Family matters

+
Family matters

"Family matters" Stuck after Baron in the garden (even w/ prima guide) where do i go?

?The quest tells me to tie up loose ends...no quest marker, no idea what to do...?

i also did the whole horse ride with ciri bit, and killed the monster at the end.
--
the guide says that ann is "gran" b/c of the markings on her hands... where am i supposed to wrap things up with all this? what am i supposed to do?

prima guide pg:78 ?

So i did the ciri quest, even went to oxenfurt and talked to the baron's daughter w/ the doll, came back to crow's perch, and this was when the solider told me to see the gloomy baron in the garden. I finished up the conversation, but don't remember what exactly the baron wanted me to do...the guide says to find his wife...and the quest says to "tie up loose ends" so i'm assumeing i wander the bogs south of crow's perch...(one can go down the well here in the garden, it looks like a swimming puzzle, is there treasure here?)
--
I also did the sidequest w/ the fisherman in his hut, w/ the uh...three headed snake triangle (that looks like the logo for the razor PC gamer headphones logo) insence burning-ish mark on the fisherman's table...
--
The guide says that "Gran" is Ann, the baron's wife, and once i find Gran, she has this logo on her hand. (however this info is parsed over 3 pages of the guide, and doesn't tell you what to do from where i'm at, on pg. 78 it just goes on to the ugly baby) Do i need to go back to the fisherman's hut now? or wander the bogs? what in the bogs am i looking for? (i'm supposing i'll go init. the "Ladies of the Woods" quest as i'm only lvl 4.)

Last edited:
This is kind of "exterior" objective, that is why there is no mappin (quest marker). You have to finish other quests (other "traces" mentioned in Hendrick's journal).

[HELP PLEASE] I am stuck on Family Matters Quest. Tells me to talk to the Baron, and when I do all he says is 'Uh-huh'

http://i.imgur.com/LUE2OdT.jpg Here is the image of me trying to talk to the Baron.
http://i.imgur.com/8DJheEU.jpg Here is the image of the quests I am on.

I have done so many side quests and cleared so many question marks I really don't want to restart.
Also someone else on Reddit said they were stuck at this same spot.

I had a similar problem during this quest. Ended up I needed to find a talismen under a nearby floor board. Not sure if this is your problem as well. Hopefully it is. Hint: Check the stairs. Hope this helps and I'm not confusing which part of the quest your currently at.

I looked around, didn't see anything.

This is right after following the scent down to the cellar from the wife's room after inspecting the puddle of wine from the broken bottle.

OK well the floor board your looking for is right on the first landing if your approaching from the top of the stairs and coming down. It's hard to see the red because the scent gets in the way. Trust me I know from experience. I spent 45 min on this part thinking I must of missed something in the bedroom or altar. Not the case. If you don't have the talisman in your inventory this is definitely while you having a problem with the baron. Let me know if you get results

After writing my last reply I realized it would probably be better to present a guide. This one is the best and provides a picture of the floor board.

http://guides.gamepressure.com/thewitcher3/guide.asp?ID=30697

If the talisman isn't the problem I'd follow this to the letter to see if you miss ed anything before starting over etc.

Hopefully this all works. I'm posting from my phone lol. Anyways good luck.

That guide is perfect and it looks like i'm bugged out on this part
"Now go back and meet with baron. Talk to him about the doll in the bedroom, fight tracks found in the room with the candlestick and about the talisman you found. You will receive 150 experience points and Strenger will send you to meet with a Pellar." Talking to him doesn't do anything. I appreciate the responses though.

Well sorry I couldn't help. I really thought you had the same problem as me seeing as it presents itself exactly the same. Sadly i've run across numerous quests bugs myself. Only once or twice having to restart. Losing progress sucks but hopefully it's a one time thing. Anyways good luck.

Turn on "show Witcher Sense in the minimap" in the options and make sure you've not missed anything; I found that in 99% of cases when I couldn't proceed in a quest it's because I'd missed one small item somewhere I had to Examine...

Stuck on Family Matters Quest!

I have just visited the Bloody Barons Daughter and once I had done that the objective changed from find the Barons Daughter to Investigate all Remaining leads in Velen and find the Barons Wife, however, at this point I am stuck and have no idea where to look or what to do, any help would be appreciated, thanks!

You need to complete Lady Of the Woods main quest to finish this one. If you read the journal entry for family matters it says this at the bottom (vaguely).

Top Bottom