Eredin says 12 sentences during the whole game and.....

+
I don't think that's good enough. Knowledge of the books is all well and good but the games are their own entity and they have to be judged on their own merits.

If Eredin is two-dimensional its down to poor implementation. His presence is so fleeting that he's never really given the opportunity to develop. He's unknowable and kind of uninteresting as a result. Its a bit of a missed opportunity really.

Last edited:
again, as story is told from Geralt perspective, i dont think ending was handled insufficient.. all threads were closed in my playthrough, Radovid was killed by Philippa, Temeria was protectorate of Nilfgard and Emhyr won the war, but Ciri was free doing whatever she wanted without Emhyr's influence (he didnt deserved having her back, he wanted to sleep with his own daughter in the past, thats disqualifies him forewer). Geralt ended up with Yennefer, living together away from everybody, which is exactly what they always wanted. it was a perfect ending of Geralt's story for me.
You have consistently sidestepped and ignored every response to your posts, and despite having offered you numerous attempts to field and clarify your arguments, you have reverted back to ignoring people. It seems clear you do not have any responses to the many people who have rightfully criticized the role of the Wild Hunt in this game. Case closed.

• RED Point
Reactions: aop
inb4 we didn't kill him completely and wait... Expansion! lol. And yeah we all are aware of the rushed ending, as such, it leaves a lot of open ends for expansion.

all you need to know about Eredin - mind you, this is stuff written before Witcher 3 release, based mainly on books:

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Eredin_Bréacc_Glas

i repeat over and over - books are important for understanding of games. If there wasnt for books, many characters would be completely nonsensical, for example, even Dandelion or Zoltan, or even Triss, they all were never completely "reintroduced" in the W3 game, and you are expected to know them already from previous games and books... so why exactly should Eredin and Wild Hunt be explained anyhow differently? Just because there are people who know nothing about world of Witcher?

Last edited:
all you need to know about Eredin - mind you, this is stuff written before Witcher 3 release, based mainly on books:

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Eredin_Bréacc_Glas

But again, this stuff is not only inexistent in the game, but it also has basically no influence on the character development and on the main plot.

---------- Updated at 04:44 PM ----------

"When Ciri and Auberon struggled to conceive, Eredin supplies the king with a specially blended aphrodisiac to enhance his performance. The concoction proves to be too much for Auberon, however, and he dies after consuming it. In the wake of the king's untimely death, Eredin becomes the defacto ruler of the Aen Elle, and with their plans ruined, he and Avallac'h resolve not to release Ciri for fear that her abilities might be used against them in the future.

Shortly thereafter, Ciri escapes with the help of the unicorns, and travels to an unknown world, with Eredin and his cavalry giving chase. He later appears to her as a wraith while she is resting at a tavern, telling her that he will wait for her at The Spiral, a place she will eventually reach after her long journey through space and time."

This...has no influence on the main plot of TW3.
Not a single mention to the importance of her future son, not a single mention to why Avallac'h wants to protect Ciri, not a single mention to why now Eredin wants to kill her.
Nothing.

Stop repeating the same shit.

This stuff is not in the game. The game trilogy was supposed to stand on it's own legs. Having to read the books to get any grasp of a games plot is bad design. And the books having shitty characterisation of Eredin is not an excuse for the game to have it as well.

Once again, these forums are for game made by CDPR, not book written by Sapkowski.

why dont you search that wiki more then? look for page about Avalac'h and Auberon, do you really want me to link it all for you? :)

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Avallac'h

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Auberon_Muircetach

plus, these are just summations made based on books. Books contain full explanations, so just read them. You wont regret reading them one bit...

I read them all, except for The Lady of the Lake, which will be out in October of this year in my country.
But....again...this stuff should be in the game as well, and should have some influence.

And reading the books is not important anymore, because the have change the enitre meanings of Ciri's power and the importantce of his son is inexistent in the game. And it's even worse, because they have changed stuff without give a proper explanation.

