Make Malorian Arms 3516 great again!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can see on the net, reddit and other forums that the massive nerf of Johnny's handgun is the most unpopular patch ever made on this game and for good reasons.
FIrst, noone asked for it, it is a single player game, if someone thought this gun makes the game too easy, he can just not use it.
Two, it had a super fun and nice feeling, very rockstar shit that we could not feel in any other games ever. And you killed it.
Third, it really makes us think you don't care about what your customers want and just chose to impose some ... will on just everyone else.

If I'd knew you'd done it to my favorite gun in all games, I wouldn't have purchased the DLC.

Now stop this ... on the Malorian, ... it and make this gun great again.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gameplay
  • Rebalanced the stats of some weapons based on player feedback.
  • The Malorian Arms 3516 received a buff. Recoil is easier to handle, even at low stamina, and damage was increased.
They buffed it in 2.02 but it's still lost the ability to penetrate cover, and the quick melee still uses up an entire clip. Lots of people still using it from the looks of things so it must be serviceable, and there are mods to restore it's previous functionality on PC.

I don't like that they changed it either, but ya know how it is.

They nerved pretty much every iconic… not just Johnnys gun. I miss the old Skippy and the old Lizzys but won’t claim it as the most unpopular decision they made nor it’s killing the whole game pew…

They nerved pretty much every iconic… not just Johnnys gun. I miss the old Skippy and the old Lizzys but won’t claim it as the most unpopular decision they made nor it’s killing the whole game pew…
What would be more unpopular in this game than those nerfs and that particular one?

But I can compare it to the weird cyberware shard system, the annoying radioport, the gang atks, the flat dating feature, the underwhelming metro system, the new „events“ like the BFC9K which is unobtainable from the get go because of storyprogression, the way to high trauma team highscore, the level scaling and skill checks etc pp - everything is way more annoying and questionable than changing one single weapon.

i feel sorry if u miss the old gun - but there are way more „design choices“ which make the game less enjoyable than an iconic out of hundreds.

All those things I didn't even noticed them.
It's like they took off Johnny's balls and turned him just into a nevrotic harmless clown.
Taking off something so many liked so much for such ...
Yes I like this game way less now.

thats just subjective talking - who’s „so many“? anyways let’s stop debating it’s pointless after all ^^

Well the idea that the game is ruined because one single gun got nerfed is a bit over the top, but I also think they should just restore it back to its original state. At the very least for Johnny's flashback scenes. I remember distinctly playing his scenes for he first time thinking it was hilarious that Johnny had this incredible weapon that could blow people away through wall like a terminator and was very fitting for Johnny's over inflated ego and sense of importance that he views himself as this unstoppable machine blowing Arasaka elites away rather than just being a nutty washed out rockerboy. Now it just feels like regular gameplay with a regular unimpressive weapon. In fact if they kept it only for those scenes and the real gun was less powerful it would hammer home even further the fact that Johnny's memories, to quote Alt, 'bare no resemblance to the truth'

So if not, I don't see the point of trying to bury this ...

Just go with it and express your anger toward this unnecessary nerf.

In fact if they kept it only for those scenes and the real gun was less powerful it would hammer home even further the fact that Johnny's memories, to quote Alt, 'bare no resemblance to the truth'
Well this would be an interesting take on the topic - a twist I would love :)
Post automatically merged:

So if not, I don't see the point of trying to bury this ...

Just go with it and express your anger toward this unnecessary nerf.
The point is that the game has way more major flaws than one single gun nerf ^^

Looks like arguing for the sake of arguing.
There is no point pointing other shits when someone is trying to get one fixed. It's the best way to never fix anything.

Now just let your anger get to you and get this shit fixed!

Attachments

• 61S-MVQKvZL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
    61S-MVQKvZL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 19
I'm on the side of it being a small issue compared to others, especially because it's so easily fixable with mods. On the other hand I can't see why they bothered to nerf it in the first place unless it was causing a bug. It did seem like a targeted disregard for fans of the weapon and anti-fun in spirit to me, but the whole progression system feels that way to me now and it's just my personal biases talking.

As it stands, even before they buffed it back up some, it did have some interesting potential with the microgenerator that could make it quite useable. If you are unfamiliar a fully upgraded microgenerator makes any weapon that reloads quicky and often quite deadly. Might work with the quick melee too I dunno yet. Stack reload speed on your cyberware and Jimmy Tinhand's gun go brrrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom