PS4 Error ce-34878-0

+
The Xbox One bug is known for several days. Some online game magazines already had news about it. But no word what's up with the PS4 Version. Could be the same bug since it is related to the autosave mechanism.

Had not realized the xbox one had same issue, but knowing that why are support still telling us to do what playstation support says, when it seems quite clear its their issue, i formatted everything from my ps4 for no reason, now have to redownload all updates and dlc for my games.

Had not realized the xbox one had same issue, but knowing that why are support still telling us to do what playstation support says, when it seems quite clear its their issue, i formatted everything from my ps4 for no reason, now have to redownload all updates and dlc for my games.

It's not quite the same. As far as I'm informed the game stops autosaving and then you can't save manually. Only the message "You can't save right now" appears. Hard resetting the console fixes this for a certain amount of time.

The PS4 equivalent seems to be that the game stops autosaving but you can still save - only that the saves aren't loadable and the game crashes while doing so. Bummer is, hard resetting doesn't work for us.

First: Sorry for my very bad english.
I have exact the same bug.
I have to contact the CD Project Red E-mail support:
I send my memory and profile file to CD Project Red
And i send a problem description.

Here my last mail:
Greetings,

The memory and profil file is in the file attachment
Importend:
Way 1.
The file is up to that moment OK (Main quest one: Travel to Skellige Island)
Talk with the Captain in the front of you. After the sequenz the will Game Crash.
Way 2.
Go to Triss Merrigold (Main quest two), und follow her to bring back her bag.
From the moment where you should enter the basement to escape from the guards
From the moment each new savefile, can not be loaded.

In other words
Each starting attempt the Main Quest gets sooner or later an error

Kind regards,

Last edited:
It's not quite the same. As far as I'm informed the game stops autosaving and then you can't save manually. Only the message "You can't save right now" appears. Hard resetting the console fixes this for a certain amount of time.

The PS4 equivalent seems to be that the game stops autosaving but you can still save - only that the saves aren't loadable and the game crashes while doing so. Bummer is, hard resetting doesn't work for us.

Neither does reinitialising the PS4, sadly. :(

Neither does reinitialising the PS4, sadly. :(

Of course: There is no problem with the hardware itself or how the HDD is formatted/used/whatsoever. Otherwise other games would crash or had broken save games, too (and they don't).
And since the release there were no firmware updates so this is also out of the question.

Maybe the 1.02 patch next week does something, but I'm sceptical. I was foolish enough to take the whole week off from work to play this game and I got disappointed again. It's truly a shame considering how good the game was up until this happened.

Of course: There is no problem with the hardware itself or how the HDD is formatted/used/whatsoever. Otherwise other games would crash or had broken save games, too (and they don't).
And since the release there were no firmware updates so this is also out of the question.

I did not expect it to do anything, too, since other games have no problems whatsoever. But it was still worth a try.

Maybe the 1.02 patch next week does something, but I'm sceptical. I was foolish enough to take the whole week off from work to play this game and I got disappointed again. It's truly a shame considering how good the game was up until this happened.

Yes, the game itself is really great, but if my savegames are gone for good...well, I don't feel like just starting over after 60 hours.

I thought we are already on 1.02, the next patch would be 1.03, but like you i am not very hopeful the next patch will fix the issue, especailly as from what i have seen none of the dev staff has posted in this thread saying at least they know of the issue or are looking into it.

Yes, the game itself is really great, but if my savegames are gone for good...well, I don't feel like just starting over after 60 hours.

Same here the game to me is one of the best this year, but at this moment i just can't be bothered to start a new game and spend like another 50 hours to get to the same point, and what happens if the issue happens again.

Hello evereybody.
I have the same problem too. I played in a mane quest where i supposed to kill Whorsson Junior. And when I met Roche my gamesaves crushed. I can't load it. But i can load another gamesave before this moment with Roche. I played another quest, saved and there was thith error again. I tried to move forward and played about 4 hours. And another crush.
Do cd project help us ? Do they know about this problem ? Do they include fix on patch 1.3 ?
Sorry for my English.

