The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Performance on Consoles

+
I just hope CDPR will release the final resolution for X1 and PS4. I don't know why they haven't released them yet, because they said the game was finished they were just getting the bugs out of the game.

Last edited:
I just hope CDPR will release the final resolution for X1 and PS4. I don't know why they haven't released them yet, because they said the game was finished they were just getting the bugs out of the game.
Most probably they want to make sure where exactly they stand on consoles. They want to know if they can stretch the game to 1080p before giving any word to the public.
To be honest I couldn't care less if the game is at 1080p on consoles, more focus on frame rate stability would be very much appreciated. Boy would it suck to WHOOSH go down to below 20 fps while in a combat. :lol:

And why does that matter? If you truely intend to get the game then its pointless. Just another bait & click post.

Attachments

• the-witcher-3-the-witcher-3-the-wild-hunt-the-best-game-of-2015-here-s-why.jpg
    the-witcher-3-the-witcher-3-the-wild-hunt-the-best-game-of-2015-here-s-why.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Witcher-3-VGX-Trailer.jpg
    Witcher-3-VGX-Trailer.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 59
But the game already looks miles ahead of that, those look so unfinished and rough as hell. Right from Geralt's hair to the 'dithered' wood on that windmill and those 'hut' like things in the distance look almost 2D from that perspective

The game does look stunning but I very much doubt it'll be like THIS

Just take a look at the clouds in the far distance, the dust particles at the right side of Geralt, movement of the grass etc.....

I'll tell you the story I've probably mentioned more than a few times...

Before The Witcher 2's release, CDPR put out some screenshots. Just about EVERYONE cried bullshot, bullshot, bullshot, no way that's what the game looks like. The final game looked 10x better.

I'll tell you the story I've probably mentioned more than a few times...

Before The Witcher 2's release, CDPR put out some screenshots. Just about EVERYONE cried bullshot, bullshot, bullshot, no way that's what the game looks like. The final game looked 10x better.
Care to share those Pre-Witcher 2 bullshots? I'd like to see them.

I'm not doubting CDPR in delivering, I'm only saying those shots are most probably rendered for advertising purposes. I guess we'll see.

I hate to say this but I'm pretty sure it won't. Those specific captures are certainly pre rendered with the highest graphics fidelity and details. Everything in those captures moves lol.

Hah congratulations! You've just fallen victim to cinematic arrangement. The first picture has new particle effects in it and the second one has a lot of stuff going on and moving but both sequences were created using the old renderer with pretty much tW2EE graphics. So don't worry, the actual game looks waaaay better.

Last edited:
Hah congratulations! You've just fallen victim to cinematic arrangement. The first picture has new particle effects in it and the second one has a lot of stuff going on and moving but both sequences were created using the old renderer with pretty much tW2EE graphics. So don't worry, the actual game looks waaaay better.
:hmmm:

Care to share those Pre-Witcher 2 bullshots? I'd like to see them.

---------- Updated at 03:26 PM ----------

I hate to say this but I'm pretty sure it won't. Those specific captures are certainly pre rendered with the highest graphics fidelity and details. Everything in those captures moves lol.

Those are not pre rendered. There is simply a lot of sharpening, that can be emulated with SweetFX.

Just take a look at the clouds in the far distance, the dust particles at the right side of Geralt, movement of the grass etc.....

I hope it looks this awesome -the pop in of the top of that dead sharp tree to Geralts right lol....

CDPR said that they only had to fix one last thing, the bugs. Most of us will probably understand that we have to be patient. One thing i don't get is why CDPR has not yet released the final resoltion for the consoles. They said that as long as the game was in progress nothing could be said about the final resolution on the platforms.
The game is finished, the polishing is done (information from articles) and now they are removing the bugs from the game. But what have the bugs in the game have to do with the final resolution? (just wondering why they haven't told us yet)

Top Bottom