[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
I just finished the main story and liked the ending. I also went with Triss, romantically, and kinda bummed that she didn't have a bigger roll in the game because of that. Also don't like how the game puts you back into it as if you have not done the last main quest. That castle seems so lonely now. It should have let you continue and added a place for you to have one last conversation or shag with your lover. I have a few other little gripes with how the story congealed for me, but those are small. Overall the game is the best I ever played, not sure if I should wait for the expansions to play through again. I'm very curious on how different the story could have ended and if mine was the best (good) ending.

Jesus Christ, Triss is at Kovir. And you either stay with her if you have chosen her, or with Yennefer.
Second, when the game is over, it is over. You appearing at Kaer Morhen doesn't mean that story continues. The game is over after ending credits.
Why people can't understand that?

TW3 is neither GTA V or Skyrim or even Fallout 3. TW3 had a story with beginning, middle and end, and a very clear end at that. Being able to play after the actual ending, which you don't do in story terms as the game makes it very clear once you arrive at Kaer Morhen would undermine the entire ending and make it FAR less memorable then it is. I hope to never see Geralt or Ciri or Triss/Yennefer in any post ending situation ever because it would completely wreck the emotional impact of the ending.

I get the anger and resentment from people because of the emotional roller coaster that you go through in the end but the endings were ALL about Geralt and Ciri and no one else but them as they say goodbye one way or another. Geralt and Ciri don't walk together into the sunset and have a happy life together since that's far less memorable.

Sapkowski ended the book series with both Geralt and Yennefer dying in Rivia and then being possibly revived, and I stress possibly, by Ciri who went her separate way. TW3 ends with Geralt and Ciri going their separate ways, with Ciri becoming Empress or a Witcher or it ends with Ciri dead and Geralt strongly implied as dying.

It is a sad/bittersweet situation, but this isn't Bioware with happy endings.

If people want to interact with these characters in the open world then just don't do the final main quest, save before it and go do whatever else you want in the main story. The characters you want to see will be on that ship.

still not accepting this we would like the dev to hear us first i think it's possibleil its game i can be changed its not real life..

They could add just triss or yen not ciri then because if you choose triss or yen gerald lived happily after with them. Why not it's very possible

cd projekt red is a company and its main purpose it to make money so it culd be a paid dlc/expansion pack money makes things happen..
ps i don't want to argue with you

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't accept that. Plus there were just 2-3 missions that "effected" the end. Yes those don't have to change, but adding content to do stuff with your friends and loved ones is what is needed. I know it's a game and all, but spending that time and effort into these characters means so much. Look at GTA 5, you still after the story can interact with your friends(unless you kill one) and that keeps moving on. It's feeling like an end that never closed and new content or Witcher 4 Ciri's Path maybe an option.
Remember Mass Effect? After the end you could still finish side quests but the story was over and all character didn't have any dialogues.
Same here.
When the story is over the game is over. All consequences are explained in the outro sequence.
It
is
just
over.
Why people can't deal with that? i think that message after ending credits should be fullscreen and in Caps Lock.

Just start a new playthrough, just like you did in Witcher 1 and 2.

Last edited:
Remember Mass Effect? After the end you could still finish side quests but the story was over and all character didn't have any dialogues.
Same here.
When the story is over the game is over. All consequences are explained in the outro sequence.
It
is
just
over.
Why people can't deal with that? i think that message after ending credits should be fullscreen and in Caps Lock.
Its EA who loves cash then and because they love money they will make an mass effect 4 so that like confirmed they only care how to cash in on gamers
so yeah mass effect 4 is coming

+gamers were not happy with the ending
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H_A7SeawU4

and now

Mass effect 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7mX2_163cg watch that

So if the devs listen to us as the devs for mass effect we will get something !

Last edited:
Its EA who loves cash then and because they love money they will make an mass effect 4 so that like confirmed they only care how to cash in on gamers
so yeah mass effect 4 is coming

+gamers were not happy with the ending
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H_A7SeawU4
True gamers weren't happy with ending of ME, but here we have other story. They aren't happy with events AFTER ending. They wan't to do stuff after the game has ended. Like... seriously?
What events can be after, where there was a BIG CLEAR ending?
And btw, GOOD ending.I see no complaints that ending itself is bad.
People just can't accept that the game has ended and they want more.

Jesus Christ, Triss is at Kovir. And you either stay with her if you have chosen her, or with Yennefer.
Second, when the game is over, it is over. You appearing at Kaer Morhen doesn't mean that story continues. The game is over after ending credits.
Why people can't understand that?