---------- Updated at 04:56 PM ----------

Even the relationship between Avallac'h and Ciri is underdeveloped. There's not a mention to the fact that Lara was supposed to merry him, but she married Cregennan of Lod. Not a mention to when he kept Ciri as prisoner into his world, promising the she would have been freed after spending the night with Auberon, etc...

Lady of the Lake is actually quite important book for the story... once you read it you will understand. And no, they didnt change anything about Ciri's powers... her mother, Pavetta had the same powers as Ciri, just a bit weaker, yet when she was scared that Calathe will kill her lover (future Emhyr var Emreis), she almost destroyed entire castle with her scream, same as Ciri did when they killed Vesemir... its said in books Elder blood powers are stronger and stronger with each generation, that is why Aen Elle wanted to force Ciri to conceive with their King originally, and that is why Eredin decided she must die, when she escaped, because she is just too big risk for him, if she is alive...

btw, things with Avalac'h were actually mentioned in the game, there was a discussion about this...

Lady of the Lake is actually quite important book for the story... once you read it you will understand. And no, they didnt change anything about Ciri's powers... her mother, Pavetta had the same powers as Ciri, just a bit weaker, yet when she was scared that Calathe will kill her lover (future Emhyr var Emreis), she almost destroyed entire castle with her scream, same as Ciri did when they killed Vesemir... its said in books Elder blood powers are stronger and stronger with each generation, that is why Aen Elle wanted to force Ciri to conceive with their King originally, and that is why Eredin decided she must die, when she escaped, because she is just too big risk for him, if she is alive...

btw, things with Avalac'h were actually mentioned in the game, there was a discussion about this...

I was not referring to that. I was talking about her role in prevent the white frost.

yet we really dont know if she really prevented it or not... developers didnt show us that, so we can only speculate... maybe they have some hidden reason behind that... she could just postpone it a bit for example... prophecies sometimes are two edged sword...

yet we really dont know if she really prevented it or not... developers didnt show us that, so we can only speculate... maybe they have some hidden reason behind that... she could just postpone it a bit for example... prophecies sometimes are two edged sword...

Excuses...excuses
Nothing new

Still, Avallac'h think that she can. For reasons which are not explained.

Excuses...excuses
Nothing new

even if that is not explained later (lets wait another 10 weeks until all DLCs are released...), it is still Geralt's story, so unless Ciri tells him what happened, he wouldnt know... Thorough entire game, you have only seen things from Geralt perspective..

even if that is not explained later (lets wait another 10 weeks until all DLCs are released...), it is still Geralt's story, so unless Ciri tells him what happened, he wouldnt know... Thorough entire game, you have only seen things from Geralt perspective..

And from Ciri perspective.
Also...if Ciri knews what were Avallac'h plans, why she was angry with him in the quest related to his lab?
And why she faces the Wild Hunt, and Avallac'h let her to fight with Caranthir, if she could die before the defeat of the white frost?

It is very clear that TW1 Eredin is an infinitely better antagonist than the one in TW3.

It is also as evident to me that if Ciri, personal things pertaining to Geralt, and interesting side quests were removed from the game, then TW3 is a very shallow, bland, and at many times idiotic story.

I have never seen someone so thoroughly embarrass himself over and over again. It is so uncanny. And he is completely unaware of this. I guess ignorance really is a blessing.

Eredin was such a joke in this game... as soon as he is beaten, we are made aware the real enemy is in fact the white frost. Eredin was nothing more than a thug. And a weak one. Soap opera and cartoons villains are better developed than him. Ha, no wonder he is the leader of the monsters in gwent, the most bland faction.

It is very clear that TW1 Eredin is an infinitely better antagonist than the one in TW3.

It is also as evident to me that if Ciri, personal things pertaining to Geralt, and interesting side quests were removed from the game, then TW3 is a very shallow, bland, and at many times idiotic story.

I would say the final act has this problem, political disappointments aside, the first two acts were really good and consistent, the main problem is the final act, though I hope they eventually try to fix most problems like they did with the final act of Witcher 2.

Top Bottom