Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm disappointed on the last part of the game. Triss almost did nothing, just appeared in CG with very few shots

You're not alone in this - the later portion of the game was incredibly disappointing to us Triss-faithfuls. :X Here's the thing, at the halfway point, we're pretty much done with Triss. We still have to go through the rest of it without any fulfillment/payoff until the epilogue. In fact, it's not just unfulfilling, it's downright disrespectful to us because it pushes Yen on us even after we have made our choice.

Meanwhile, Yen-faithfuls can look forward to the Skellige parts for the entire game. The game is faithful and respectful of their choice. It just really sucks for us :dry: We want more Triss! :help: :wub: :help:

Geralt should say farewell to his friends since he is preparing to leave with Triss/Yen or alone at that moment.

I fully support this - every major character you have interacted with so far should be available for further interaction after the credits roll. Go up to them and say, "Wow, that was some crazy shit with the Hunt, wasn't it? Glad we pulled it off. Thanks for your help."

---------- Updated at 02:09 AM ----------

I could not find Crach, but that doesn't make sense because it's supposed to be pre-ending.

Maybe it would confuse people because
he died in the battle with the Hunt.
Dandelion is there too but won't say anything. :dry:

Also, welcome to the club @Noobseals :) Remember to vote and keep coming back here. It is imperative that we keep this thread alive!

Last edited:
I wish I could play it again - I really did enjoy most everything in the game. Just can't handle the heartbreak of seeing Triss walk away after the lighthouse, for good almost. :(
Yeah i know, i don't feel like playing again because of the lack of Triss, but i still got to play it on DM difficulty for the challenge, at least that should distract me from thinking about the Triss situation :'(

Seriously though, can we just all take a moment to talk about how badass Triss was during the torture scene? I was thinking about it again. I reloaded my save like 10 times trying to get the best way through with minimal pain inflicted to the honey. I decided on the last one to just see how bad the torture got and she totally handled herself!
Killed the torturer, the guard, and then murdered Menge in cold blood (well not cold blood exactly - he is a huge prick and he really deserved that).

I also snapped this screenshot from just before:

How could anyone not love her? She's totes adorable. :wub:

---------- Updated at 02:49 AM ----------

Yeah i know, i don't feel like playing again because of the lack of Triss, but i still got to play it on DM difficulty for the challenge, at least that should distract me from thinking about the Triss situation

Nothing could truly distract me from how poorly it was handled. Like I said, I am estimating about the 6-month mark for another playthrough regardless of if they have fixed Triss or not. That should give me enough time for the feels to die down a little bit. Hopefully some minor tweaks will be in place by then though. :X

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-31 at 10.31.24 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-05-31 at 10.31.24 PM.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 62
Seriously though, can we just all take a moment to talk about how badass Triss was during the torture scene? I was thinking about it again. I reloaded my save like 10 times trying to get the best way through with minimal pain inflicted to the honey. I decided on the last one to just see how bad the torture got and she totally handled herself!
Killed the torturer, the guard, and then murdered Menge in cold blood (well not cold blood exactly - he is a huge prick and he really deserved that).

I also snapped this screenshot from just before:

How could anyone not love her? She's totes adorable. :wub:

---------- Updated at 02:49 AM ----------

Nothing could truly distract me from how poorly it was handled. Like I said, I am estimating about the 6-month mark for another playthrough regardless of if they have fixed Triss or not. That should give me enough time for the feels to die down a little bit. Hopefully some minor tweaks will be in place by then though. :X
I loved the dialogue she and Geralt had before the torture scenes, you know where they were talking about the handcuffs, too funny, that is why she and Geralt go well together :)

I loved the dialogue she and Geralt had before the torture scenes, you know where they were talking about the handcuffs, too funny, that is why she and Geralt go well together

There are too many reasons to list why they go well together. But yeah, I like that exchange a lot. :p

Yeah, letting her tortured was hard, but it was her plan so even though it was difficult I supported her, this play through I'm gonna go the no torture way and see what happens...

Btw I just reloaded a save when during final preparations since I didn't know about the earrings.

Picked them up after a long search and had to redo the Phillipa rescue quest so she'll be available for talking.

Replayed the nice scene at the fountain, with an " I'll tell you the details later" which of course was never there.

And just to drive the point home that the Triss option was added after the whole game was in place, once you give her the earring, she blushes and talks about the "good old days", like it was all in the past and we hadn't just agreed to live together in Kovir.

If I manage my current one will be a Yen play through and I'm 99.99% sure the sequence will be exactly the same.

Last edited:
Yeah, letting her tortured was hard, but it was her plan so even though it was difficult I supported her, this play through I'm gonna go the no torture way and see what happens...

I think going through with it is the better option because even though
she loses 5 fingernails (nothing to sneeze at but rather minor all things considered), she is the one to actually end Menge which I thought gave her some nice closure over the whole witch hunting thing.

Replaced the nice scene at the fountain, with an " I'll tell you the details later" which of course was never there.

What do you mean replaced? You didn't get to see the house in Kovir? :X

If I manage my current one will be a Yen play through and I'm 99.99% percent sure the sequence will be exactly the same.

Which sequence are you suggesting will be the same? The earrings?

