Heres a good spot to post a complaint

+
Heres a good spot to post a complaint

You actually made an original Copy, then enhanced it, which is fine. But then, noone figured it would be a "big deal" to maybe put a sticker in a book with my cd so I could play the upgraded version? Which I could accept. But then you don't bother to post the older patch on your site which doens't require a cd key, which is annoying. So now I have to deal with the absolute worst customer service team in the history of anything and wait a few weeks or so (when they get around to it) to actually help me probably ask me for some cd disk # and then take another few weeks to respond. I didn't see a complaint forum so I'm putting this out there, and although the game is very well made and I am interested in playing through it again it's irritating to watch a company fail so hard on customer support. This is your Game, making you responcible for representing it and atari support forums are just terrible. It's aweful, bad enough for me to come on here and waste some of my time just to post how terrible it is regardless of how many people have before me. You couldn't even come up with a Site posted key generator where i give you information? This is a Huge mistake, and the fact that anyone who is encountering the problem late is subjected to the same crap means you are basically saying (in not so many words) That I just have to deal with your mistakes. Which to be honest, is not encouraging. My point being though i may like your games quite a bit, if you won't bother to support the problems with your product I'd sooner buy something from Blizzard.

Ripa666 said:
I didn't see a complaint forum so I'm putting this out there, and although the game is very well made and I am interested in playing through it again it's irritating to watch a company fail so hard on customer support.
...guess you failed to notice the "For discussion of everything unrelated to The Witcher" description for this forum section. So probably _not_ a "good spot" to post the complaint, compared to, say, the General Discussion ( http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?board=11.0 ) which has, say, a stickied thread titled "Got a technical issue? Registration problems? Patch problems? Enhanced Edition" at the top of the page that starts out with the following: "Hello everyone, if you have a problem with the EE, registering your game, problems with a CDkey or downloading or patching, please take a moment, to read this thread before posting..." and includes instructions such as "If you cannot find your CD key, look here:..." Which points to the following entry in the In-Game Tech forum, here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=19615.0 So might want to try the Tech Forum to locate your answer.
Ripa666 said:
So now I have to deal with the absolute worst customer service team in the history of anything and wait a few weeks or so (when they get around to it) to actually help me probably ask me for some cd disk # and then take another few weeks to respond.
You do realize it's a holiday week, yes?
Ripa666 said:
and atari support forums are just terrible.
That would appear to be an issue to take up with Atari.To the moderators: I apologize in advance if my post here is "not helpful" and feel free to remove it if you'd prefer. Having worked retail around the holidays in the past and dealt with this kind of commentary from customers, I attempted to keep the snarkiness of my response to a minimum while trying to helpfully point him in the right direction. (For those wishing to know exactly how snarky a response I could've made, feel free to drop me a private message. ;) )

A lot of people are already "Out of office", and judging by the amount of PR emails I sent (nearly 200) and respective auto-replies, many took the week off. Indeed, this is hardly the best time to be contacting customer service for no matter what (not just games, everything, really).However, there are plenty of help topics in the Tech Support section, where everyone helps whoever they can. Perhaps search for a solution there?

Coming in with a negative attitude isn't helping, either.CDP Red is a very supportive, and so is the fan base. We'll try our best to get you through it, but you really need to change your attitude if you don't want to see negative comments because of yours.In any case, what 'sticker' are you referring to? If you register your game, the Enhanced version is simple to get. I you aren't registered, why not? Or is this the 'sticker' you mean? You don't need the 'older' patch if you download the EE, as it's the latest version except for the video patch.More detail, and less negativity will help you more.Merry Christmas :witchmas:~ Roxy

I don't really understand what your problem is. You complain that you don't find an indication in your original game that there is an upgrade available? I think it's impossible to fulfil (if I get what you mean ;) ). But before you start the game, there is an option "check for updates" or so and it directly links you to the update website. If you mean smaller updates like patches, there are many ways to find out, first adress is always the official website of a product.If you mean a specifc issue let me ask you when did you made your inquiry? A couple of minutes before your opened this thread? Yesterday? A few days ago or many many weeks ago? It it's the latter, than we can talk indeed of bad customer service. As didi510 already said, it's a holiday week, don't reckon with a prompt reply if you asked recently.Coming here is a good idea, take a deep breath and relax otherwise you may scare off those who want to help you. Look what opportunities you find here. in-game tech forum http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?board=14.0 has lots of helpful fixed threads, and maybe this is helpful as well http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16933.0

Top Bottom