No water effects, ocean waves etc

+
No water effects, ocean waves etc

I cant see anyone ask about it. I wonder if anyone has a similar problem - after 1.04 patch and 15.5 AMD drivers water ripple effect doesn't work. There are no water tesselation, ocean waves etc. I cant say witch one destroyed it.

I'm not playing because of this one mostly and i have no problem waiting for a patch just need to know if you acknowledge this bug.
Marcin Momot could you check for us what's the status of this bug? If its worked on or not on next 1.05 patch?

EDIT: Bug happens only with crossfire on
EDIT: added screenschots

Attachments

• witcher3_2015_06_05_16_37_59_317 screens.jpg
    witcher3_2015_06_05_16_37_59_317 screens.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
silly question but you have checked your water is set to HIGH or ULTRA right?
they are the only settings that will start to show ripples/waves

[Streaming/Textures]
CinematicModeMipBias=-0.3
UseMipRefiner=true
ForceCinematicModeOn=true

Copy the above to the bottom of your user.ini file located in my documents/the witcher 3 folder. This fixed exactly the same issue for me so it might work for you.

[Streaming/Textures]
CinematicModeMipBias=-0.3
UseMipRefiner=true
ForceCinematicModeOn=true

Copy the above to the bottom of your user.ini file located in my documents/the witcher 3 folder. This fixed exactly the same issue for me so it might work for you.

Thanks but it didn't change anything

everything maxed out using 353.06
noticed it only in skellige the ocean is flat. maybe a different issue since i already saw a few threads about this limitied to skellige.

I cant see anyone ask about it. I wonder if anyone has a similar problem - after 1.04 patch and 15.5 AMD drivers water ripple effect doesn't work. There are no water tesselation, ocean waves etc. I cant say witch one destroyed it.

I'm not playing because of this one mostly and i have no problem waiting for a patch just need to know if you acknowledge this bug.
Marcin Momot could you check for us what's the status of this bug? If its worked on or not on next 1.05 patch?

EDIT: Bug happens only with crossfire on

Can you roll back your drivers to see if that caused the problem?

Same issue. The only way to fix it is to meditate for an in-game day. It occurs after every fast travel from Kaer Morhen as I noticed.

Same issue. The only way to fix it is to meditate for an in-game day. It occurs after every fast travel from Kaer Morhen as I noticed.

In here it's not tied to anyything in game world. There's no water ripple effect on crossfire ie when gerald walks in water with ripples behind him. When i turn off crossfire ripple effect turns on. Same thing with big waves and sailing.

Ah, I understand. I did not have ATi for a long time, but as far as I remember it had tesselation configuration in Catalyst settings, maybe it's disabled there?
I had flat water issue but only after fast travel from Kaer Morhen and I have NV card.

Ah, I understand. I did not have ATi for a long time, but as far as I remember it had tesselation configuration in Catalyst settings, maybe it's disabled there?
I had flat water issue but only after fast travel from Kaer Morhen and I have NV card.

When crossfire is off water tesselation works

But maybe when you enable crossfire it changes to a different profile? I don't really remember Catalyst...
Also - which mode are you running? Or there are no more different crossfire modes in new models?

On AMD forums amdmatt said that this have to be resolved with CDPR. It looks like this (try different vsync and frame limitter options, crossfire ON)

Attachments

• witcher3_2015_06_05_16_37_59_317 screens.jpg
    witcher3_2015_06_05_16_37_59_317 screens.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 106
I have 2 GTX 770 OC2 4gb and I have an even worse situation. My water in-game looks like shiit, seriously, it doesn't even compare with those screenshots, it looks like just a flat body of water with no effects whatsoever, tried meditation, changing water quality slider, adding those lines to ini files, nothing works!

---------- Updated at 10:59 PM ----------

Feedback guys: I just tried to meditating several times, and after meditating for almost 3 days I ended up in raining weather and, then, the water effects popped in. Water is now great and have waves and all effects. After meditating again to clear weather the effects persisted. I think this is a bug and the water effects kick in after raining weather. Using patch 1.05, everything on ultra on nvidia latest driver.

Patch didn't fix issues with water, only made it worse. Now I have it after every single fast travel.

CD Projekt anything new in the matter? Anything on crossfire, stuttering, water effects, maybe in 1.07? or 10.999?
Anything new? Besides "Geralt's clothes will no longer be wet after leaving the menu." off course....

I had very flat water in two different moments only but after installing v1.06. Before that patch I never had issues with water in Skellige. I have AMD R9 270x and I'm using forced tesselation due to HairWorks.

Top Bottom