About The Witcher 3 expansion.

+
About The Witcher 3 expansion.

Guys I have one question, I want to know now is if I upgrade my weapons and armors to max, will I be able to play the expansion with the gear I have now or I will need to start with no gear on the expansion? And please guys tell me if its possible, will the other 2 storys be linked with the main story on The Witcher 3 somehow or there will be no one of the old characters in the expansions?

p.s. Sorry for my bad english.

My guess is you will be able to keep all of your gear. I think the first expansion will be around the level of Novigrad (10) since it takes place in the city. THe second one might be a bit higher level. THe problem is if you will make it too high e.g. level 30 to make it tie with the end of the game some people who never finished the Witcher 3 may not see it.

Regarding place in a storyline - I doubt the expansions will be linked. It is difficult to put something right in the middle, when the base game already has a defined story arc. If you put it after the ending people will react badly to the fact it's DLC - remember the Prince of Persia debate.

If it's like any other RPG expansions, has to be higher level zones. I highly doubt it's going to be level 10 content...no ones going to pay for an expansion for stuff they have outlevelled. Now it may start at Novigraad but will probably require a boat trip to get to the new locales.

Well I have found yesterday in the gog launcher that the the new expansion will be with new + old missed characters. But I cant imagine how this will happen in my end story Geralt staying with Triss and they live together and Ciri become witch hunter, so I dont understand how Geralt will continue without to have any contacts with his wife (Triss in my story).

my guess: keep level + gear
current max-level is at 70 afair, but you cant really reach it as of now so the expansion will probably be lvl 30-50, maybe even higher (or maybe even scale to your level)

also, the 1st expansion is scheduled to come in october (or november) this year, so there is plenty of time to get stuff done till then :)

Imo the expansions will be around 30 level each,it would be unwise to make it low level since most people will have finished the game by then and will be around 35 level

Well I have found yesterday in the gog launcher that the the new expansion will be with new + old missed characters. But I cant imagine how this will happen in my end story Geralt staying with Triss and they live together and Ciri become witch hunter, so I dont understand how Geralt will continue without to have any contacts with his wife (Triss in my story).

The expansion event will occur during the main quest and not after.

I was just thinking about this.. I doubt that it would be placed after the main storyline ending, it wouldn't make sense that Geralt who can finally live a solid lfie with Yen after 20 years of adventure , apperantly changes his mind to do a contract from whoever.... Same goes for the Triss ending. Geralt apperantely changes his mind to come back from Kovir for a nekker contract :D l,ol.

Probably the best would be to place them before the main storyline and just start from level 1. It would be the simplest and possibly the best way to do it. in the story there is a little hole anyway between the 2nd and 3d game. Or it could be placed somewhere in the main story during the 3d games story but then there is the level problem again.

I actually hope this will take place a while AFTER The Wild Hunt events - lets say 10 years time. It obviously would make no sense to happen straight after W3. Because if it happens BEFORE Wild Hunt = Geralt wont meet Yennefer there unless its before W1 events. If he does then no romance with Triss because he loved Yen then w/o any questions or memory losses.

I was just thinking about this.. I doubt that it would be placed after the main storyline ending, it wouldn't make sense that Geralt who can finally live a solid lfie with Yen after 20 years of adventure , apperantly changes his mind to do a contract from whoever.... Same goes for the Triss ending. Geralt apperantely changes his mind to come back from Kovir for a nekker contract :D l,ol.

Probably the best would be to place them before the main storyline and just start from level 1. It would be the simplest and possibly the best way to do it. in the story there is a little hole anyway between the 2nd and 3d game. Or it could be placed somewhere in the main story during the 3d games story but then there is the level problem again.

Geralt doesn't settle down straight away though after the events of W3, he still hunts for a period of time after. It would make sense for the DLC to be directly after the events of Witcher 3.

