The General Videogame Thread

+
Yup. Order doesn't look that impressive thus far. Looks like your average third person, linear cover shooter with pretty graphics for the most part. Unless they focus more on the horror/suspense elements seen in the E3 demo.

But I'll probably skip it anyways. Not a big fan of the genre.

The only games I'm looking out for are Witcher, Cyberpunk, Fallout and the next actual Elderscrolls game. TESO does not count in my opinion. And was an embarrassment to the series. Oh, and an announcement for Dishonored 2. The new Silent Hill game looks pretty good as well but I can't say I'm "excited" for it.

I used to be a big Halo fan, but that series is dried out for me.

a bit disappointing since doom 3 was an improvement on the formula

Doom 3 was a good game in its own right, having excellent graphics and art style and captured the horror elements of the original quite well but the shooting stuff was pitifully boring. As a user previously mentioned, encounters basically resumed to teleportation and monster closets. Both were frequent in the originals but that is really all Doom 3 did. In the originals you have enemies attacking you in diverse combinations and from diverse angles, which always kept things fresh.

From what I've heard from attendees, Doom 4 will retain the atmosphere of Doom 3 but will greatly expand it, meaning that there will also be vast, open spaces along cramped corridors. It will also have a great emphasis on mobility, double jumping and dodging enemy projectiles. This will be an old school game with AAA quality made by the best of the best, meaning there will be no regeneration, no weapon limit, over-the-top violence (seriously), no aiming-down-sights, no reloading...Exactly what Doom fans want.

I haven't played this in over an year. Is the game still in the sorry state it was at release?

I haven't played much of it myself, but I've seen recent Let's Plays on YouTube and it looks like the A.I issue has been solved. The graphical stuttering has also been solved as well, as I played a few skirmish battles and I am getting around 50FPS.

Top Bottom