About Respec

+
Respecing is good in this game. Since you can build lots of character types and play however you want. But If you want to change your build, you have ınly one chance to do so. Saving manually right before the respec is some kind of solution but its not enough. I recommend doing it with money at Ripperdocs. The money costing to respec will be increasing based on your character level, skill and attribute points you spent on the tree. With this way, we can respec whenever we want and it will be more compelling to do side things. Also lorewise, it can be linked with somehow memory reboot or smth. I dont know if its appopriate.

In my opinion the problem is that :
we can respec whenever we want
Not about the "build" itself, but being able to respec before quests depending of the skill required for the outcome/event you want.
For example, you don't play as netrunner (high INT) but you still want to merge Delamain personalities... easy, you respec before the quest and respec after, just to get high INT "temporarely" during the quest.

There are 5 main perks (body, reflexes, tech ability, intelligence and cool) with 20 character points each, so total is 100. You gain 1 character point when you level up. You max level is 60. Unless I'm missing a way to respec character points (body, reflexes, tech ability, intelligence and cool), you cant. You can respec only attributes points. This means you cannot have a "complete respec".

With this way, we can respec whenever we want and it will be more compelling to do side things.
Actually the opposite is the result.

With limited respec, you are incentivized to replay the game to experience the benefit of different attributes.

When you can just respec whenever, then skill checks become redundant as you just respec whenever you find one and then go back to your build. Allowing you to experience all the side content in a single run.

There are merits and demerits for both systems.

More respecs is convenient. Restricted respecs promotes more gameplay.

There are 5 main perks (body, reflexes, tech ability, intelligence and cool) with 20 character points each, so total is 100. You gain 1 character point when you level up. You max level is 60. Unless I'm missing a way to respec character points (body, reflexes, tech ability, intelligence and cool), you cant. You can respec only attributes points. This means you cannot have a "complete respec".
You can do 1 complete respec of all points per playthrough.
It is in the bottom left of the Character menu - 'Reset Attributes'

Top Bottom