Game Journalism - Unfit for purpose?

+

Game Journalism - Unfit for purpose?

• Total voters
I found this...
http://www.patreon.com/thesarkeesianeffect

If it was here before, ignore.

I was skeptical of this at first, because I thought he was just going to make more youtube videos, which everyone and their grandmothers have done lately to give their two cents on how they think the SJWs are remnants of illuminati, carefully planning the destruction of male society so they can more easily invade our country. lol.

Anyway, I was skeptical until I watched the rest and saw how this is different from kickstarter, having to be funded periodically so we can see they're doing what he said they would. And its a documentary, not just yet another youtube video.

I'll wait and see. Still skeptical to anyone asking me for money.

@Unkindled Yeah, I would wait with my money and see if they are doing what they said they would first, but still I think it's better news than silence.

Also name for this documentary in my opinion is stupid.

Last edited:
Lol the Sarkeesian effect. Gives her way more credit than she deserves. It's not like she invented that technique. All she did was take the personality of an attention hog and apply it to kickstarter to make cash. Politicians have been doing that for a while. I still remember a certain female political figure who I assume the mods won't let me mention saying she thought she was going to be assassinated, lol. SMH

You know millions died and suffered for us to have the ability to speak our minds, for free speech...and yet we now stand to lose it to censorship in the name of feminism...they are winning.

They argue over the idea that people need to be safe, and that we need to keep a tight lock on what we say. Empty excuses. They want to control the narrative, the message. The way it's put out and how it's received.

Mod: Keep politics out of this please

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the IRS is more of a threat to free speech than these pushovers, personally.

But, people losing jobs because they're not SJWs and some people start harassing them or their bosses over it, that is indeed a problem. They've done it before as we all know, with Brendan Eich, Mozilla CEO.

I love the mention of destiny, even though it's getting dogged all over the place. But they are right to mention it for the point they made. And it shows how powerful hype from a gaming company that has a legacy like Bungie, really can be.

(Edited post)

I don't think they'll win. It looks that way because we're used to thinking that the media reflects what people think, but in a situation like this, when the media is one side of the battle, they're unreliable by definition.

Developers would bow down to the media if the media had power to decide whether or not a game would be a financial success. Historically, the media may have had that power, but GamerGate has weakened that. The gamers are the customers, and they've given a pretty strong message that they're not going to accept what the media says, and they're not going to refuse to buy a game because the media claims that it's sexist.

Oh, and

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/2...mma-watson-were-all-anti-4chan-campaign.shtml

Regarding the Emma Watson incident - conclusion based on the update seems to be that it was neither the terribly misogynistic 4chan, or a SJW false-flag, but "someone outside the debate doing it for the Lulz"

Last edited:

Forum veteran
NPR now counts among the SJW ranks. If you've eaten recently, I suggest you wait lest you hurl when Zoe accuses teh Internets for her pain:
You have to admit, it's hilarious to have big websites denying that this is about journalistic corruption while at the same time publishing one-sided stories that show that they're either complicit in said corruption or unwilling to actually research the topic in question. Someone should send them a "thank you for proving our point for us" card.

NPR now counts among the SJW ranks. If you've eaten recently, I suggest you wait lest you hurl when Zoe accuses teh Internets for her pain:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechcon...and-video-games?&uidt=1411608439#commentBlock

They've deleted 4 comments in the last 7 minutes, including mine. None of which violated the site rules. No profanity, vitriol, nothing. Just the facts...and then they're gone!

The SJW corruption extends far beyond game media I'm afraid. It's in academia, non-game media, etc.

Mod: Keep political terms out of this please

Last edited by a moderator:
The gamers are the customers, and they've given a pretty strong message that they're not going to accept what the media says, and they're not going to refuse to buy a game because the media claims that it's sexist.

If I can be real for a bit, I wouldn't give a damn if it were somehow misogynist, because I don't hate women, and there's no relation to watching something and making you want to do it. Listening to drowning pool doesn't make me want to let bodies hit any floors. My family does though, lol.

Jupiter_on_Mars

So, apparently, it's become ok to revert back to the old lingo; «leftist corruption», «communists», and what not. I'm sure anyone who thinks such language is inaccurate in this context still won't be able to expand upon the topic though.

So I'm out.
You guys have a great discussion.

So, apparently, it's become ok to revert back to the old lingo; «leftist corruption», «communists», and what not. I'm sure anyone who thinks such language is inaccurate in this context still won't be able to expand upon the topic though.

So I'm out.
You guys have a great discussion.

No, it's not OK.
Everyone please cut out this type of language please. The forum rules regarding politics do still apply, and as has been mentioned earlier, bringing in wider ideologies also brings in their associated baggage that may not be relevant.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but NPR was always in the SJW camp. Another outlet that I used to listen to in the car and jettisoned. I was better off replacing it with 80's CDs on a loop. This is about ideology for our would-be media overlords, so they aren't interested about facts or objectivity. And Americans are forced to pay for this shit. (edit: I actually think they're not even capable of seeing a different side. The intelligentsia bubble is real. Some people have lived in it so long that they only see the bubble, and everything outside it is foreign and dangerous.)

Zoe's still trying to convince people she's persecuted for being an "outspoken woman," eh. Her harassment of The Fine Young Capitalists must count in her mind as being "outspoken."

You have to admit, it's hilarious to have big websites denying that this is about journalistic corruption while at the same time publishing one-sided stories that show that they're either complicit in said corruption or unwilling to actually research the topic in question. Someone should send them a "thank you for proving our point for us" card.
Exactly. The irony escapes them.

Last edited:
I think Sommers made a very good point recently about feminists in America: They are institutionalized while their opposition isn't. They have control over the facts that get presented to others in the media, in education and so on.

Top Bottom