Last edited:
I thought we are already on 1.02, the next patch would be 1.03, but like you i am not very hopeful the next patch will fix the issue, especailly as from what i have seen none of the dev staff has posted in this thread saying at least they know of the issue or are looking into it.

PC is on 1.02, consoles get it next week. Probably because the patch has to go through the Sony/MS QA.
You can check it easily with your save files: There is always a litte banner with the version number in the preview picture. I'm not sure how Witcher 3 does it, but most games display the version number in the main menu.

Yeah, getting no reaction is really disappointing. CD Projekt Red seemed always really dedicated to the community and I liked them for it. Well, worked as a marketing strategy I guess.

Same here the game to me is one of the best this year, but at this moment i just can't be bothered to start a new game and spend like another 50 hours to get to the same point, and what happens if the issue happens again.

Dito. I will NOT play this again from the beginning.

PC is on 1.02, consoles get it next week. Probably because the patch has to go through the Sony/MS QA.
You can check it easily with your save files: There is always a litte banner with the version number in the preview picture. I'm not sure how Witcher 3 does it, but most games display the version number in the main menu.

My game version says 1.02, if you look at my video around 20 seconds in the bottom left of the screen it says 1.02

My game version says 1.02, if you look at my video around 20 seconds in the bottom left of the screen it says 1.02

Mh, I'm from Germany and the game is on version 1.01. There are also no updates available and I read multiple times on German websites that the 1.02 update will release next week.

But it's good to know that 1.02 will fix nothing in this regard.

This is why i would just like to hear from the devs that they are aware of the issue, when i installed the game it started downloading and installing a day one patch which must have been 1.02. I don't understand what is happening with the patches, i am in the UK, 1.02 is supposed to be what all of the EU is on, but yet people from Spain, Switzerland, Netherlands and you German are on 1.01, what is going on.

This is why i would just like to hear from the devs that they are aware of the issue, when i installed the game it started downloading and installing a day one patch which must have been 1.02. I don't understand what is happening with the patches, i am in the UK, 1.02 is supposed to be what all of the EU is on, but yet people from Spain, Switzerland, Netherlands and you German are on 1.01, what is going on.

Well, from personal experience with the PSN I can say that as a German you are always the last one to get something...if you get it at all, that is.

Update: I just recieved a mail from CDPR. They wanted my savegames and asked if the automated upload to the online storage is activated. I delivered and as far as I know it is activated but it didn't upload anything since the problem began.

Update: I just recieved a mail from CDPR. They wanted my savegames and asked if the automated upload to the online storage is activated. I delivered and as far as I know it is activated but it didn't upload anything since the problem began.

Can only hope they get a better understanding of the problem from your saves, and start to fix the issue

I really hope they can fix this issue then and perhaps repair already afflicted savegames. I want to keep playing this game. :D

Removed all my previous saves from the PS4, started a new game and started using the fast travel points and guess what the game starts to auto save again, but yet yesterday when i tried this with my old saves still on the PS4, it would not auto save, it was like the game could not overwrite the autosave. So put one of my old saves back on the PS4, which still does not work, but for the moment the game is auto saving again. Just missing like 50 hous of gaming. Don't want to start again.

I'm from Spain and have the same problem since yesterday morning, I had like 40 hours played and now all I can do is continue from my last manual save from rhe 20th, hope they fix this, if not I won't start again

I had like 40 hours played and now all I can do is continue from my last manual save from rhe 20th, hope they fix this, if not I won't start again

That's what i did i continued from a previous save only for the issue to occur again, even though i did completely different quest then i had done previously in the other save. The issue seems to just happen to no matter what i do.

So even if you play another save it will happen again? Then all we can do is just wait...so much time waiting this game and now we can't play it...

Top Bottom