Geralt randomly uttering "Something's not right..." and "Something's seriously strange here..." close to the Ampphitheater in Toussaint... !?! O_o

+

A.P.P.

Forum veteran

Upon exploring the area in the vicinity of the AMPHITHEATER in Toussaint, I had two really weird random utterings by Geralt.

As far as I could tell, they were NOT related to ANY quest or even MINI-EVENT related to ANYTHING...

===

The first was heard while moving up the hill towards the Amphitheater, from the location of the nearby-situatied Knight-Errant in trouble:

See the red arrow? I had just helped the knight and started moving up the hill along the path of said arrow. Encountered a few Barghets, which I killed.

Then, suddenly, out of nowhere, and for NO apparent reason AT ALL, Geralt suddenly uttered:

Something's not right here...

There were no accompanying quest-log updates, changes in sound effects / music or ambience, or anything recognizable by my Witcher Senses.

Just a few moments later, Geralt then uttered another line:

Whaaaat ?? o_O

"Nevermind!", I thought, attributing this occurrence to just random immersive chatter being programmed into the game,
similarly to how Geralt would sometimes say "Wind's howling!" or "It's clearing up!", or "Looks like rain..."

EVEN though I could recognize that this time it's different...

Moving on, ther were several wolves which I also killed without any mini-event accompanying them, and that was that regarding this particular small area...

Just a bit North of there, however, ANOTHER such incident popped up...

Here:

I arrived at this small shack by the pond's shore, and there was a relatively hi-level Water/Grave hag there which I easily killed.

Again -- NO accmopanying mini-quest or event.

After that, I faced towards the hill, where the Theater is.

Just standing there, not even MOVING AT ALL !! , Geralt suddenly uttered:

Something's seriously wrong here...

WHAT THE FUCK, AGAIN ?? ... o_O !! ...

This time I forget whether there was a follow up line like last time's "Damn it!" ... I think there was, but can't be sure...

Nevermind, I explored a bit some more around the theater and killed 1 or 2 panthers, and that was that.

===

I still haven't explored the Theater itself.

Presumably, there IS something of import there?? Because I did notice the written pamphlets on some of the Region's Notice Boards:

"Ghostly and wightly apparitions with half-human, half-bird form spotted by witnesses near the Theater!!!"

Or... something to that general effect...

=======

Sooo... what's it all mean ???

Will I find the answer to my questions once I've actually went into the Theater proper? I still haven't viisted it.

OR

Is it all just ambient-immersion talk lines similar to "Wind's howling...", "Looks like rain..." etc...? :O

-------

Thank you for your time! :)

Last edited:

A.P.P.

Forum veteran
Thank you , BUT ...

BUT...

I am still not convinced that those utterings by Geralt have ANYTHING to do with this quest AT ALL !! :O

Reason being that, if you look at the maps I provided, when he starts muttering, he's still a pretty far way off from the Theater itself.

I now realize that the screenshots I provided are a bit misleading:

In both cases, the location of Geralt's ARROW on the minimap was actually a significant distance from where I was in the game when I heard him talk.

And in both cases, the Theater was so far away, it was barely even visible at all in the world! :p

Anyone else willing to input on this? :p

Thank you , BUT ...

BUT...

I am still not convinced that those utterings by Geralt have ANYTHING to do with this quest AT ALL !! :O

OK, it is confirmed now and here's how I know:

I happened upon the exact same utterings by Geralt on my way to the Abandoned Site DIRECTLY WEST of Chuchotte Cave.

No separate quest there, unless you count that it's technically an achievement towards the "Knight for Hire" tally for the Camerlengo.

STILL, Geralt would utter the "Something's not right here..." and "Damn it!" lines, as if something more is about to happen...
...when there really isn't.

It literally is just an ambient line .. similar to "Wind's howling!" or "Looks like rain !!"

There you go! :)

Post automatically merged:

And here's yet another such ... random flavour line which is uttered by Geralt exclusively in Toussaint and nowhere else:

Pretty damn hot !

Last edited:

FINAL POST, shedding even MORE clarity on the matter:

OK, it is confirmed now and here's how I know:

[...]

It literally is just an ambient line .. similar to "Wind's howling!" or "Looks like rain !!"

ALMOST... but NOT exactly...

There is ONE MORE such place in the game where Geralt utters a similar line, that is NOT in Toussaint !! :

Udalryk's old home (now haunted) on Spikeroog !! :)

That's it! :)

Top Bottom