Installation keeps failing

+
Installation keeps failing

hello so i install the game and at the same point every time the game says error code -10 file reading error i have no idea how to fix this please can someone help

I have the same issue - I contacted the tech support, they havent replied yet. Just for more info - in my case it shows up during first disc instalation while textures.cache file is being installed

ok well mine gets stuck at movies bundles on the installation if you get yours working could you let me know thanks :)

Attachments

• witcher inst 2.jpg
    witcher inst 2.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
yeah its so weird mine reaches halfway on the installation and i have also exited everything whilst installing so there is nothing running except the install

this happened to me on disc 2. i exited, looked at the disc and there was a bit of a smudge, fingerprint or something. i very gently wiped it and tried again and everything worked fine. maybe give that a go?

if not, are you able to copy the files from the disc to your hard drive and try that?

thx mate I will give it a go

---------- Updated at 12:50 PM ----------

Okay so nothing worked therefore I registrated my code on gog.com and am downloading the game through galaxy - screw those damned discs

i forgot to say mine was digital and vasrolaj did the tech support ticket you sent get a response?

---------- Updated at 03:48 PM ----------

ok i think i figured out the problem for me i was trying to copy the files to a external hard drive and bin file 4 didnt copy so im guessing maybe it is corrupt so im downloading again

I have the same problem. During installation i receive an error that roughly mentios not having enough free space ( i have 430 gigs free) and suggests shutting down all irrelevant programs. Well i have tried pretty much everything i could think of and i still get the error. Error happens everytime during disc one setup on textures 0 (or something like that ... i am not on my pc now). I started downloading the game via gog galaxy, but with my 0.2 mb per second speed it is gonna take two days. :-D i am kind of desperate here

well i have finally got further on the installation after re downloading the files so they must have been corrupt unfortunately that might mean you need to re-download the game files

Thanks vkcurts. I had issues with disc game, i just hope i will not have to download again after i download it now. Damn i am sad :D i can already see, that i will have different problems with game...

:cheers:

Copied files from the disks to an external hdd and reinstalled. The installation was getting stuck at buffers.bundle earlier... i went into the folder and renamed that particular file and restarted the installation. It seemed to fix whatever was wrong. Downloading the patch now.

Yatindra,

Try the solution in this thread, it may solve your problem.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/37366-Installation-failed-with-code-10-File-reading-error

Hope that helps.

Top Bottom