The Witcher 3 Modding

+
No, modding is about personal preference, it's about choice, if people want a female character that goes around on a motorbike then that's their business. Modding offers real freedom and a opportunity to be creative no matter what odd directions that creativity takes. What people choose to do in a single player game that they've paid for is nobody else's business but their own, live and let live.

I give you my good sir a +100 on this one!!!

---------- Updated at 03:48 AM ----------

You should check out the Sweet FX mod on Nexus,pretty SHWEET!! :p.

You can try a lot of pre-sets i personally like this one better:

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3691/

A WIP from me. Many obstacles remain, like how to get attack animations. I'm trying the basic spear first, and want to get the Wild Hunt weapons in the game later.

What this game needs is a Sword of Destiny -Lighting Tweak and Texture/Mesh Upgrade.

I'm not saying the game is ugly , it looks good . But Mods have proven to make games look even better.

damn i was gonna post it. anyways, it's finally starting to move in the world of modding.
i think the most useful one so far they made is this http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/12/?

edit: now there are requests appearing on the nexus forums for TW3:http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/3349-the-witcher-3-mod-talk/

i hope this is a good omen for a close release of the new REDKIT.

I was talking about it on REDkit forum :

Unfortunately, for now there is no information about RedKit 2.
There was an interview on a french website, with a question about RedKit 2 and it seems it's not top priority.
They want a tool for their community, but they don't want to promise anything without knowing how many time it will take to develop. They are focusing on the DLC and extensions first.

I think we just have to wait, pray, beg

There was an interview on a french website, with a question about RedKit 2 and it seems it's not top priority.
They want a tool for their community, but they don't want to promise anything without knowing how many time it will take to develop. They are focusing on the DLC and extensions first.

I hope not... if the REDkit is released after the DLC we can sadly expect it to go the way of Witcher 2 modding.

yeahi heard about it before, but in interviews. i also tried to ask M. Tost about redkit 2 but haven't got a response so far. the modding tools need to be out ASAP. there are many things that needs fixing in my humble opinion:
- an all new UI and better KB/M support (i couldn't play skyrim properly without the SkyUI, it simply makes the experience better)
- a rebalanced alchemy system (because the current one is not to my liking, but also to others, and there are many issues with it)
- graphical mods for potential improvements of things such as the lightning system and so on.

Last edited:
Anyone know how to get rid of the aerial perspective background fog in the config files?

I second this. As far as I know and played around with the .ini file there isn't a single setting that can reduce the aerial fog. Hopefully the promised .ini tweaks patch will enable us to do that. Unless there is already a way?

Fartuess.807
@gamer2736
Without access to witcherscript files (gameplay code) i don't know how to do it. With them - it is possible[/QUOTE]

Hii ! Hey...considering we have access to the witcherscript files (gameplay code) ...will it be very difficult to make the First Person View mod ? :)

Last edited:
So i asked Mr. Monnier about Redkit 2, if there will be any news about it soon, and here's his reply:

Attachments

• reply.png
    reply.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 65
So i asked Mr. Monnier about Redkit 2, if there will be any news about it soon, and here's his reply:

Might be better to ask devs like Benzenzimmern about REDkit, he seems to be more involved in it, in fact he actually made a mod with the Witcher 2 REDkit.

That's not very good, it probably means that the REDkit comes mid-2016 at earliest. But if the expansions are good enough to maintain the game's popularity, and the the new REDkit will be more extensive and accessible than the previous one, there's hope for a bigger, more consistent modding community this time.

Last edited:
So ... they're basically gonna do the same mistake twice ? WTH ?

Why are they being so stupid ? They don't realize why the elder scrolls game are so popular ? because of MODS !

They should release the redkit BEFORE any major DLC FFS ...

Releasing it afterwards when nobody's thinking about the game anymore is sentencing the modding scene to death ...

@chiconspiracy what did you use to unpack ? quickbms ?

Yes, available from Polymorpher at nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...smods.com/witcher3/ajax/modfiles/?id=25&pUp=1

While you need his quickbms tool to open the files, I did not use his repacking technique to make the mod.

I made a new bundle file for that with HellGhost87's tool here:
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...smods.com/witcher3/ajax/modfiles/?id=25&pUp=1

I encourage you to try your hand at it, gods knows it's a pain testing files over and over again, so it's great to have more people troubleshooting and sharing what they learn.

That's not very good, it probably means that the REDkit comes mid-2016 at earliest. But if the expansions are good enough to maintain the game's popularity, and the the new REDkit will be more extensive and accessible than the previous one, there's hope for a bigger, more consistent modding community this time.
what you said is true. however, there are people like me (well i haven't bought the game yet but i will in the future), who want to play the game with a better UI for PC, better KB/M support, and a few reblances here and there (mainly the alchemy system).
and remember, it's better to release the modding tools as soon as possible so that people can get started, considering how hyped the game was, and have mods flow in like what happened with skyrim or it'll be TW2 all over again.

what you said is true. however, there are people like me (well i haven't bought the game yet but i will in the future), who want to play the game with a better UI for PC, better KB/M support, and a few reblances here and there (mainly the alchemy system).
and remember, it's better to release the modding tools as soon as possible so that people can get started, considering how hyped the game was, and have mods flow in like what happened with skyrim or it'll be TW2 all over again.

How long did it take for Skyrim to release their Creation kit?

How long did it take for Skyrim to release their Creation kit?
i think it was released somewhere around february 2012, 3 months after the game's release (11/11/11), which is a bit strange considering that one of the first mods released, SkyUI, were released in decemeber 2011 (more or less).
at any rate, let's hope more mods will be out without the modding tools for TW3.

Top Bottom