Disc Nonread

+
Disc Nonread

I purchased the game today (DVD-CD) but it does not read the data.cab file and discontinues installing. I've looked at the disc and could see no scratch that would prevent reading. Is there a download file that will install the game to my pc. Let me know. Thanks

Merling69 said:
I purchased the game today (DVD-CD) but it does not read the data.cab file and discontinues installing. I've looked at the disc and could see no scratch that would prevent reading. Is there a download file that will install the game to my pc. Let me know. Thanks

Is the disc readable on other drives?

Does that drive read other discs?

I tried to copy the file data.cab to my hard drive stand alone and it got partway through and then computer said it could not read the drive. So about 75% of the file copied but then it couldn't read it any more. Other files on the disc i had no problem copying them to my hard drive so that showed me that there is something corrupt with that file. Yes the drive reads other files with no problem.

Forget it. Am going back to World of Warcraft. I've wasted enough time trying to figure out how to install and play the game. Not worth my time if there are issues with the discs, and don't tell me to go back to the retailer....when i buy a game i expect to have a download version available to me on a support site for me to download the game if the files on the discs are defective. I am sitting here with the The Witcher 2 install discs and my game key.

Is my computer working correctly..yes
Can my drive read any other discs...yes
Can i copy other files from the discs to my hard drive..yes
My drive cannot read or copy all of the data2.cab file to my hard drive....leading me to believe that there is something wrong with file on the disc. Either file is damaged or there is a scratch that i cannot see on the disc. Whichever the case I cannot use the disc, and i cannot play the game.

Is there a downloadable file for me to use...not from what I can see. I don't want to pay for the game again...i already paid for DVD-CD copy. There is no way that I am paying for it again.

HI

I have exactly the same problem that you have Merling69. My brand new computer with a brand new LG dvd-drive (gh22ns70) has problems with the game dvd, especially with that data2.cab -file. My wife has also a quite new Samsung laptop which has same problems. Nice. I really hope that I could download legally this game from somewhere. I wouldnt like to become a pirate because of this. I want to pay the games I play.

-temeteus_fin

Same problem here...reallyyyy frustrating.
But i'm hoping to transfer the file on my roomys laptop dvd-rom to my external hard drive then from external to my comp...hope it works!!!!

Top Bottom