Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if she is in it, will the give her the attention she deserves? If they handle it like they did the rest of the game, my answer would be no. If they see what we are talking about here and see an error in their previous approach, maybe, just maybe. Still not getting my hopes up though. :dry:
I am actually more curious to know if they are bringing Triss back, is it something they always planned before the release of the game?, or something they implemented after reading all the threads about her?

No matter where you are right now, the story doesn't have to end. With The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Expansion Pass you can look forward to a whopping, additional 30 hours of monster-hunting adventure - complete with a brand new region of Toussaint and tons of new content and characters (including old friends) crafted with the same epic love you've come to expect..
This is the part of GOG notification, the bold part gives me a glimpse of hope that we will see Triss in the expansions.

Nah they were too focused on sex rather than romance, that is why they spend 16 hours on the sex scenes lol

Who cares about the sex? I didn't come here for that - it's about the romance for me. The moments shared by two people who care about one another. The trials they go through during their quest. The strain put on it by the others around. Sadly, that's all just absent. It's missing. The whole thing feels incomplete. :(

back to topic!

More Triss! :heart: :wub: :heart:

---------- Updated at 10:00 PM ----------

I am actually more curious to know if they are bringing Triss back, is it something they always planned before the release of the game?, or something they implemented after reading all the threads about her?

You're more curious about that? Lol. I am more curious about if they will pull it off in a way that is meaningful. Sure, I guess I'm curious why they do it, but if they do it and do it well, then I really won't care why.

This is the part of GOG notification, the bold part gives me a glimpse of hope that we will see Triss in the expansions.

Yes, this makes me think we won't see the last of her. Will it satisfy us? I don't know - maybe this thread can make it so.

Who cares about the sex? I didn't come here for that - it's about the romance for me. The moments shared by two people who care about one another. The trials they go through during their quest. The strain put on it by the others around. Sadly, that's all just absent. It's missing. The whole thing feels incomplete.

Yeah the amount of Triss content and romance isn't exactly worthy of being a 'standalone' story (in regards to Triss).

Personally I've not doubt that both Yen and Triss will play a part in one (or both) of the new expansions. Just take a look at this forum to see how many players care for them. The real question is: Will they adress the inconsistency within the main story? And man, this question bothers me so much.

I swear if it's 20 hours of Yennefer and no Triss at all, I'm going to lose my shit.

better 20 hours of butts than no butts at all am i not right?

---------- Updated at 10:05 PM ----------

@Cormyr the story is almost untouchable unless they do an EE because people that already played the game would have to replay it or some sort etc

Eh, until there are more details about what's in the expansions, we shouldn't celebrate too early. But let's keep hoping and throw feedbacks.

Seeing what happened to other similar games like DA:I, I think there's no way CDPR didn't know that romance is important in these type of games. I guess they just miscalculated some things like the importance of well-placed small interactions and dialogues outside the big cutscenes when creating a good romance plot. If I remember it right these little things weren't given too much attention in the previous games either.

Yeah the amount of Triss content and romance isn't exactly worthy of being a 'standalone' story (in regards to Triss).

It should be able to stand on it's own. If you pull it out of the context of what is happening around, you ask, "is that a good love story? Does it have a satisfying beginning, middle, and end?" I think it definitely had the potential. Just didn't finish on a strong note. Which is even more disappointing because the ending had even more potential than the rest of it.

I swear if it's 20 hours of Yennefer and no Triss at all, I'm going to lose my shit.
I doubt they would do that, if they are reading these forums, then imagine the backlash they might face, same goes for if it is all Triss and no Yen, either way i don't think they would want to do something like that.

Goytta say i was disapointed as well, i get that Yennefer is important and you need to showcase her but in the romance department it all feels very jarring if you go after Triss and not Yen, in fact the game should reflect this in dialouge if nothing else, i would assume Yen is gonna become prettty frosty towards Geralt if he dumps her for her best friend imo.

Also would really some extra content with Triss as well, one doesent simply drop the ball on a character with two games behind her with the protagonist.
You made the bed CDPR, now lie in it! (see what i did there :p)

It should be able to stand on it's own. If you pull it out of the context of what is happening around, you ask, "is that a good love story? Does it have a satisfying beginning, middle, and end?" I think it definitely had the potential. Just didn't finish on a strong note. Which is even more disappointing because the ending had even more potential than the rest of it.
Well it had a good beginning, the middle part was almost non-existant (excluding the few references), and a small ending saying all was good between them. so yeah it had potential just needed to expand the story after Novigrad.

