(SPOILER) Romance with Yennefer/Triss and others.

+
(SPOILER) Romance with Yennefer/Triss and others.

Hi, ive read somewhere that Yennefer and Triss will dump you if you romance both of them which is understandable but since something like this did not happen in the other Witcher games i have a question.

When you meet Keira, and the other female's in the game and sleep with them except for Yennefer/Triss, does that change anything in romance you would have with Yennefer/Triss?

For example, i couldn't help myself and slept with Keira when i had the chance, might sleep with Jetta and Sasha aswell, but can you still be in a romance with Yennefer or will she reject you?

I have no clue if I botched the romance or not. Slept with both of them but apparently Triss wants me to move in with her when she moves to... kovigrad korvi korvos something cant remember the name of the place. This despite Yen teleporting me to the middle of a cold lake in anger and Triss not being in the stronghold before the battle.

Not sure if something bugged out or not.

I have no clue if I botched the romance or not. Slept with both of them but apparently Triss wants me to move in with her when she moves to... kovigrad korvi korvos something cant remember the name of the place. This despite Yen teleporting me to the middle of a cold lake in anger and Triss not being in the stronghold before the battle.

Not sure if something bugged out or not.

Sex on the unicorn doesn't count - you need to finish The Last WIsh quest in order to be with Yennefer.

Thanks for the reply, you said The Last Wish quest locks you in with Yennefer, can you tell me what exactly locks you in with Triss?

Spilling your guts and telling Triss you love her ETC.

Or when you ask her to stay and try over ( leaving an open door, what does that even mean? ) results in Triss staying, but you can still romance Yennefer without consequences?

These things are kinda confusing in W3.

Sex on the unicorn doesn't count - you need to finish The Last WIsh quest in order to be with Yennefer.

Oh man, that's going to piss off a lot of people when they get to that point. You locked people into Triss waaay too early, completely ruining any endings with Yennefer without the user even knowing.

Ultimately, the way the game is designed most people would not let Triss just leave. Yennefer has BARELY made an appearance by the time that choice is given to you. The game does give you proper time to decide who to be with. You either choose the "mystery girl" by letting Triss go forever, or Triss who's been there for you/with you for ages. It's very biased unless you read the books. Nor does the game make it aware that this completely screws over any happy ending with Yennefer if you end up liking her more. At the bare minimium we should be able to end with Yennefer by doing her secondary quest and chosing her at the end, even if we romanced Triss. But no, if you do that, they both end up hating you with no exceptions. We have to choose Triss, and miss out/fail a big side quest or get the "bad ending" of losing them both? Seems terribly designed, we should be able to fully romance both and get to know Yennefer more before choosing between one of them or both (the bad/alone ending).

Last edited:
According to IGN's guide, by saying "Let's try again" or something like that instead of "I love you" would keep Triss but still leave the window open. Is this correct? I just want to also know Yennefer before I make the decision.

According to IGN's guide, by saying "Let's try again" or something like that instead of "I love you" would keep Triss but still leave the window open. Is this correct? I just want to also know Yennefer before I make the decision.

You still get the "alone" ending.

If you had Triss stay your only options are:
1) Do Yennefer's side quest "The Last Wish" - Get the alone ending.
2) Don't do the quest/refuse to accept it - Get the Triss ending.

If she stays, you are screwed out of the Yennefer ending (and 2nd romance). There's not even a 2nd Triss romance in the game, which seems weird. The much better design would of been to let the player get to know both girls, each having a romance scene at the end of their stories, then finally letting the player choose between them, unlocking another romance scene for the girl they choose. Really bad choice on CDPRs part.

There's so many different outcomes, if you want whats best for YOU, you'll have to spoil yourself and read this:
http://www.gosunoob.com/witcher-3/all-endings/

Last edited:
Someone on GameFAQs forums said they did that and still got the "alone" ending.

Until CDPR confirms otherwise... If you had Triss stay your only options are:
2) Don't do the quest/refuse to accept it - Get the Triss ending.

If she stays, you are screwed out of the Yennefer ending (and 2nd romance). There's not even a 2nd Triss romance in the game, which seems weird. The much better design would of been to let the player get to know both girls, each having a romance scene at the end of their stories, then finally letting the player choose between them, unlocking another romance scene for the girl they choose. Really bad choice on CDPRs part.

To my knowledge, these are just secondary endings that have little impact on which one of the 3 "main" endings you have. Who knows if they'll carry over to the expansions, having both girls hate you for the expansions would be awful.

There are also ~6 choices made throughout the game that result in 3 different main endings on top of all this, and the choices aren't made clear to the player until it's too late.

Big spoilers but sadly need to know info if you want the best ending:
Ciri lives and stays with Geralt, Ciri lives and becomes Queen, or Ciri dies. There are 4 dialog options throughout the game that will result in her dying at the end of the game, and you won't know until the very end of the game if you choose one.

