The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread discusses the Triss/Yennefer choice, that we all assume will take place in TW3. WE might not know for sure, but we assume that there will be a choice. The thread is not discussing just whether we will or will not have a choice in TW3. It also discusses how such choice should be implemented, and our opinions on it.

It is thus, not a pointless thread. How we got to argue people wanting or not wanting to have a choice, that I do not know. Nobody said anything like that. Everyone wants to have a choice. And almost everyone assumes that there will be.

So I'll give you that, this particular discussion is indeed pointless.

I could point out where the posts not wanting a choice for fear of it reducing Yens importance are, but yes, this is pointless so I'm drawing a line under it here.

Last edited:
I could point out where the posts not wanting a choice for fear of it reducing Yens importance are

The Angry Joe video was only about a week ago, not everyone here will have seen it, and regardless of the strong hint that it contained, there will still be people who wish to express their views.

That's fine, might as well leave it there so. The other user was mentioning something from a good while back, but it's very vague, at best. I just thought that maybe I had missed something.

Yup, there was an article in one magazine back in late 2013 where the question was asked, but the reply was VERY vague and said nothing. Unfortunately, it got misquoted in at least one other magazine as being some kind of confirmation. But it wasn't.

What was actually said back in October:
Do we get a choice between Triss, Yennefer and other women? Or is this choice out of the player’s control?

We want to continue in the vein of TW2, though I can’t tell you anything specific about the female companions that will appear in The Witcher 3 yet. We want to shape the relationships Geralt will have with various women in a mature way, that the player can feel a natural flow to the relation and at the same time still have different choices on how to approach this or that specific character.
(Source: http://leviathyn.com/slider/2013/09/26/witcher-3-wild-hunt-interview-charles-dance-next-gen-canon/ )

Last edited:
The Angry Joe video was only about a week ago, not everyone here will have seen it, and regardless of the strong hint that it contained, there will still be people who wish to express their views.

Fair enough. However, both parties in the last discussion agreed that to continue was (......) I'm not allowed to say the word here. How when both agree on something, yet when I confirm the other members sentiments, this means I'm somehow "belittling" them, is beyond me. A non sequitur I would say.

EDIT: I had posted before the additional information you added to your post, cheers for the information.

Last edited:
Then I suggest you do as you've already said and draw a line on it. This topic has always been heated, but it seems to have reached boiling point over the last 24 hours.

In an other old interview they said "Geralt will look for his true love, but we know a several fans love Triss and we won't forget them"... or something like that. Biefing, the've said that #TrissTeam must no have any fear about their choices made in TW2 about this issue. There are hundreds of interviews since E3 2013 so don't ask me for search it now.

And I do not think CDPR has made 2 different versions of the same game TW3, one pro-Yen and other pro-Triss, it is overwhelming logic that they have considered the fact that either option can be selected within the same TW3 .

Last edited:
In an other old interview they said "Geralt will look for his true love, but we know a several fans love Triss and we won't forget them"... or something like that. Biefing, the've said that #TrissTeam must no have any fear about their choices made in TW2 about this issue. There are hundreds of interviews since E3 2013 so don't ask me for search it now.

And I do not think CDPR has made 2 different versions of the same game TW3, one pro-Yen and other pro-Triss, it is overwhelming logic that they have considered the fact that either option can be selected within the same TW3 .

The 'Story of witcher 3' interview didn't fill me with confidence describing Triss relationship as 'a bond that's difficult to say no to' . Glad to hear though if there's other interviews that imply Triss can equally considered his love(for those who want to pursue that path) rather than just a ill fated hook up on a linear path back to long lost love.

