Cannot finish this quest: Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear

+
Cannot finish this quest: Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear

For this mission i need to go to the church near the Mill fast travel point in White Orchard, but when i go down the stairs in the church and i see the door, there's no way to open the door. Normally there would be a A prompt to open the door, but it's not there. When i use Witcher sense, it shows a small icon of a door opening, but that's it. It's clearly bugged. I need to go in here and find Kolgrim's remains in the crypt.

Is there any way to fix this? i tried loading an older savefile, and traveling to that church right away, but i cannot open the door and it's not meant for Aard.

The aard sign is your friend. It will open many things in the prologue area. I am 95% sure I opened that crypt with the Aard sign.

Actually this is a pretty common bug and Aard wont work. It has already been noted by the devs and will be fixed next patch I believe

That sucks I guess I was lucky and able to complete the quest no worries.

You know what the weird thing is? Yesterday after i defeated the Griffon, i went to that church and killed that Wraith. If i recall correctly, i was able to simply open that door. But now even when i load up my one and only savefile BEFORE the Griffon fight, i can't open the door neither here. Now that is really really weird. The door should simply be accessible, right? Without any other requirements? Cause if i know that i can open it after the Griffon fight...i may be crazy enough to actually do that and well...finish all the stuff again that i finished today, which really are only a few side quests.

It could be worse.

After collecting the items in there, I saved game. Then went about my business playing as normal, till I died. Loaded to last save, which was in the crypt, and was locked INSIDE. With no option to open the door.

Not a happy moment

It could be worse.

After collecting the items in there, I saved game. Then went about my business playing as normal, till I died. Loaded to last save, which was in the crypt, and was locked INSIDE. With no option to open the door.

Not a happy moment

Oh damn, now that sucks indeed.

I totally forgot about something. You only get access to the place when fighting that Wraith. All fine and dandy, but i was stupid enough to actually close the door when i left the place. So i guess that bit is on me. But in the Youtube comments for this quest i saw similar comments, people having the exact same issue. It's truly only for a diagram of a Silver sword, cause i have the diagram for the Steel sword. I''m probably not gonna reload my pre-Griffon save then, that's too extreme. Especially when CDPR is going to fix it.

Oh damn, now that sucks indeed.

I totally forgot about something. You only get access to the place when fighting that Wraith. All fine and dandy, but i was stupid enough to actually close the door when i left the place. So i guess that bit is on me. But in the Youtube comments for this quest i saw similar comments, people having the exact same issue. It's truly only for a diagram of a Silver sword, cause i have the diagram for the Steel sword. I''m probably not gonna reload my pre-Griffon save then, that's too extreme. Especially when CDPR is going to fix it.

Indeed it did, thankfully I had a second save file that wasn't too far back, other wise I was stuck .

Hmm, I was planning to visit the graveyard after work, I just made the steel sword this morning. I don't think I likely have the components for the Silver Sword yet anyway.

Is the Wraith harder than the ones that guard places of power?

I'm at a point where I only have one part left. The quest icon stays on whatever fast travel post I'm standing at. Click L3 and the icon stays there

Anyone know if the issue with the door being locked as been resolved? I have the same issue, the Wraith is dead, but the door is locked.

Top Bottom