Ciri doesn’t survive if you:
A) Take the coin from Emhyr;
B) Put the Lara Dorren necklace on Ciri;
C) Do not play a snow-fight with Ciri; and
D) Go with Ciri to the Lodge of Sorceresses.

Not fun, makes people spoil themselves to ensure they don't choose the wrong options. Punishing the player with bad ending for not knowing the unknown is a bad design.

I think the worst part is they don't even give us a chance to let know Yennefer before making the decision of keeping/dumping Triss. The fact that Triss was Geralt's lover in TW2 and she was willing to sacrifice herself to save Dandelion and indirectly to help Geralt find Ciri makes me feel hard to dump her at the dock.

Oh man, that's going to piss off a lot of people when they get to that point. You locked people into Triss waaay too early, completely ruining any endings with Yennefer without the user even knowing.

Ultimately, the way the game is designed most people would not let Triss just leave. Yennefer has BARELY made an appearance by the time that choice is given to you. The game does give you proper time to decide who to be with. You either choose the "mystery girl" by letting Triss go forever, or Triss who's been there for you/with you for ages. It's very biased unless you read the books. Nor does the game make it aware that this completely screws over any happy ending with Yennefer if you end up liking her more. At the bare minimium we should be able to end with Yennefer by doing her secondary quest and chosing her at the end, even if we romanced Triss. But no, if you do that, they both end up hating you with no exceptions. We have to choose Triss, and miss out/fail a big side quest or get the "bad ending" of losing them both? Seems terribly designed, we should be able to fully romance both and get to know Yennefer more before choosing between one of them or both (the bad/alone ending).

Spoilers
Yep it's popping up more every day when people finish how they screwed the story and the romance in the end. There are long threads about it, I recommend once you finish the game once to read them.

Spoilers
Yep it's popping up more every day when people finish how they screwed the story and the romance in the end. There are long threads about it, I recommend once you finish the game once to read them.

I don't want to romance both. I just want to keep the door open until I get to know more about Yennefer.

I don't want to romance both. I just want to keep the door open until I get to know more about Yennefer.

That's the logical thing to do, but sadly not possible. I suspect a mod will fix this after the kit comes out because CDPR made an amazing game but really bombed in the romance/ending department. Way too many outcomes that are controlled with indirect decisions, leaving the user blind to what ending they are getting into.

I get choices and consequences, but it's a game and the user should be more aware of the consequences. At the bare minimium, aware immediately after their choice so they can reload the game if they don't like the outcome.

Ending Spoilers...
Playing a 150 hour game just to have Ciri die because you choose to drink with her instead of play snowball with her is laughable, and it's not even the only case. They give you 4 chances to indirectly cause her death, and you'd have no idea at the time the consequences are that severe.

I'm pretty sure the expansions give us another zone, but there's nothing saying if they are standalone stories. People who didn't like their ending probably won't even enjoy the expansions as much... if certain characters are dead, and both the main girls hate him, it takes a lot out of the game.

Last edited:

Mekc

Forum regular
If you had Triss stay your only options are:

This is incorrect. You can do the "The Last Wish" quest with Yennifer and end the relationship with her after the battle with Jinn. In that case Triss Romance is ok and Yennifer is not too furious (just for a little while).

But the fact that you don't have the option to confess to Yennifer about what happened with you and Triss in Novigrad, and the fact that after asking Triss to stay you cannot change anything - it's so sad! You can't say "it was a mistake, sorry", or tell some other truth (like "I love you both, but I want to be with Yennifer" and so on).

So making Triss stay locks all romance for the whole game. Which is quite strange, because Novigrad quests with Triss is like first 20-30% of the game.

Last edited:
This is incorrect. You can do the "The Last Wish" quest with Yennifer and end the relationship with her after the battle with Jinn.

But the fact that you don't have the option to confess to Yennifer about what happened with you and Triss in Novigrad, and the fact that after asking Triss to stay you cannot change anything - it's so sad! You can't say "it was a mistake, sorry", or tell some other truth (like "I love you both, but I want to be with Yennifer" and so on).

That makes the situation a little better but I agree.

Can anyone confirm?

So as for my original question, if anyone is still wondering.

You can sleep with Keira,Jetta,Sasha, any of the brothel's. But you have to make a clear decision between Triss and Yennefer.
I kissed Triss at the fountain, later i asked her to stay but then said go, i'll miss you.

And started a romance with Yennefer, eventually she warms up and i loved her character.

a small addition here, since I read it all the time: I Was with Ciri at the Lodge ant still got the Ciri = Witcher ending. It depends how you answer/ act there, and of course your other choices (for example I never went to Wyzima in the first place, so I didn't get the chance to accept or deny the emperors money.

Top Bottom