The 'Story of witcher 3' interview didn't fill me with confidence describing Triss relationship as 'a bond that's difficult to say no to' . Glad to hear though if there's other interviews that imply Triss can equally considered his love(for those who want to pursue that path) rather than just a ill fated hook up on a linear path back to long lost love.
I agree with you I'm hoping the sex scene in the trailer is not just a hook up while searching for yennefer but more
like after telling her that he loves her more than Yennefer

I agree with you I'm hoping the sex scene in the trailer is not just a hook up while searching for yennefer but more
Looking at the trailer, it seems like Geralt is dressed up nicely as if he were at a party or something. So I'd guess it's either story related or an elaborate sidequest. I doubt he'll tell any girl he loves her more than the other since it's really not needed (and in my opinion, the mere mention of the other girl is a bit of a mood killer). :p

I think the relationships in Witcher 2 needed to be taken more seriously and needed to have dire consequences. Instead they were very casual and they did not really affect the game. For example choosing to exclusively be with Triss and creating a Geralt that loves her and is loyal to her even when she is kidnapped yields no actual difference in comparison to cheating on her with Ves and others along the way.
I'm just hoping that We wouldn't end up with a game that you could just casually fuck Triss, Yen, and Ciri (being able to have sexual relationship with Ciri is my biggest concern) without consequences and a serious choice that changes the course of the game.

Man, I envy you, you know quotes and sentences that have not appeared in the publics demos.. ups! I mean footages ;)

Looking at the trailer, it seems like Geralt is dressed up nicely as if he were at a party or something. So I'd guess it's either story related or an elaborate sidequest. I doubt he'll tell any girl he loves her more than the other since it's really not needed (and in my opinion, the mere mention of the other girl is a bit of a mood killer). :p
yeah you are right but still then he tells her than he only loves her
deal?

(and in my opinion, the mere mention of the other girl is a bit of a mood killer). :p
Better buy popcorn and watch the scene if this will happen *hehe*

I'm just hoping that We wouldn't end up with a game that you could just casually fuck Triss, Yen, and Ciri (being able to have sexual relationship with Ciri is my biggest concern) without consequences and a serious choice that changes the course of the game.
I hope that too but relationship with Ciri? :whatthe:
No, no, don't worry, CDPR says Geralt will find his loved ones and Ciri is one of them but not a loved loved in that sense.

Better buy popcorn and watch the scene if this will happen *hehe*

I hope that too but relationship with Ciri? :whatthe:
No, no, don't worry, CDPR says Geralt will find his loved ones and Ciri is one of them but not a loved loved in that sense.

Yeah... Geralt and Ciri in THAT sense? Brrr goosebumps...

Been reading the books, and after the "my friend" letter I must say I would have to go with Yen.
Just for the attitude

That and maybe a run in with a certain medical student;)

If it's been decided already then one of them will likely die leaving you no other option, I think Triss will be the one to do this. She will sacrifice herself to save Geralt proving that she actually loves him and it's not just some weird obsession of hers and Yennefer's douchebagynes seems to be slightly higher than that of Triss.

If you get me to pick between both of them I would pick Triss, her rose of remembrance scene was glorious. She is glorious.

If it's been decided already then one of them will likely die leaving you no other option, I think Triss will be the one to do this. She will sacrifice herself to save Geralt proving that she actually loves him and it's not just some weird obsession of hers and Yennefer's douchebagynes seems to be slightly higher than that of Triss.

If you get me to pick between both of them I would pick Triss, her rose of remembrance scene was glorious. She is glorious.

I think Triss will do exactly this, she'll sacrifice herself for Geralt. I strongly feel this will be one of the crucial choices in TW3. Allow Triss to make a pivotal and dire choice, or back her up once and for all. Geralt needs to recognize he wouldn't even be alive without this woman.

I think Triss will do exactly this, she'll sacrifice herself for Geralt. I strongly feel this will be one of the crucial choices in TW3. Allow Triss to make a pivotal and dire choice, or back her up once and for all. Geralt needs to recognize he wouldn't even be alive without this woman.

I do hope that it will be a choice and not just Triss sacrificing herself always without your input that would be
very lazy of CDPR because they didn't want to anger the book readers
I wish they would just say it already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom