PS4 Error ce-34878-0

+
I was in Novigrad doing the 'Get Junior" quest which led into the "Count Reuven's Treasure" quest on PS4. The game began to crash once every hour or so. I was able to to reload one of my saves and push forward until the game crashed again and made all my save games unloadable. Now after reading about the troubleshooting that others have done with limited to no success, I guess all I can do is wait for a fix. But if my saves are useless now I will not start this game over. I have put way to much time in. Seems like a lot of you feel the same way.

Well, another one here with the error, but not in the savegames.

I've been playing for a while completing all the missions in the first map, but, now I can't move to any other map area. If I try to travel to Velen or Novigrad, I get the error and the game crashes. The crash comes after the loading screen, just when the game should start again in the new map. I've been trying to travel from the castle or from White Orchard. I've restarted the console and tried everything I could think of, but everytime I get the exact same result. It looks like some kind of memory issue due to the map size or something.

Please, project red, fix this asap since I CAN'T PLAY THE GAME!!!!! :(

Very sad to say that in the last two days I am getting this error after say 6 hours of play (pausing here and there) I keep saving and hoping I am not going to lose the progress I made so far. I am almost done Novigrad and Velen....

This is so frustrating. Bugged quests and random glitches I can deal with, but bugs that render the game completely unplayable are ridiculous. Almost a week of playtime may or may not be lost to the ether. I’m only level 14 but I’ve spent so much time on the points of interest in White Orchard and Velen. I have 99% of them done for both areas. I was going to start working on the POI in and around Novigrad today before I finished the Main Quests there. Guess not.

Same thing happened to me yestrday, Played before yestrday and save in quest where to find Dandelline and meet different peoples. One of the previous savegame works where working with Triss to get rid of rats. Played till get junior quest died and load game started crashing. still have that save game will try what rahrahyah said. But still need a proper fix.

Mine crashed after the first cut scene. After reading all of the posts in this thread, I am not going to bother to try and fix this, but will rather wait for the next update and hope that this issue and other issues get fixed. I don't fancy losing hours of play time.

Tried getting past the storyquests in Novigrad like rahrahyah to see if that might work, but this time the game just randomly crashed during the escape with Ciri from Whoreson's estate. Meh, I'm done with this.

I get this bug in Novigrad, after 60h of playing, all of my saves are crashed. And what's next? Starting a new game? I don't think a 1.03 patch are fix my saves. No, thank you CDPR...(

Last edited:
They just answered me:

"Greetings,

The error ce-34878-0 means an application has crashed so you will see it from time to time.*

If you are are getting this error regularly, to the point where its making games unplayable then this indicates its not a normal crash and something is wrong.*

If this is the case please follow the below troubleshooting steps:

If you are experiencing this ce-34878-0 error code, please close the application and then install the latest system software and game patch.

You can also try deleting and reinstalling the game that's affected.*

If the error occurs again, initialise the PS4 system after back-up of the save data and please also submit any crash reports after re-booting your console when the error occurs.

The dev team is aware of the issue and investigating the reason behind it.

Regards,
Amelia Kołat"

What do you guys think?
Any kind of hope?

They just answered me:

"Greetings,

The error ce-34878-0 means an application has crashed so you will see it from time to time.*

If you are are getting this error regularly, to the point where its making games unplayable then this indicates its not a normal crash and something is wrong.*

If you are experiencing this ce-34878-0 error code, please close the application and then install the latest system software and game patch.

If the error occurs again, initialise the PS4 system after back-up of the save data and please also submit any crash reports after re-booting your console when the error occurs.

Regards,
Amelia Kołat"

What do you guys think?
Any kind of hope?

Already did all of that. Doesn't help, sadly.

They just answered me:

"Greetings,

Regards,
Amelia Kołat"

What do you guys think?
Any kind of hope?
Nothing new. Looks like CDPR doesn't know what to do with it for now.

They just answered me:

"Greetings,

Regards,
Amelia Kołat"

Same answer they have been given from the start, do not think it has helped anyone yet. At least they say they are aware and are investigating the issue.

Same answer they have been given from the start, do not think it has helped anyone yet. At least they say they are aware and are investigating the issue.

Weird. They never gave me that generic answer. I was asked immediately for my save games and then that they're currently waiting for response from the dev team.

Just do my best and try to get through the crushes. Guess what ? I finished main quest in Novigrad but when i go to the next location CRUSH CRUSSSSSSSSSSSH. ( it was a cut scene)

Mine crashed after the first cut scene. After reading all of the posts in this thread, I am not going to bother to try and fix this, but will rather wait for the next update and hope that this issue and other issues get fixed. I don't fancy losing hours of play time.
I also get the error after the first cut scene or a few seconds after i launch the game

Seems like if I load my working file and immediately try to manual save then the save will work. But once I hit an autosave or checkpoint then any saves I make after that will be corrupted.

After spending a whole week playing this game on Death March Mode and I'm almost done with the Skellige Hidden Locations, this finally happened to my saves. I don't think I will bother re-doing everything I've done for another week or less and then having the possibility of this happening again.

After spending a whole week playing this game on Death March Mode and I'm almost done with the Skellige Hidden Locations, this finally happened to my saves. I don't think I will bother re-doing everything I've done for another week or less and then having the possibility of this happening again.

I feel the same way.

For a game that was delayed for some time the amount of bugs that render sections unplayable is really unacceptable.

The Gwent bug alone shows that the testing phase was not conducted adequately.

Top Bottom