Just received an email from GOG.com, where they want me to buy the expansion pass or being more precise to pre-order it.

Interesting thing is the following: In the email they advertise, that one can explore Toussaint and get new gear, meet new monsters plus, and this being a nice little spark, new storys and questlines with existing characters.

So they definitly want to implement not only new characters but also the old ones, like Zoltan, Dandelion, etc. and of course this does mean TRISS ;)
Maybe they use this as an opportunity to bring her more up to the front, to give her more, deserved screen time

WHAT ?! Damn I will go preorder that asap !

I mean even without any old character.. Witcher series is the most greatest game for me ever :X

I really hope there will be more Triss.. Oh damn I just gave her the missing earring. Geralt said "I like when you are embarrased" (I hope thats the right word in english).
And all that Triss answered was "Well as I said.. the good old days.."

Why the good old days? I told her that I like her idea about a house at kovir ! :huh:

better 20 hours of butts than no butts at all am i not right?

I dunno. For me, personally, if they aren't going to do some meaningful Triss stuff, I'd rather they didn't bother at all. :dry: I guess I am just a little bit jaded about this whole topic.

@Cormyr the story is almost untouchable unless they do an EE because people that already played the game would have to replay it or some sort etc

We don't want a story change, or I don't anyways. Just some tweaks to the interactions/design within the main game. I don't think it has to go that much further than that until the expansions. Content patch could achieve this. Just wondering how high it is on their list of priorities. Probably pretty low. :(

Also, I'm pretty sure it was fully their intention to have people doing multiple playthroughs.

I guess they just miscalculated some things like the importance of well-placed small interactions and dialogues outside the big cutscenes when creating a good romance plot.

I said it before - a good romance needs a solid foundation. It needs little the little things to help support the big moments.

Stop. I'm getting sad again. I don't even want to think about never seeing Triss again. :crybaby:

Im sorry ! But I just want to make clear that.. CDPR ! This cant be the end already with all those absolutely amazing characters ! :crybaby:

More Witcher more Triss and oh.. did I already say more Triss?..

Goytta say i was disapointed as well, i get that Yennefer is important and you need to showcase her but in the romance department it all feels very jarring if you go after Triss and not Yen, in fact the game should reflect this in dialouge if nothing else, i would assume Yen is gonna become prettty frosty towards Geralt if he dumps her for her best friend imo.

Also would really some extra content with Triss as well, one doesent simply drop the ball on a character with two games behind her with the protagonist.
You made the bed CDPR, now lie in it! (see what i did there :p)
Yep the game even makes it hard to reject Yen during her quest, i was expecting some confrontation but instead we get Yen kissing Geralt right in front of Triss even if you rejected Yen and romanced Triss. That scene in particular needed to be fixed (have Triss get angry, have Geralt push her away, or something like that, you get the point).

We don't want a story change, or I don't anyways. Just some tweaks to the interactions/design within the main game. I don't think it has to go that much further than that until the expansions. Content patch could achieve this. Just wondering how high it is on their list of priorities. Probably pretty low. :(

well, by story change i mean her whole part in the side quests, adding more content or sides or even just things to say to her i dont know if they want to do such things right after release

Im sorry ! But I just want to make clear that.. CDPR ! This cant be the end already with all those absolutely amazing characters ! :crybaby:

More Witcher more Triss and oh.. did I already say more Triss?..
More Triss, more Triss oh and more Triss (never gets boring to say it), also maybe Iorveth and Saskia (at least a reference to their fate) would be great.

I doubt they would do that, if they are reading these forums, then imagine the backlash they might face, same goes for if it is all Triss and no Yen, either way i don't think they would want to do something like that.

I also think it unlikely but I am mentally preparing myself. Would hate to be let down again.

I mean even without any old character.. Witcher series is the most greatest game for me ever

It was the greatest but I've just been hit so hard by this that I can't do it. Also, pre-ordering doesn't usually save you any money on DLC so you're better off just waiting and making sure you will like what they put in. Just my opinion though. I'm fine with pre-ordering games - sometimes you get some extra stuff or early access. DLC pre-order doesn't really do anything so I think I would rather wait. If we get a solid declaration that one or both of them will include some serious Triss stuff then I will pre-order it. At least then I will know I'll enjoy it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom