Things you like about the Witcher 3?

+
Let's get a thread about what things you like in the Witcher 3? Why is this the crowning achievement in the RPG genre? What aspect are you looking forward to the most?

I'll start:
- Cinematic Story Telling
- Action RPG Combat that is Fluid and Responsive
- Atmosphere (Music, Ambience, Environment and level design, creatures etc)
- NPC design quality
- Boat Riding & Underwater Exploration

Given that the 35 min trailer was the one that sold me on this game, I am really looking forward to the cinematic story telling in this game. The camera angles, the voice acting, the background music, the lighting, the characters, all combine to make it a rich experience. The amazing atmosphere outdoors with the wind flowing, trees swaying, wild life movement, dynamic ambient music, all will make the exploration a lot of fun and immersive.

Pretty much everything you just listed man. I mean just show me one other Open-world-action-RPG that has
-Good combat.
-Good story and characters.
-Interesting and big world to explore.
-Interesting and varied side quests.
-Good graphics.

There are certainly other open world rpgs that come close but most fail in those areas.

Oh and this might sound extremely creepy and stalker-ish so I'm sorry for this, but next time so many people over there on GAF thinks the combat looks bad or too easy or simplistic just show them this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5pycqmx0ec its a compilation of all the combat from the four different versions of the 35 minute demo. I'll admit I had some doubts for the combat after the English version but the scenes from 5:37 to 8:03 and 11:05 to 13:52 got me so hyped for the combat.

I just love the way the way the world looks, especially based on the latest trailer we got. Everything seems so alive that i just want to get in there and walk around inspecting everything.
What i'm looking forward to is a good story, interesting characters, enjoyable combat and lots of exploring.
I'm pretty sure that we're getting all those already so, can't wait.

It's a wonderful world where CDPR allow me to live in for some hours. Magic. I can speak upper but not clearer.

Oh and this might sound extremely creepy and stalker-ish so I'm sorry for this, but next time so many people over there on GAF thinks the combat looks bad or too easy or simplistic just show them this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5pycqmx0ec its a compilation of all the combat from the four different versions of the 35 minute demo. I'll admit I had some doubts for the combat after the English version but the scenes from 5:37 to 8:03 and 11:05 to 13:52 got me so hyped for the combat.

Oh wow! Werewolf and Water Hag wrecked Geralt in some of those fights! Thanks for sharing, and I'll definitely link this vid next time combat comes up on GAF!

What do I like about The Witcher 3?. Hmm...

Well, hopefully quite a lot of things(along with what others have also mentioned, to say the least.

To pick one thing - I would have to pick: that it was made with love, and hard work, and not only with money. Unlike a lot of other big games these days, unfortunately.

Well.... the story, world setting, consequenses on decision i make, really sick shit that can happen, of course magic
I just want to dive deep into TW3 ... cant count what i like most (game only).

What i like most over all? Hm... lets see... might it be the fact that:

CDPR ALLOWS ME TO FUCKING OWN THE GAME I BUY!!!! No DRM, No fucking control service, no try
to tell me i should update, no try to read out my hardware, no try to region lock, no fucking accusation of being
a pirate "by standard", no try to limit my access to the game.

Thats what i like most on CDPR as company... stay like that guys and you ll have my money for sure.

PS: yes i fucking know we just buy the permission to play the game :p
Nevertheless i highly appreciate CDPR' s attitude in this... so i can have still the feeling i own the thing
i buy legally for my money. a fat THANK YOU to you RED's once more!

Is everything a valid answer? YES IT IS.

It is, but we'd love to hear you describe the things in your own words. Maybe start with small things, and don't feel like you have to list everything in one post. Or you could just pick just one thing from the game you like the most.

@Exentryk
That's a lot of work :p
So I'll just copy-paste my older post which dealt with a similar question - What Do You Look Forward To In The Witcher 3?

6 pages in, I don't know of anybody even cares to read at this point :p so I'll try and keep it short. Stress on TRY.

The first and foremost thing is Geralt and his lovely flowing hair, Rivian Ponytail style. I NEED TO SEE THAT. I'm not gonna say Story because that's a given, it's Witcher. All the rest are in no specific order, I'm typing them as they come to me.

Then there's ofcourse seeing the RED's visual mastery this is going to be the first Witcher title which is technically state of the art(not implying 'most advanced' but rather relatively current), doubly so for an RPG title and has the visual prowess of CDPR's artists which I find to be unparalleled. Witcher 2 had some oddities for a 2011 PC only(at the time) title in that regard but I'd rather not dwell on that, it was a visual marvel. I'm excited that this one is both a visual and a technical marvel.

The open-world, finally after 8 years the fantasy of being a wandering Witcher, always on the road can be achieved, enhanced by monster hunting quests and random events. You can now be a wandering problem solver outside of the main story, just like the legends about Geralt are.

The music of course and the sound design, I LOVE SOUND. Gameplay(both roleplaying or otherwise)obviously, nothing needs to be said here, it's the core pillar but it's hard to describe and I'm poor with expressions.

In the end I want one complete package where everything complements each other and so far that seems to be the case, there is nothing more exciting.

How can one say what does he loves about Witcher3?
What I love about Withcer:
That it is easy find one or two Cherry picking downsides, but really hard to tell what is good, without saying everything.

I like how everything is improved. CDPR could have easily stuck with the Red Engine 2, but decided on the road of an ambitious goal & created the Red Engine 3 with this game in mind. It shows their determination to make a better game than the last. I think that's what I like the most from the Witcher 3.

Tryng to avoid spoilers whether in interviews or video gameplay (mostly successful) and on forum tip toeing to avoid land mines... I say what I like the most is threads like these :D That give me some input/hype without spoiling.

For the game itself, I will like the story and sex scenes (which I guess are part of the story) the most.

Another month to go trying to avoid the worst of the spoilers but at same time get info about a game I know I'm going to love.

There are certain screenshots we've seen so far over which I would very much like to sit down with the developers, and simply discuss the sensitive, delicate nuances, and beautiful natural details therein. Here are some fine examples, a few of my personal favourites, if you will:

Last edited:
I haven't heard or seen anything that worries me about it, so I'd say I'm interested in all aspects of the game.

Top Bottom