Why are the ground textures completely flat? [pics]

+
Ass Creed Unity Sucks, it was only 900p on both consoles and buggy as fuck!
(FACT) I can't even keep it on my hard drive without my console acting all retardead slow, it's fucked up man.
I would have never payed 60 bucks if I knew that the game was the shitty ass mess that it is, hey it's their karma right.

Unity runs fine on my PC. Then again I have a gsync monitor and that's why the framerate is perfectly smooth. But I haven't had any crashes or bugs that affected me playing the game. Just a few buggy NPCs here and there. It's a pretty good game for me. Nowhere near what The Witcher 3 will be though.

Unity runs fine on my PC. Then again I have a gsync monitor and that's why the framerate is perfectly smooth. But I haven't had any crashes or bugs that affected me playing the game. Just a few buggy NPCs here and there. It's a pretty good game for me. Nowhere near what The Witcher 3 will be though.
That's awesome for you, but a lot of console gamers really got screwed over and that's not cool man...

Last edited:
That's awesome for you, but all console gamers got screwed over and that's not cool man...

Ok, I understand how you feel, but I've seen lots of console gamers say they had no real problems with the game and enjoyed it. In any case, I'm saying that it doesn't just "suck" for everybody. I can understand if you say it sucked for you and a lot of other console gamers, but you made it sound like it sucked for everyone. Anyway, not a big deal, let's drop it. I'm sure we can both agree that we think The Witcher 3 is going to be a much better game.

---------- Updated at 02:45 AM ----------

So could we talk about TW3 now please?

Sorry about that. Your comment wasn't there when I started to write mine. I agree, let's talk about The Witcher 3. :)

why? in unity it works

Are you talking about this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_mapping

Amazing. Truly amazing. The game is just never going to be good enough for some people. It has yet to even be released, and it isn't good enough for some. Be glad it doesn't look like this.

No disrespect to those who love to analyse graphics, but I keep this old shot here as a simple reminder to everyone just how far things have advanced in the manufacturing of illusions.

What are you talking about? Doom engine games look great for their age, especially in the hands of talented modders.

Last edited:
Ass Creed Unity Sucks, it was only 900p on both consoles and buggy as fuck!
(FACT) I can't even keep it on my hard drive without my console acting all retardead slow, it's fucked up man.
I would have never payed 60 bucks if I knew that the game was the shitty ass mess that it is, hey it's their karma right.
I refuse to buy another Ubisoft game ever again, they have an awful lot of trust to rebuild amongst fellow gamers.

well unity runs well on my PC(but is a boring game) and is the only game to ever utilize 100% of all of the cores on my i5 4670. Other games never use that much even if they perform badly. Hope TW3 can utilize a lot of my PCs power as well.
I hope later mods will add either tesselation or parralax occlusion into the game, there are mods like that for skyrim.

That's awesome for you, but a lot of console gamers really got screwed over and that's not cool man...

And Pc owners too. As an 2 Nvida GTX 980 and 3dvision owner I can say that the problems are not performance, are graphical and gamplay issues.

tesselation on terrain is a completely different thing and wont fix the flatness

If you read my post, you'll see that I mentioned tessellation in conjunction with displacement mapping for proper terrain geometry. Tessellation by itself can't provide depth, but thats what displacement maps are used for.

Judging by screenshots and what we know, the Witcher 3 definitely uses both displacement mapping and tessellation. Parallax Occlusion Mapping is fine too in certain circumstances..

Top Bottom