Last edited:
Hm I ended the game with no rush, but also I did not completed all the secondary quests for over 60 hours total. And I am sorry to say it, but with not main quests and story line, the game is getting borring so fast, atleast for me. So if someone who is not finished the game yet reading this, believe me dont rush the main story, you will sorry for this later. About the first expansion with 10 hours playing time I really hope they to rework it somehow, because 10 hours are like 1-2 days playing, completely, not enough, I agree to pay more then 9.99 euros, but to get longer expansion. About how the story will continue, well Ciri and Geralt have thier own ways, but come on this does not mean that they totally losing thier contacts, its the same for Geralt and the woman with he choice to be (Triss) for me, I really want to know what will happen later. I dont know, but I hope Project Red somehow to give us some information, what is happening with the main characters in the next expansion.

Last edited:
The expansion that takes place near Oxenfurt will almost certainly be during the main quest, and the other one probably will as well. Hopefully by then they will have level upscaling, so the quest will simply scale to your your level (passed a certain point, say, level 25 or 30), so every person's Witcher can enjoy the expansions regardless of their level.

I hope for a post-game expansion but I doubt it will happen. I'm betting that the DLCs occur before the end of the main story. I'm thinking that they'll save any post-TW3 happenings for a potential sequel.

I hope for a post-game expansion but I doubt it will happen. I'm betting that the DLCs occur before the end of the main story. I'm thinking that they'll save any post-TW3 happenings for a potential sequel.
Usually I would hope the same, but post-ending dlc would mean no Ciri considering her different endings. So I'm happy they are pre-ending and hope Ciri, Triss and Yen will play a big role.

People here (myself included) are pretty passionate about various topics, Triss/Yen, patching the XP bug, etc. I think it shows we all really love the game though!

To lighten the mood, I’ll post some of my own expansion “ideas”. Spoiler tag is for those who haven’t read the books.

The Wrath of Istredd: Istredd comes out of years of hiding to get revenge on Geralt for taking Yennefer from him. The expansion is the same regardless if the player chose Triss in the game (Geralt can point out to Istredd that he is now free to resume pursuing Yen, but Istredd is completely insane and still wants revenge on Geralt, i.e. how Radovid was handled in the main game). Dandelion sacrifices himself to stop Istredd’s spell to eliminate all Witchers by singing a song to distract him, but is killed from the strain. The gang bury Dandelion on Avalon.

The Search for Jaskier (Dandelion): Dandelion’s father asks Geralt why Dandelion’s body was left on Avalon, and demands its immediate return. Geralt and his friends travel to Avalon, at which point Dandelion has already been resurrected. Trouble ensues when the Aen Elle invade Avalon and demand its power for themselves.

The Voyage to Camelot: King Arthur, tired of Geralt and Ciri using Avalon whenever they please as their resurrection machine, demands that Geralt and his friends appear before him and the Round Table to be judged. Trouble ensues when the Black Knight and an army of monsters besieges Camelot and refuses to stand down unless they are presented with unicorns. Geralt finds to his horror that unicorns are extinct because Yen stuffed the remaining ones to use as beds. After yet another Geralt/Yen argument that almost destroys the land, Geralt uses Ciri to travel back in time to bring back some unicorns.

The Witcher Frontier: Dandelion’s long lost brother, Sunflower, kidnaps Ciri and uses her to travel to the center of the universe, where he hopes to find Melitele. The gang realizes it’s not Melitele when she does not give a satisfactory answer to “What does Melitele need with a Witcher?”

The Cyber Country: After an explosion at Tir ná Lia, the Aen Elle are finally ready to make peace with the Northern Kingdoms. Geralt doesn’t like the idea, as he’s still bitter at all the trouble the Aen Elle caused to him and Ciri over the years. Ciri takes Geralt and his friends to a world where she spent 6 months in, the Cyber Country, leading to the Witcher gang’s appearance in the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 game.
:p

I would like it to take place right after the witcher 3 but before the epiloge, which I think it said was a couple of months after the tower scene. Like with most multiple ending games that have stuff happening after, one is considered to be canon and ciri beeing alive seems the most likely to me. If she hunts with Gerald or becomes empress hasn't been decided yet. but really she doesn't have to play a big role (I'm not really a ciri fan) in the expansions and just sit there and be a typical NPC you can talk to a little :p

Top Bottom