*Uses axii on you...Relax*

True gamers weren't happy with ending of ME, but here we have other story. They aren't happy with events AFTER ending. They wan't to do stuff after the game has ended. Like... seriously?
What events can be after, where there was a BIG CLEAR ending?
And btw, GOOD ending.I see no complaints that ending itself is bad.
People just can't accept that the game has ended and they want more.

I can't speak for other people but i'm pretty certain that for a lot of us it's incredibly difficult to come to terms with this being Geralt's final journey. This isn't some Mass Effect or Skyrim or whatever this is a series with characters that are as complex as the stories that they are a part of. Through the books and the games the world is brought to life and I've dove into it for many many years. Despite the fantasy elements of it all it feels very real to me so naturally I don't want it to end. I mean what's the problem with that? I can't accept that it's over because i'm afraid to leave the world. Also i'm not a huge fan of portals.

Last edited:
I can't speak for other people but i'm pretty certain that for a lot of us it's incredibly difficult to come to terms with this being Geralt's final journey. This isn't some Mass Effect or Skyrim or whatever this is a series with characters that are as complex as the stories that they are a part of. Through the books and the games the world is brought to life and I've dove into it for many many years. Despite the fantasy elements of it all it feels very real to me so naturally I don't want it to end. I mean what's the problem here? People can accept that it's over it's just that we don't want to leave the world.
I've heard rumors of The Witcher 4

Rumors are just that rumors doesn't hold much weight to it especially with Cyberpunk as CDPR next project after the expansions for The Witcher 3.

Last edited:
The game has ended, and so has Geralt's story, yes.
I get that we can't have visual impact of the choices we've made during the game, because the message after the credits says that we are in a pre-ending state of the world so we can do whatever we skipped while playing this masterfully done story. But if the game is in a Pre-ending state, why aren't our friends and loved ones around? when you're dumped in Empty Morhen the game itself tells you that at this point the world is like if you haven't finished the main quest, and if so, all our loved ones should still be around, because Geralt & Yen/Triss haven't settled anywhere yet, and Ciri isn't Empress or Witcheress either, that happens after the main quest.
Is it hard to comprehend our shock? is it hard to understand why we want these main characters back given the circumstances the game itself tell us about the post-ending gameplay?

I thoroughly enjoyed the story, more so than I have in any game ever, I've never felt so emotionally attached to characters in a game ever.

I finished last night, got my ending with yennifer, as I wished for. I don't see any point continuing past that point, I feel like it's not doing any justice to the story that I had forged through hours and hours of playing.

I'd like to think of it like the ending of a movie. So I think I'm going to take my bitter sweet goodbye with the witcher story after finishing the main quest line. Although I would love to continue immersing myself into the life of Gerald of Rivia.

I'll miss all the characters. *wipes a tear

Last edited:
If Witcher 4 happens, I'd rather have brand new characters. I wouldn't be angry if it the story happened many years after TW3 ended. Some of current characters would be dead by then, some just appeared in the background or being mentioned, some changed, like Ciri being a seasoned and mature empress. TW3 ended more or less perfect to me and I don't want the heritage to be tarnished. Let Geralt and his loved ones rest in peace.

Omg this is a game people they have the option to add them back

Fine geradls story ends fine but just add them no more story they can just add that house and add yen or trissin in it what's the problem no need for expanding the story just add some diologs and romance opinions

Not hard they could charge us to for it don't even post on the post if you don't want them back you will just make an big argument

We only want them back no need for story

They talk about moving to house somewher if you stay what tries or yen so way not just add that..

Last edited:
I agree, 100%. I don't think extra interactions are necessary, because it may cost more because voice actors... For me It's just enough to see them, or change few things. For example to change flags and guards in Novigrad, It's really weird when you hear Redenian gurad shouting ''Long live king Radovid'' even though I killed him 10 hours earlier. First thing I've done when i spawned in Kear Morhen was searching for Lamber and Eskel or Vesimirs grave, but nobody was there, Then i went to Vizima to see Ciri in court with crown on her head, but again nobody was there. Then i checked Novigrad for Temerian flags, but there were still Redenian guards and flags.
It feels like I had an awesome dream where i could shape entire world through my decisions, but then you wake up and realize it was meaningless. I immediately lost interest for the game even though i have bunch of side quest to do. It's like they've put Geralt in some sort of Matrix world.

Omg this is a game people they have the option to add them back

Fine geradls story ends fine but just add them no more story they can just add that house and add yen or trissin in it what's the problem no need for expanding the story just add some diologs and romance opinions

Not hard they could charge us to for it don't even post on the post if you don't want them back you will just make an big argument

We only want them back no need for story

They talk about moving to house somewher if you stay what tries or yen so way not just add that..

I wish CDProjekt could add a story with main characters, really, why not? As DLC maybe, maybe in Expansion Pass but it will really worth it. It would make all of us happy enough.

Top Bottom