Difference from retail to direct from GOG.com

+
Difference from retail to direct from GOG.com

Just a quick question, what is the profit difference between a retail purchase and a digital purchase from GOG.com?

I am fully aware a purchase from CDPR's own website will net them 100% of the profits, but just out of curiosity, what is the difference purchasing the standard game from retail? Just how much are they getting from the $60 American for the basic copy of the game?

(I am getting the PC Collector's from my local games store)

They get around 20% of the retail price from what I've red so far. Compare it to around 70% they get from Steam, and 100% from GOG.

They get around 20% of the retail price from what I've red so far. Compare it to around 70% they get from Steam, and 100% from GOG.

Damn. I thought it would be higher. MUCH higher. Makes me feel bad for wanting the physical items and disc.

Well... at least i can be happy they are getting 100% of the expansion pass i purchased.

It still can be a good deal for them, since probably those who buy retail versions wouldn't buy digital for some reason, so it's not subtracting but adding to their total.

A follow up question then:

I got the game free when i bought my gtx970. How much of the 348 euros that the card costed me is going to CDPR?

I got the game free when i bought my gtx970. How much of the 348 euros that the card costed me is going to CDPR?

Very good question that one. I would love to know as well.

If i had the funds (and another gamer interested), i would purchase a second copy of the game JUST BECAUSE. But with the Collector's Edition of the game PLUS the Collector's Edition of the game guide... i am struggling to find the cash to purchase the art book and the ''World of the Witcher'' book on top. I will have to purchase those AFTER release date as i simply dont have the funds for that.

I would just want CDPR to get as much as possible of the funds from my purchase.

That one's unlikely to be public knowledge. Typically, this type of arrangement is intended to be a "win" for both parties (otherwise there's no point to it), so CDPR will be getting something, but probably less than a normal sale.

Top Bottom