OP Geralt + Deithwen and Koviri sword in chapter I

+
OP Geralt + Deithwen and Koviri sword in chapter I

I have played this game many times before (probably my favourite game), but this time I decided to finally pick up Witcher 1 from Steam and import my save file. About around Chapter 1 I started noticing that my damage is a little higher than usual and that the game seems much easier. Being the humble bloke that I am, I contributed that fact solely to my pure skillz :). After defeating arachas, I knew that there is a Sword of Kaer Morhen lying nearby, however, insted of that sword, there was Deithwen. Also, I found Koviri sword in the cave. I thought that those were maybe just bonuses, for finishing Witcher 1. The real confusion came, when i fought Letho, and was able to 1 shot him with Igni.

Does anyone know how to fix that bug, and if the Deithwen and Koviri sword were meant to be there? Thx

There are random high-powered swords in the EE version of the game, so finding Deithwen, although highly unusual, isn't entirely impossible (it's never happened to me). I suggest you throw them into storage.

The second possibility is - have you at any time had REDKit mods installed during this playthrough? There's a known bug about that, but the effect is that Geralt is REALLY overpowered for the entire game, not just a little bit, so I think you'd have noticed.

During this playthrough, I had 2 mods installed. Extreme quality flora and FCR. I have turned them off, but still no change. I´ll try to delete them and reinstall game.

So, I have found and eviscerated any signs of mods on my PC and I´ve reinstalled the game once again, but to no avail. I know that I´ve been inactive on this post for a long time, but I hope there is still someone who can help me.

Top Bottom