Endings Guide (Work in Progress, Spoilers)

+
Nah, Yenn looks too young for Milfgard and...well, "mother" part don't fit her too, for obvious reason. Btw, is it me or Tris looks like 20 or something? I think sorceress would chose more mature look, like Yenn or Keira.
So back to the endings - who do you think could be next protagonist in "Witcher 4"? Well, Ciri is obvious choice, but who else? Wolf school don't "make" new witchers if I remember correctly, so maybe someone from others school?

Ciri would just be perfect. Since we'd finally have the possibility of truly branching into actual sorcery. Because she has the potential for that, and I love my mages in my RPGs. :p

My biggest concern with Empress Ciri is that it leaves Phillipa free to manipulate her along with the Lodge as implied in the final quest with Phillipa since Yen leaves the Nilfgaardian courts.

I guess she can take care of herself but hopefully Emhyr teacher her a trick or two in dealing with Phillipa.

Thankfully, I've got the ending C for Ciri, anything else would tear me up inside.

I gotta say this though; I get the feeling that in ending A, she doesn't actually die; just doesn't return to Geralt (such a deadbeat dad), probably goes dimension hopping like she did at the end of the books.

Edit: Also, I should mention this as well: If you chose to save Triss at Witcher 2, Radovid brings up the fact he renewed the Covenant of Mages (or whatever it was called), but all the mages that came to him are mediocrities. So while the consequence of that decision isn't portrayed to satisfaction, it's not entirely nullified either.

Last edited:
Living with yennefer? Do we see a cinematic about it in the end or not?

---------- Updated at 06:15 AM ----------

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/39828-Why-there-isn-t-any-after-end-after-war-content-(Spoilers)?p=1693838#post1693838

Aid us good people!

I got a perfect ending. Geralt didn't romance those damn sorceresses so he was free of them. We faked Ciris death and now shes a witcher and Radovid destroyed Milfgard. While Radovid ruling isnt what I would like it makes for a more interesting world. Who wants a happy camper peaceful world with no pain and suffering?

Geralts all alone but he'll manage. Would have been nice to shack up with Jutta or whatever on Skellige.

Well if you think a genocide or two is necessary to be satisfied with an ending that's your choice. *Backs away slowly...*

---------- Updated at 11:33 PM ----------

Living with yennefer? Do we see a cinematic about it in the end or not?

---------- Updated at 06:15 AM ----------

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-war-content-(Spoilers)?p=1693838#post1693838

Aid us good people!

It's shown in a short painted scene that Dandelion narrates just before the credits. Geralt's soaking in a hot tub and Yennefer's holding a magic artifact. There's no in-game option to be in that place however, if that's what you want.

---------- Updated at 11:35 PM ----------

My biggest concern with Empress Ciri is that it leaves Phillipa free to manipulate her along with the Lodge as implied in the final quest with Phillipa since Yen leaves the Nilfgaardian courts.

I guess she can take care of herself but hopefully Emhyr teacher her a trick or two in dealing with Phillipa.

Considering that the entire plot of Assassins of Kings revolved around Emhyr absolutely wrecking the Lodge's plans with people like Cynthia and Letho I'm pretty confident that Ciri will be fine. Dandelion did say that she inherited her father's political instincts at the end.

---------- Updated at 11:38 PM ----------

Hi, Can you upload your save data in which civi lives and geralt - yennefer is living together. Please?

Sorry I don't have such save data, and, well, even if I did I still wouldn't since that ruins the magic of playing through it yourself :p. Don't worry though, I'm sure in a month or even sooner a thread will be created for people to share their save data just like in the Witcher 2 forum so you can get what you want.

Last edited:
There should be an in-game content about it. If it were, Me and my friends in the topic wouldn't feel so empty afterall.

I went for:

Ciri lives and becomes a Witcher
Nilfgaard wins the war, with temeria becoming a vassal state
Triss romance

I cant help but feel that it is a very weak twist to make radovid mad, i would have loved to back a normal Radovid with the remnants of the temerian army (natalis, roche) and Anais as heir. instead we're left with either:

Dijkstra - most likely the most neutral leader that has no issues with mages and non-humans whatshowever, though he is as powerhungry as they come most likely dragging the north into a war that will last for decades trying to finish of Nilfgaard.

Nilfgaard ruling is better than radovid but still has issues with magic users, while temeria got a good deal by becoming a vassal, the rest of the north wont, and in the end nilfgaard stil 'owns' temeria, at any stage they can change their status as vassal state.

I went for:

Ciri lives and becomes a Witcher
Nilfgaard wins the war, with temeria becoming a vassal state
Triss romance

I cant help but feel that it is a very weak twist to make radovid mad, i would have loved to back a normal Radovid with the remnants of the temerian army (natalis, roche) and Anais as heir. instead we're left with either:

Dijkstra - most likely the most neutral leader that has no issues with mages and non-humans whatshowever, though he is as powerhungry as they come most likely dragging the north into a war that will last for decades trying to finish of Nilfgaard.

