Toussaint

+
I very much look forward to this region, sounds like the perfect contrast to Geral's demeanor. The synopsis reminds me of the decadent societies R.E. Howard was continually placing his gruff protagonist in.

Just what I thought... how could they dare take us so close to Rivia, so close you can smell the Yaruga... and yet, no celebratory pitchfork cigar ?

Meve... lovely name with a heavy history "she who intoxicates".
If we go to Rivia, then I'll find that Rob or whatever his name was and shove a pitchfork up his ass. This should be a mission.
Best moment would be when he sees Geralt and Geralt says "Remember me ?".

Ay, but before you kill this Rob, make sure he's paid the three Crowns he owes at the local tavern!

The upstart's likely been swaggering about, the while, calling himself 'Robert of Rivia, Witcher-slayer'. . . .

Last edited:
I hope so much that there will be other extension after if they are good. I want to visit Kaedwen. I want to visit Nilfgaard. I want to visit Aedirn !!! I don't want The Witcher serie to stop EVER ^^ I mean I don't want a 4th Witcher. Every series has to have an end. But Lots of extension I don't mind at all.

Personally I hope the Blood and Wine extension will relate the unknown stuff of Geralt and his fellowship waiting for the winter to pass. Geralt do a lot of stuff during this moment in the book and lots of thing could be crated here. It said there will deeply missed character in it so it must be in the past.
Would be so cool ! To see Milva, Cahir, Angouleme and Regis again. I want to see Regis again but see him in the main story wouldn't be cool. He s dead and even a vampire can't return from that.
So why not create a mystery they had to solve all together during their stay we don't know about ? That would be awesome don't you agree?

I hope so much that there will be other extension after if they are good. I want to visit Kaedwen. I want to visit Nilfgaard. I want to visit Aedirn !!! I don't want The Witcher serie to stop EVER ^^ I mean I don't want a 4th Witcher. Every series has to have an end. But Lots of extension I don't mind at all.

Personally I hope the Blood and Wine extension will relate the unknown stuff of Geralt and his fellowship waiting for the winter to pass. Geralt do a lot of stuff during this moment in the book and lots of thing could be crated here. It said there will deeply missed character in it so it must be in the past.
Would be so cool ! To see Milva, Cahir, Angouleme and Regis again. I want to see Regis again but see him in the main story wouldn't be cool. He s dead and even a vampire can't return from that.
So why not create a mystery they had to solve all together during their stay we don't know about ? That would be awesome don't you agree?

Then let's hope that the Redkit is released in time, modders unite, and start churning out the rest of the Continent!

Toussaint's atmosphere, architecture and landscape

I am very intrigued with TW3 upcoming expansion of Toussaint, but know very little about the region itself. Could anyone (who has read the books, perhaps) elaborate on what we could expect in terms of landscape, architecture, interior design, customs, clothing fashion and the like?

From what I've seen so far, CDPR successfully created a distinct look and feel for regions such as Skellige and Novigrad, which makes me quite excited to see what they'll do with a new region.

The only info I have on Toussaint is from the wiki:
Toussaint is a duchy within Nilfgaard famous for its wines, enabled by the volcanic soil. This mountainous place is ruled by Anna Henrietta. Toussaint has no army of its own, nor a police force, just a small number of knights-errant watching the borders and roads, though their attention is said to be keen. Tradition is a holy thing in Toussaint, so all holidays are keenly observed.

Interestingly, the Nilfgaardian Empire does not tend to impose itself in the affairs of Toussaint and for the most part does not violate its borders.

like this....

Photo dans les vignes des vestiges des fortifications du Moyen âge qui reliées le château d'Isenbourg à l'enceinte de Rouffach. Photos du château d'Isenbourg à Rouffach, visiter les châteaux forts d'Alsace, histoire de la route des vins d'Alsace.

Last edited:
I am thinking, it would be a nice twist that Geralt dies (or disappears as the new King of the Wild Hunt or go in retirement with Yen or whatever) during the main quest, and then you can go on playing the expansion and freely roaming the open world... as Ciri.

Actually, it would be even better to go back to Toussaint as Jaskier/Dandelion :huh:

Well, It's hard to describe and I haven't been reading books for a while, but from what I remember that was a small country located in basin. It's half-independent, France ish country, very Renaissance-looking, when it comes to buildings (that's how I remember it). It seemed not to care about other parts of the world, in a strange way. "Empire fighting with North?" "Didn't know. I thought they stopped fighting many years ago". Constant balls, dances and feasts. Great wines and cuisine. A place when you can easly die, because there is a lot of spies from every possible country, constant intrigues and a lot of secrets. And some work for a witcher too, because of many caves.

Groundhog Day in luxemburgish duchy. Merchants staying out of the capital afraid to get caught in the loop. Shrek neverland type kind of place
What if Geralt finds ogre contract over there?

I loved Toussaint, In the books it just seemed like such a good place. I absolutely cant wait to visit the area in game. I especially hope we get to take Dandelion with us. Cant wait

:cheers:

Just like the topology on the continent map earlier all the elements on this close up appear to be from a range of real world places, I see names common to Spain, Italy, France, Germany?, England & Ireland. SO i'd expect standard euro geography & fortress decor - and the pics posted so far all look the part to me - but with all those knights erranting, vintners imbiding, and bards disseminating, the atmosphere is clearly going to be charged, possibly with something akin to chivalric times, although perhaps that'll be but one of it's layers.

"Tir ná Béa Arainne" could translate as "Land of Feeling Alive".
"Dun Tynne" could be "Fort of the Slag" (as in smelting refuse, unfortunately), or Ingot Fort, something like that, although outside chance its "Fort of the Sores".

I am thinking, it would be a nice twist that Geralt dies (or disappears as the new King of the Wild Hunt or go in retirement with Yen or whatever) during the main quest, and then you can go on playing the expansion and freely roaming the open world... as Ciri.

Actually, it would be even better to go back to Toussaint as Jaskier/Dandelion :huh:

You're clearly nuts to even think this let alone post it... you should post more often ! :)

Top Bottom