Also, that's cool you have the strength to do that. I couldn't turn Triss down if my life depended on it. She's just too perfect. :wub:

Last edited:
where they were talking about the handcuffs, too funny, that is why she and Geralt go well together :)

Laughs here too! Oh, how we'll miss the banter when it's all said and done...heck the banter is part of why quests with her are fulfilling.

Laughs here too! Oh, how we'll miss the banter when it's all said and done...heck the banter is part of why quests with her are fulfilling.

I said something to the tune of this earlier in the thread in a sort of joking manner. It was only a half joke though because of what you said here. The parts with her a so, so well done that it hurts so much more when you realize you're out of them. :(

I think going through with it is the better option because even though
she loses 5 fingernails (nothing to sneeze at but rather minor all things considered), she is the one to actually end Menge which I thought gave her some nice closure over the whole witch hunting thing.
:
Perhaps, but her screams and the way that guy was trolling me during the interrogation were just too much...

What do you mean replaced? You didn't get to see the house in Kovir? :X
I wanted to write "replayed the scene", sorry corrected the post.

And by never happened, I meant the details about Kovir that she was supposed to explain later, dialogue that of course was not added into the game.

Which sequence are you suggesting will be the same? The earrings?
Yup

Perhaps, but her screams and the way that guy was trolling me during the interrogation were just too much...

I know - it was almost too much to handle. But then I remembered that she's a tough cookie and can likely handle herself. Which she did - splendidly I might add. :p

I wanted to write "replayed the scene", sorry corrected the post.

And by never happened, I meant the details about Kovir that she was supposed to explain later, dialogue that of course was not added into the game.

Ah, I see what you mean now. Yeah, where is my explanation? That is one of the things I most desperately want. To be able to talk to her about their future. I don't think this would be too much trouble to add. With the shear magnitude of dialogues between Geralt and every other character, it would've gone a long way to just include one more exchange between them. Like 30-40 lines (which is a drop in the bucket of everything that is already included). Just to tie up some loose ends. :dry:

In specific ending, when You able to spend some time with Ciri, in farewell Ciri says that Geralt will not stay for long in Kaer Morhen. Why Geralt didn't say to Ciri about house in Kovir?

Sure she was tough about the torture, but she's also entirely self-sacrificing for those she loves. I'd be complicit in her methods if it were the only way and her idea, but not if there is an alternative. Then again, I once had to rip off a finger nail, so...it provides a point of reference. Having wisdom teeth drilled without any anesthetic whatsoever was far less painful...

It will end, and we'll walk away from it, but I don't think many of us will forget. That's why having a satisfying end is so important. We see ourselves in these characters and relationships, and it allows us to not only enjoy the story but reflect on ourselves, from an outsiders point of view. I care about Triss+Geralt like Vesper Lynd+James Bond, Jason Bourne+Marie Kreutz, or Leia Organa+Han Solo.

Matter of fact, they quite mirror Han+Leia. Especially Leia...that debonaire yet honest down to earth way of living, charm with an edge when needed, grace yet no fear of grit..."into the garbage chute, flyboy!".

Just hope CDPR sees all the colors of what they've created...

Sure she was tough about the torture, but she's also entirely self-sacrificing for those she loves. I'd be complicit in her methods if it were the only way and her idea, but not if there is an alternative.

Yeah, like I said it was hard to listen to but it was her plan and she carried it out beautifully. I think it is justice that she got to be the one to end Menge. She also looked sort of dangerous with blood all over her for the rest of the scene. Kinda made me like her even more. :eek: If that is even possible, lol. :p

It will end, and we'll walk away from it, but I don't think many of us will forget. That's why having a satisfying end is so important. We see ourselves in these characters and relationships, and it allows us to not only enjoy the story but reflect on ourselves, from an outsiders point of view

And that is part of why this is so tough on us - these characters are so unique and so well-crafted and just so likable that it is especially tough to handle the feeling of "this is how they're going to let Triss go out". Also, it kind of helps that Geralt has his emotions turned down - he sort of becomes a blank slate himself, you can project a little bit of yourself onto his character.

I know I certainly won't forget about this. It will get better over time but the mishandling of this seriously painted this great game in a markedly negative fashion.

I too hope they can recognize the dearth of this before it's too late.

Dearth = a scarcity or lack of something. Just realized not everyone will know what that word means. :eek:

Last edited:
In specific ending, when You able to spend some time with Ciri, in farewell Ciri says that Geralt will not stay for long in Kaer Morhen. Why Geralt didn't say to Ciri about house in Kovir?
No idea, she says the same thing if you romanced Yen or didn't romance anyone, just something that was set in stone regardless of what you do.

No idea, she says the same thing if you romanced Yen or didn't romance anyone, just something that was set in stone regardless of what you do.
I hope they will fix this, becouse it is sad, no matter You do in game You receive nothing, especially if You romanced Triss.

I hope they will fix this, becouse it is sad, no matter You do in game You receive nothing, especially if You romanced Triss.

Haha, welcome to the club. :lol: This what we've been saying for nigh on 900 posts. We don't really get any rewarding payoff for romancing Triss. We feel cheated and we want some resolution. :(

Haha, welcome to the club. :lol: This what we've been saying for nigh on 900 posts. We don't really get any rewarding payoff for romancing Triss. We feel cheated and we want some resolution. :(

Yeah, thats why I am here, I don't feel satisfied with this superb game becouse of lack content with Triss. I want a lot more! And I hope for more, I even ready to pay for it, so much I love Triss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom