The Witcher 3 Modding

+
Probably he is not. We (redkit oldfags) had talk about future of redkit with him, but he hasn't said anything concrete, and i doubt that he can say anything concrete now.

This is probably not the ideal place, but I'm not sure what would be...

Beware if you download the Nexus Mod to make items sell for a more reasonable price. I downloaded it on the 23rd and had over a thousand malicious files by the 25th.

Run MalwareBytes (it's free) after you download it. I had three different fake antivirus programs trying to get me to buy them, ads popping up, and my Chrome browser was replaced with a BS CrossPlay or something browser.

It's important to remember; the REDkit will probably be geared towards making new landscapes and quests, which is what I am mostly interested in.

But most people seem to be more intereseted in other forms of modding; such as filters, retexture, graphical and balence tweaks etc...

All of those seem to be possible without REDkit, if what we're seeing on the nexus is anything to go by.

REDkit wil probably only be nessesary for Falskaar-style quest-mods, or grand-scale total-conversions like Enderal, which is the kind of thing I'm more interested in.

Pretty sure the current interest in graphics is a frantic attempt to get the game back to its original 2013 tone. It had a colder, more serious looking tone whereas the current version, while beautiful, has a colorful, Dragon Age-like color palette that some feel is unbefitting of the Witcher world.

This obsession with graphics will dissipate in the next month or so, and when it does, people will want quests for sure, and that's where Red Kit will become necessary.

Pretty sure the current interest in graphics is a frantic attempt to get the game back to its original 2013 tone. It had a colder, more serious looking tone whereas the current version, while beautiful, has a colorful, Dragon Age-like color palette that some feel is unbefitting of the Witcher world.

This obsession with graphics will dissipate in the next month or so, and when it does, people will want quests for sure, and that's where Red Kit will become necessary.

VGX / Sword of Destiny is what most people want . Anyways it will still require Redkit to add in Lighting tweaks, soft particles and UHD Textures.

More quest would definitely be welcome .

This is probably not the ideal place, but I'm not sure what would be...

Beware if you download the Nexus Mod to make items sell for a more reasonable price. I downloaded it on the 23rd and had over a thousand malicious files by the 25th.

Run MalwareBytes (it's free) after you download it. I had three different fake antivirus programs trying to get me to buy them, ads popping up, and my Chrome browser was replaced with a BS CrossPlay or something browser.

That mod is clean, your problem has come from somewhere else.

RedKit feature request

Don't know if this is a feature you are planning to put in but might as well make sure sooner rather than later, could we use existing conversation and dialogue from character on our mods? It would be really hard to add existing character in an immersive way to mods we would like to create without access to their dialogue options.

Don't know if this is a feature you are planning to put in but might as well make sure sooner rather than later, could we use existing conversation and dialogue from character on our mods? It would be really hard to add existing character in an immersive way to mods we would like to create without access to their dialogue options.

Geralt Impersonator Voice Morph.

---------- Updated at 03:26 PM ----------

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/44/?

More Horses - Great Mod.

Redkit will not help in getting 2014 lighting and soft particles - most probably only engine source code will work. For UHD Textures you won't need Redkit i think.
wait,i thought it was possible to manipulate the game's engine using the modding tools; or at least i assumed so. just how much can the modder use the modding tools ?

wait,i thought it was possible to manipulate the game's engine using the modding tools; or at least i assumed so. just how much can the modder use the modding tools ?

It really depends on how extensive CDP make the modding tools. Some tools only allow for custom levels and quests (essentially using the game's built in assets for new locations) and others, like Skyrim's for example, lets people change everything down to the scripts. However, even Skyrim doesn't allow people to directly access the engine renderer, so fancy visual effects can only be added by an external program like ENB.

High resolution textures are most likely possible, but low level engine effects are probably beyond simple dev tools. We can only hope that the ENB guy will make something for us.

Well... you can work on existing engine, but if you don't have access to source code of it, your power is very limited. With sourcecode you can do absolutely everything if you have very high programming skills and shitload of time :D. In tools you can build levels, place lights, create story, maybe create some surface shaders. But you can't write new badass rendering features if they require any unsuported management. Such feature would be equivalent of UE4 Sky Light (i think that this is what was removed and caused significant change in lighting and color pallete). To Add Skylight support, you had to code placeable object on the scene with proper parameters, create code snippet which will be used in every surface shader from now (aka will be added when shader graphs are 'compiled' into code), 'recompile' every surface shader, code automatic linking of sky light object properties to shader properties. And it would be good if all of this was gracefully added into existing code architecture, not just slammed on top of it. Adding such feature to my own mini-engine shouldn't be a big deal. Adding it to existing AAA engine - struggle. Doing it without source code - impossible unless CDPR left it inside the engine and just placing already existing objects and changing already existing flags in config would be a solution, but if it wouldn't i don't see a way of recreating it. Although most of people doesn't feel difference between Sky Lighting and on screen filter effect changing the color pallete of the game :p

Witcher 3: Wildhunt - A little Mod for a whole new RPG experience!

Hello!

Ive got a great Idea how to make the Game as full as big as it deserves.

The Idea:

A blend of three little Game modifications which makes the Game more RPG like & weld everything together from the Landscape to the Quest.

1. Adding a Few new Enemys
A Few, maybe three or four new Enemys, easy ones to hard, like the "Scavengers" in Gothic, boars, leprechauns, Trolls/Golem.

2. Filling the Landscape with EP Nests
Filling the space between Question Marks & Towns in the outback with easy to middle, maybe somwhere some Strong Monsters & maybe a few hand set Chests over the World.

3. Adapting the EP & skill system
Adapting the EP System, Gaining EP & Skills for slashing Monsters, too.

The Goal of that Idea:
Users of that modification would have a whole new Experience of the Game! The whole Landscape would gain on interest & You have a "cause" for straying through the pretty Landscape by Slaying Monsters to strenghten & Gaining Skills. The fighting through & looting chests would make the Questionmarks be like just around the corner what would gave them a realistic mystical touch by the way. They could be ruins which appear as a part of the history of the Country, you are be exploring instead of be the only source for items & EP outside the Quests. Everything would "weld" together. From the Landscape to the Quest. "RPG Like"

Last edited:
did cdpr announced any estimated release schedule? I think the community cant get their hands fast enough on it , even in a buggy super early beta stage I think they should release it as fast as they can, hoping they wont take 2 years again like in w2 :/

There is a disappointingly low number of monsters in the open world (other than the hordes of drowners in the swamps, ghouls in the plains, and wolves in the woods).

This game could seriously benefit from RDR type dynamic encounters

it might be possible to change the lighting using existing configurations without having access to engine code , wich in that case we would only need Redkit to decompress the files ,but this is assuming the lighting settings are stored in files somewhere and not hardcoded

Hi,

I recently got Witcher 3 and I'm amazed by the engine and gameplay of this game. I come from the fallout nexus community and would love to mod this game as well. I'm creating my first mod for it as we speak with the little toools we've been given. Looking forward to the new Redkit. As far as I can see, the previous Redkit has been a success.

Top Bottom