A picture of you and your gaming rig too

+

Lol... Sorry

i5-4690K 3.5Ghz
Asus Z97a USB.3.1
Asus GeForce Strix GTX-970
Kingston fury blue 1600MHz 8x2
Keep an eye on your CPU temps since your using Intel's stock cooler with the 4690K. They're..well.. shit. And loud.

Personally I would opt for an inexpensive aftermarket cooler. Like the Hyper 212 EVO. Then you could also overclock it without worrying about temps. It's that much better.

Thanks for the advice, Inever overclocked any of my CPU's :( I don't know how to do it :p .

But I take note. Must to buy a mouse so I'll look for the cooler too.

Lol... Sorry

i5-4690K 3.5Ghz
Asus Z97a USB.3.1

Sister!
I've got basically the same specs!

i5-4690k
MSI Gaming 5 Z97
MSI 970 4G
Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 8GB (that one needs a bit of an upgrade)

Thanks for the advice, Inever overclocked any of my CPU's I don't know how to do it .

Nowadays is a piece of cake. You can even do that in programme, if you want.

What's your TV? Looks impressive. :)
It's a Vizio 70 inch (177 cm) Not bad for the price, wish I could have saved more to get the Sharp in the same size but this TV was on sale 2 years ago in one of those after ThanksGiving sales for $700.00 USD off the original price so I could not turn it away. Helps a lot with reading subtitles in foreign movies though even with this sometimes I have a hard time. I did find out it was easier to see and read it with my driving glasses on though so that was a nice surprise. :D

---------- Updated at 10:47 PM ----------

My Baby's home!

Well it doesn't look amazing, but you know? it's mine and I've worked hard for months for get it :p
As long as it works for you that is all that counts.

Thanks for the advice, Inever overclocked any of my CPU's :( I don't know how to do it :p .

But I take note. Must to buy a mouse so I'll look for the cooler too.
That Evo 212 he suggested is a nice little unit, if you go back a page you can see a picture of my computer and the 212 that is in it. I added a second fan for a push/pull effect and it has done a great job.Oh what the heck here it is with one fan and 2 fans. I had to swap out the PSU for my video card as I was told the 650W would not run my XFX R9-290X The 1100W will come out of there for my new build next month though and the 650 will go back in which is OK because I am giving the old one to a friend that has been through a lot with cancer and he does not need a major GPU as he is not into many games.

Attachments

• IC2SrjS.jpg
    IC2SrjS.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 29545aebc7_l.jpg
    29545aebc7_l.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

luc0s

Forum veteran
I recently updated my rig and myself too!

I should post some pictures soon. Those who remember what I look like might see some serious changes! :D

Lol... Sorry

i5-4690K 3.5Ghz
Asus Z97a USB.3.1

OK, saturday, shops closed. Connect my new rig, every thing seem go right except the monitor signal.

Asus -VGA vw1935 it's working fine while i'm writing right now in my old PC..... I've tried option of switch on/off, plug on/off but no reaction at my monitor. Any idea?

Do not overclock your CPU with some kind of program or anything like it

CPU overclocking should always be properly done through the bios.

Fortunately most good gaming hardware companies these days have a very easy BIOS display (MSI for example) and things are way easier to overclock that way.
Also, I think I agree on your statement, BUT, if the overclocking program is from the company your MB/CPU/GPU is from, like for example if you want to overclock an MSI Mainboard and an MSI graphic card and MSI did deliver a software for it, I do think there is no problem.

I might be posting some pics of my new rig soon.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 MB
Intel Core i5 4690k 3,5 Ghz
MSI Nvidia Geforce GTX970 Gaming (TwinFrozor)
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 RAM
WD Blue 1 TB HDD
Enermax Triathlor Eco 80+ 650W PSU
Thermaltake Chaster MK-1 Big Tower Case

Just have to add 2 additional Fans (I really want cool temperatures in there, even in high summer) and maybe 1 additional WD Black Hard Drive (1TB) because it might improve the performance of my recording. (want to record videos in Fraps or Nvidia Shadowplay with 1080p 60fps (on at least "high" settings in most games) if possible.

PS: Let me know if you think the additional hard drive and recording on it instead of recording and playing on the same hard drive might help with performance and if it is worth paying another ~80 bucks for it.

Fortunately most good gaming hardware companies these days have a very easy BIOS display (MSI for example) and things are way easier to overclock that way.
And plenty of overclocking tutorials in the internets, unlike in the old days..
Also, I think I agree on your statement, BUT, if the overclocking program is from the company your MB/CPU/GPU is from, like for example if you want to overclock an MSI Mainboard and an MSI graphic card and MSI did deliver a software for it, I do think there is no problem.
The only time you should overclock a CPU is through BIOS either manually (the preferred option for the most efficient results) or with a preset BIOS " easy overclock" profiles that many motherboard come with these days.

Last edited:

I might be posting some pics of my new rig soon.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 MB
Intel Core i5 4690k 3,5 Ghz
MSI Nvidia Geforce GTX970 Gaming (TwinFrozor)
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 RAM
WD Blue 1 TB HDD
Enermax Triathlor Eco 80+ 650W PSU
Thermaltake Chaster MK-1 Big Tower Case

Just have to add 2 additional Fans (I really want cool temperatures in there, even in high summer) and maybe 1 additional WD Black Hard Drive (1TB) because it might improve the performance of my recording. (want to record videos in Fraps or Nvidia Shadowplay with 1080p 60fps (on at least "high" settings in most games) if possible.

PS: Let me know if you think the additional hard drive and recording on it instead of recording and playing on the same hard drive might help with performance and if it is worth paying another ~80 bucks for it.

Yeah but overclocking a Graphic Card is not the same as a CPU, "Easy Overclocking" features both in Bios and Programs should be avoided, Manually Overclocking CPU through bios is very easy nowadays and there are loads of tutorials aswell so there is no reason not to.

Considering how different each CPU is there is no way for any "Premade" things to properly calculate what settings your CPU need to be stable, and unstable CPU's fuck all manner of things up.
Most commonly they tend to go mental with the voltage -.-
It goes without saying that you should Stress test the CPU in Prime95 for about 48 hours to see if it's stable.

I knew of a guy who recording to another HDD helped, i cant remember if it improved for me also but i have a vague memory it did, if only slightly.

Nice rig by the way View attachment 13766

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    1.4 KB · Views: 58
OK, saturday, shops closed. Connect my new rig, every thing seem go right except the monitor signal.

Asus -VGA vw1935 it's working fine while i'm writing right now in my old PC..... I've tried option of switch on/off, plug on/off but no reaction at my monitor. Any idea?

So only a possible overclocking is the only possibility? :(

Top Bottom