Football Thread (actual "football")

+
Brazil can still be third or fourth place, that's pretty good I'd say.

And I agree South American football has little to learn from Europe. In fact it is South American players who make European teams spectacular. Perhaps team play, yes.

I like both Germany and Argentina. But not counting Brazil it's been a while since an American team won, so yeah. That's gotta be an interesting game.

Last edited:
Given the expectations that reigned in Brazil, I'd say even third place will justifiably be seen as a massive public disaster. And this is an election year, and the speculation over how this will affect the outcome and the next administration is already running wide open throttle.

But let's be happy for the winners and look forward to the final. I'm going to see if I can talk my family into going to the park and watching the game on a giant screen. (I'm in California; it's not going to rain, and if by a miracle it does, well, we really need it.) The Lasagna Queen will be down with that; she's got a massive crush on Messi.

And if anybody cares, women's World Cup is next year, and USA and Germany are the favorites, with Japan, France, Sweden, and Brazil not far behind. The women play exciting football, without so much of the gratuitous violence and flopping that the men sometimes go in for.

Last edited:
And I agree South American football has little to learn from Europe. In fact it is South American players who make European teams spectacular. Perhaps team play, yes.

Hm, only South American players at Bayern Munich are Pizarro, Dante and Rafinha. Hardly players who make Bayern's gameplay "spectacular". ;)

I was in Germany visiting family in the 90's..I think they won a world cup then, can't remember. Did they? I just recall the beers and pastries were exceptional and I hiked each morning in a forest near Bitburg that was pruned like my grandma's garden. But it still had these huge boars, supposedly.

..Sorry this is football, I'll leave, lol.

Last edited:
I was in Germany visiting family in the 90's..I think they won a world cup then, can't remember. Did they?

Yes, they won the 1990 World Cup, which took place in Italy. The final was West Germany-Argentina, so now we´ll get a chance for revenge!

Yeah, Germany is kind of a World Cup nightmare for Argentina...
But let´s see how the match goes this Sunday. It´ll be fun to watch, that´s for sure!

4,5KG pulled pork marinating,
20 liter beer ordered,
4 liters apple wine
one bottle of red wine.
14 bags of chips
46" TV mounted on a turnable wand stand.

todo:
make buns, and a ton of coleslaw.
also buy another 4KG of charcoal.
Hope for better wetter.

The finale can come...

4,5KG pulled pork marinating,
20 liter beer ordered,
4 liters apple wine
one bottle of red wine.
14 bags of chips
46" TV mounted on a turnable wand stand.

todo:
make buns, and a ton of coleslaw.
also buy another 4KG of charcoal.
Hope for better wetter.

The finale can come...
You're doing this right. ^^
God, I'm so nervous already.

€ found something very fitting to both Sanamia's post AND the final:

View attachment 4695

Attachments

• 338fe39b-2cc3-45be-9e1e-01308fd04cfa.jpg
    338fe39b-2cc3-45be-9e1e-01308fd04cfa.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I'll watch the finals this Sunday. I will be rooting for Germany.

*stares longingly to the horizon wondering is England will ever be a good team again* :p

Honoring our ancestral Argentinean traditions, I think I´m going to watch the final after having a nice barbecue for lunch with some friends. Nothing like a good "asado"! (let´s hope the weather plays along...)

Top Bottom