Nilfgaard ruling is better than radovid but still has issues with magic users, while temeria got a good deal by becoming a vassal, the rest of the north wont, and in the end nilfgaard stil 'owns' temeria, at any stage they can change their status as vassal state.

Really i did not get that at all from Dijkstra seems he is the out right best person to leave in charge if your willing to let three of your friends die that is lol but at least there the least important ones.

C is honestly the best ending if you can let the three of them die knowing your making the world a better place.

Letting Dijkstra rule is the most neutral and fair honestly and a truly free north the only down side is ciri cant rule but who cares the world is better off and she can be a witcher and you can go live happily ever after with triss or yen and she can live out life how she wants and the north remains.

So you just got to let Roche, Ves, and Thaler die? Worth it if you want a free north.

Last edited:
Really i did not get that at all from Dijkstra seems he is the out right best person to leave in charge if your willing to let three of your friends die that is lol but at least there the least important ones.

C is honestly the best ending if you can let the three of them die knowing your making the world a better place.

Letting Dijkstra rule is the most neutral and fair honestly and a truly free north the only down side is ciri cant rule but who cares the world is better off and she can be a witcher and you can go live happily ever after with triss or yen and she can live out life how she wants and the north remains.

So you just got to let Roche, Ves, and Thaler die? Worth it if you want a free north.

Not a 'free' north, a redanian north under dijkstra. Sadly there is no truly free north to obtain anymore.

Either the empire from nilfgaard rules all, or Redania. (either under a madman or under a shadowy ex-spy)

Dijkstra is most likely the most neutral option for all parties involved, nilfgaard in this game have shown to be 'good guy' army not as much raping, looting and other BS like the redanians and the barons men. (ex temerian soldiers)

You can also see this when traveling in Velen trough cities under nilfgaards protection, they're often peaceful and don't have much issues, where villages under the barons protection are often looted bare and the villagers are opressed.

I'd say for the best outcome for everyone in temeria is to let nilfgaard win and make temeria become a vassal with its own armies, courts and leadership.

The best outcome for Skellige and everything north off the pontar (not yaruga) is to let dijkstra win, why north of the pontar? because they would have been conquered by nilfgaard, dragged in another war. Dijkstra is ready to push nilfgaard all the way out, you dont expect them to hand over temeria, aedirn and part of keadwen without a fight? meaning another war, and in his nature, he prolly wont stop till he pushed them all the way beyond the yaruga and further.

Seeing the witcher order basically fall apart broke my heart the most. Even in TW2 I felt better knowing Kaer Morhen was there as a home for Geralt and friends.

btw, I don't think Ciri doesn't live if the bad ending happens. It's just that she's never heard of again on the Witcher's planet as she didn't care enough about Geralt apparently. It's much more likely that she's off to some other planet searching for a path on her own.

---------- Updated at 12:43 PM ----------

I'd say for the best outcome for everyone in temeria is to let nilfgaard win and make temeria become a vassal with its own armies, courts and leadership.

The ending slide even mentions that "a life in servitute seemed preferrable".

btw, I don't think Ciri doesn't live if the bad ending happens. It's just that she's never heard of again on the Witcher's planet as she didn't care enough about Geralt apparently. It's much more likely that she's off to some other planet searching for a path on her own.

Precisely what I thought (and said)... It's still extremely depressing, though.

Precisely what I thought (and said)... It's still extremely depressing, though.

Yeah... Somewhat unintentionally f'ed up my romance options by getting the bad Threesome ending, didn't know about the importance of being an irresonsible clown to Ciri versus being a good teacher that also protects her, thus only making the "right" decisions twice out of the 5. While my world state was as I desired it (Nilfgaard won, Skellige in the hands of Cerys), I completely screwed over Gerald as it seems. :D Never felt so down after beating a game before, let alone beating a CRPG.

Just finished the game, loved every minute of it :)

Ciri became a witcher
Geralt is alone on the path
Milfgaard wins the war,

'Im satisfied , that's how you end a trilogy! i cant find any more side quest/contracts, i do still have 100+ markers on the map but i think i will replay the game again this time going for a different ending

Thanks again CDPR for this amazing journey! I cant wait for the expansions and DLCs

Yea, I completely didn't get why things you chose can lead you to the bad ending. Ok, "under age" drinking is bad, I get it, thx CD projekt. But how everything else is matter? Geralt is too protective and Ciri don't get enough courage/experience to survive white frost? Or she just want to come back? I guess if you talk to Lodge of Sorceresses it gives you +100% frost resist.

Top Bottom