User Interface Comparison

+

User Interface Comparison

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt CDPR will make any changes and I don't have my hopes up for a DLC to address this (I expect they're already being worked on), but I do like the creative responses in this thread so far. I suspect the modding scene is going to be a great one and those last few posts make me a little more excited for it.

Also, yeah, imo, a hybrid of the two.

From an aesthetic point of view, I honestly don't mind either. In a way I really don't care since my focus won't be on the inventory, but on the game world. Even when in the inventory I'll be focused on specific elements rather than the inventory as a whole.

For anyone with free time on their hands I suggest this thread:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/30248-TW3-UI-Aesthetics

Long winded discussions in there where people didn't like the look of the old inventory and requested changes - more simplified colors, simpler imagery. Which amuses me because now people don't like the look of the new one (which promotes solid colors and a more minimalistic look) and say they like the old one better.
As I mentioned time and time again, CDPR shouldn't aim to please everyone, they will never win.

Now comparing functionality between the two, they seem pretty much identical, so there's not much to say on that front. Being a M&KB player I can see that they tried to please that certain demographic by making the inventory more mouse friendly (especially when comparing it to W2's inventory), so I can't complain about that. But I'll be more eager to discuss functionality once I actually get to play for an extended period of time and get the feel for the inventory.

Last edited:
As I mentioned time and time again, CDPR shouldn't aim to please everyone, they will never win.

How very, very true. It is possible to please some people some of the time, but impossible to please all people all of the time. Thanks for the link. And, to clarify, this thread is not meant as a serious petition to the RED Team, but rather as an inquiry into aesthetic preferences -- a bit thick with irony.

From artistic point of view the red one looks better and more rich but the black one is easier on eyes and simpler to use. For example if I am managing my inventory for long time then the red one might start to feel disturbing but the black one I can use for whole day without any issues. Also black is a color that makes everything else look more clear so it's a smart choice but a little bit of red won't hurt so I also vote for hybrid though with higher percentage of black for simplicity.

Long winded discussions in there where people didn't like the look of the old inventory and requested changes - more simplified colors, simpler imagery. Which amuses me because now people don't like the look of the new one (which promotes solid colors and a more minimalistic look) and say they like the old one better.

Aye my lovely Panda, for me the black one and the red one are equal good. This why i can still say a TW1 icon / TW3 UI
hybrid would be awesome. With the already posted meditation timer as example. Though i cut it out from old footage
(35 min video) where the red ui was build. I believe the whole set i made was posted in the UI Aesthetics thread.

I prefer the black one. There are two things I think the old one did better.

1. Full tab menu. I prefer the Inventory/Alchemy/Map/Meditation/whatever design over the abbreviated "Alchemy...Map".

2. The realtime window during meditation. The new one with a static image of Geralt is kinda lame.

Honestly...I do not care. If there is something I will visually adore it won´t be inventory and if there is something I want from inventory it is that I want it to be practical.

Aye my lovely Panda

He's a bear mate...

I'm really disappointed with TW3's UI. I thought they'd have listened to criticisms about TW2's consolization. It makes me worry they'll throw the PC demographic under the bus like Bioware.

I prefer the red one by far, it looks more "atmospheric" and overall looks far more pleasant to me especially if i am going to spend alot of time staring at it.
Although the black one looks far less cluttered and more practical.

Would have been nice if you could choose between them but ultimately it does not bother me, just as long the mouse works like it should im happy ^^
Far to many fucking games have that sluggish mouse control -.-

Last edited:
He's a bear mate...

Hah... you ain' t have no fucking clue *smirk* or
you re telling me Pandas aren' t bears? I hope not O.O

OT:

I just want to see the UI and THE GAME live!! :D

The new UI is much more cleaner but so generic

Yes exactly the TW1 icons had far more "charm" i would say. But i believe those arguments are
already known by our lovely REDs. So i have hope 1 of the DLC might give us a alternative
skin for the UI screens

Last edited:
Red-brown had animated background(something like slow animation) but it was boring to me.
Black all the way, good job CDPR!

The new meditation menu is abysmal. BTW, what happened to the time-lapse effect when meditating that was announced months ago? Was it scrapped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom