Impressed by this forum, and a little crash problem

+
Impressed by this forum, and a little crash problem

Of all the games i've played i've never found my answers to a problem in just 2 min. Usually takes me 1 hour least to find a post with the same issue as i'm having, but here it was the first topic i clicked xDJust wanted to compliment you guys for a well organized forum and a damn nice game!and sorry if this is spam to you others = /Anyways, also had a slight problem between loading. game just crashes. i get the message "the program is not responding" its in norweigan to me so probably not what it would say in english, anyways, in someway that means that the game freezes? i know my computer is qualified to play this game as i've played some quite nice demanding games earlier. but what i've tried now is to upgrade the nvidia driver so that the game probably runs smoother and maybe even solves that problem. But if any1 knows how to make the game run smoothest, lagfree at probably even highest grafics then please share the information=)sorry again if this was posted in the wrong place but as i understand this topic, its about everything and nothing but i probably wont get answers exactly fast but thats why i'm posting here, not in a hurry xDkind regards from Darkfallen (Erik) a real Norweigan viking

I'm currently using windows xp, but the updates i've found here have been for vista... would that mean that xp doesnt need that 32-bit update or has it not been added yet?Vista has not exactly been a good gamer version of windows as far as i've seen.I'm currently having lags and loading is going really slowly. but my game is crashing randomly after a load or just when something is changing in game, for example going into "story talk mode". any hints to make the game run smoothly? my comp meets the requirement

Hi there Darkfallen,Vista is not required, luckily. The 1.3 Patch can be found here: http://www.thewitcher.com/registration/en/www/patch.htmlSeems like it is the same for both OSs.Concerning your system:Read this: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_tech_help_on_the_forumand then please post the PCWizard results.

Darkfallen said:
I'm currently using windows xp, but the updates i've found here have been for vista... would that mean that xp doesnt need that 32-bit update or has it not been added yet?Vista has not exactly been a good gamer version of windows as far as i've seen.I'm currently having lags and loading is going really slowly. but my game is crashing randomly after a load or just when something is changing in game, for example going into "story talk mode". any hints to make the game run smoothly? my comp meets the requirement
I've played the game through on both XP Pro SP2/3 and also Vista 32 Bit. The game does/will crash randomly even with the 1.3 patch and will do so under both OSes.I've learned to really like Vista and was a diehard XP user ... waiting to make the switch to Vista until nearly a year after its release. I can boot into either OS by having XP on a totally different HDD from Vista. So, I can say quite confidently, you will have crashes with this game regardless. The way to keep from losing too much progress is to do a manual Quicksave [F5} quite frequently.One school of thought on these crashes is that it's related to the security used... TAGES.... and the way it interacts with the DVD drive. So, make sure you have the latest Firmware installed for your DVD drive. And, if you have more than one installed, I highly recommend you make sure the one you're using is designated as the "D" drive.Cheers!

There really is no need to spread out the request/s for help over several threads. It only makes it harder to keep up with any responses.[MOD]Merged them ;)[/MOD]

Top Bottom