Anyone know the location for Superior Draconid & Hybrid and Enhanced Ogroid Oils?

+
Anyone know the location for Superior Draconid & Hybrid and Enhanced Ogroid Oils?

As per title, does anyone know the location for Superior Draconid & Hybrid and Enhanced Ogroid Oils?

For the Draconid and Hybrid, noone else seems to have posted a location.

Those seem to be the only oils I'm still missing currently

I've seen some people writing about Superior Thunderbolt but I haven't gotten that one either yet, but then I haven't talked to the Master Alchemist yet.

Master Alchemist has pretty much everything. His stock might update as you level up too. I have seen him, but I do have a few more missing. Guess they'll be in treasures in Skellige, as I am yet to explore that fully.

I got Superior Draconid, Enhanced Ogroid and Superior Thunderbolt from him, but am still missing Superior Hybrid

It's so hard to find all the superior oil location. :( I'm down to superior elementa, draconid, beast, cursed, and specter oils to find. *sigh

Master Alchemist has pretty much everything. His stock might update as you level up too. I have seen him, but I do have a few more missing. Guess they'll be in treasures in Skellige, as I am yet to explore that fully.

he does not sell superior oils, just enhanced oils and superior potions & bombs.
you HAVE to find the superior oils!

Still haven't found superior draconid oil =/
There is a monster den near 'Cavern'. I found mine there. After killing the golem dispell the illusion. Go a little step further and there's a wall on the left to use aard. And there's a chest with superior draconid oil.

There is a monster den near 'Cavern'. I found mine there. After killing the golem dispell the illusion. Go a little step further and there's a wall on the left to use aard. And there's a chest with superior draconid oil.

Chests have random items though, so it won't be there for everyone. Doesn't matter, I ended up getting it via console commands. Having random loot is the worst idea (esp for important items).

Chests have random items though, so it won't be there for everyone. Doesn't matter, I ended up getting it via console commands. Having random loot is the worst idea (esp for important items).
I think it's worth giving a shot. Chests have random items but not that random. Glad you got it eventually.

This is incorrect regarding the superior oil recipes. They are always in the same (single) location in the game. I have done two playthroughs and found them all in both. Ustandik is quite correct as to the location of the sup drac oil (cavern is a signpost north of novigrad in case you didn't understand what he meant).

I did not bother to test whether the other items in the chests containing oils are random but I would assume they are, however regardless of its contents the oil recipe will always be there.

sup hybrid seems to be showing up in a lot of places though, I'm going to investigate this one some more.

Last edited:
Hey, you guys were right. The superior decoction was in that chest. Guess that confirms that at least some of the stuff is not random. I actually had been to that area before, but missed that hidden wall.

Bless you! That's where it was! :D Turns out that wasn't a random drop. I had cleared the monster den near "Cavern" (NE of Novigrad's Temple Isle) ages ago - including the illusion-protected area and the nook behind the crumbling wall - but apparently I had overlooked the chest containing the Superior Draconid Oil manuscript! No idea how, as I use my witcher senses almost constantly.

THANK YOU!

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone is still having trouble with the superior oils, but I have determined that they are level based drops.

I've checked that cavern to the northeast of temple isle for the superior draconid oil early on in the game but it wasn't in the chest, when I came back after completing the story I was level 35 and it was there.

Likewise, I found the superior hybrid oil in the tower with the griffin silver sword diagram(northwest velen) on new game plus when it wasn't there on my original play through.

The superior beast oil was found on that small island south of fyke isle on new game plus(level 40), but not on the first play through(around level 17).

I still haven't found the superior specter, cursed or elementa oils yet, but I still have a long way to go on new game plus deathmarch, I'll post back if I find another one.

I'll make note now that on a previous play through I found more of those oils after completing the story than before it, but I wasn't at the time taking note of where I found most of them.

I am Level 26 and still missing a few Superior Oils despite knowing exactly where they should be. I am missing Superior versions of Cursed, Specter, Elementa, and Draconoid Oils. Are they really level based? I was picking up some of the other Superior Oils long before I had the enhanced versions. This is my second play through (this time on Death March after 1.08. I am pretty sure I did not have this issue on 1st play through.

I am Level 26 and still missing a few Superior Oils despite knowing exactly where they should be. I am missing Superior versions of Cursed, Specter, Elementa, and Draconoid Oils. Are they really level based? I was picking up some of the other Superior Oils long before I had the enhanced versions. This is my second play through (this time on Death March after 1.08. I am pretty sure I did not have this issue on 1st play through.
UPDATE on my original post... It does seem that some of superior Oils only appear when your character is a certain level. I revisited the locations when I was level 28-29 and they still were not there. However, when I hit level 34 having done everything except final quest, they were suddenly available. Not sure if this is a BUG or ingame design. Either way it kinda sucks, as some of locations are not straight forward and it means you can only have those Oils for the very end of the game.

Top Bottom