly announce that you're done each time something doesn't suit your fancy? Or install the revolving door? I do hope that combat part will be at least interesting when it comes to combat-oriented classes while not forcing non-combat classes to take combat skills simply because they can't do much without them. Some games did this. It wasn't pretty to hit the wall and made non-combat abilities and characters into a farce. It's like making stealth oriented character who's then forced to go with guns blazing. I won DE:HR on highest level through sheer perseverance alone.

It's not all. In most games when you went for combat-oriented class you had to stay combat-oriented or you lost efficiency and things went south quickly. I couldn't make a character who wasn't specialized in combat without it hurting my game and thus forcing a certain playstyle onto me. That's what I don't want to see in CP77 and I will be disappointed if I see it here. It's basically the other end to what I mentioned in first paragraph.

Last edited:
I think CDPR said in a video that the "pure shooting" mechanics, etc... will not be related to your skills, IMO you can expect something like Mass Effect or GTA when you'll be around, shooting at targets. Probably that your weapon skills will be about unjamming your gun, or crafting.

I think it's this one:
Not sure, anyway it was posted of this forum.

But, well, as always, since CDPR don't say anything about the game anymore, I bet we'll have to wait almost 1year more to know what to expect...
That's frustrating lol. I don't want gameplay, or spoil the story, but come on, you can share with us some idea without killing the game, or else we'll keep on repeating the same thing for 1more year :/
"I want FPS / I want skill related fight / I don't want to fight / I want roles / Roles sucks / Etc..."

Top Bottom