Cyberpunk 2077 – Deep Dive Video

+
I dunno I thought the two empty slots on the right were additional clothing slots - head and face probably. So hats, helmets glasses, masks, that sort of stuff. Could be additional cyberware though perhaps.

There's a cyberware tab, that's where our cyberware will be shown.

Also I think that the item in the red circle might be a cyberdeck with 2 daemons installed.

cybertab.jpg

Last edited:
There's a cyberware tab, that's where our cyberware will be shown.

Also I think that the item in the red circle might be a cyberdeck with 2 daemons installed.

View attachment 11014007

I think your right , i can`t find it now but i am sure i saw a pic where it said V had two daemons . It might have been the pic of when V was shopping :shrug:

By the way, there was an animal in the video, although only a chicken that got its head cut off. On top of what looked like the sports section of a newspaper, with what seemed like a very present day looking kitchen scale on a nearby table. :D

I wish I knew enough French to understand what the book at 7:25 says. I Translated what I could from the blurry pages (some words are missing because they were impossible to make out) and got this:
answer: me, I am the dreamer
I'm going slowly teaching the double arch
of your bridges, the bell drops
because scared when I handle
to crush an insect or some humble flower
I steal, passing or sight or crying
because life here on earth always has two things

:ROFLMAO:

By the way, there was an animal in the video, although only a chicken that got its head cut off. On top of what looked like the sports section of a newspaper, with what seemed like a very present day looking kitchen scale on a nearby table. :D

I wish I knew enough French to understand what the book at 7:25 says. I Translated what I could from the blurry pages (some words are missing because they were impossible to make out) and got this:

:ROFLMAO:
'' and I answered : Me, I'm the dreamer .
I'm going (can be slowly but also gently if you wanna be poetic :p) alongside the arch
Of your bridges, (L'oeil baissé is probably a misspell since you can't lower one eye only lol) lowered eyes because I'm scared .
when I walk , to stump an insect or some humble flower .
I gather on my way either the laughter or the (pleur mean crying though hear its singular, so could be a tear?)
because life down here, has always these two things .

hehe hope that help a little ;)

Sure ... for those of us that "speak" hex.
not sure of what you're trying to say, but I can't even use excel formulas (without a tutorial) and I understood how the minigame worksjust by looking at it for those miserable 2 seconds. And I'm definetely not some kind of genius, at all.

not sure of what you're trying to say, but I can't even use excel formulas (without a tutorial) and I understood how the minigame worksjust by looking at it for those miserable 2 seconds. And I'm definetely not some kind of genius, at all.
Not quite sure how to explain this briefly.

There was a time when all computing was 8-bit (a "byte") and split into 2 x 4-bit "nibbles". With 4 bits the largest number you can represent is 15 (1+2+4+8). But to avoid mistakes/confusion rather then using 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15 you used A, B, C, D, E, and F. So you could, and did, use "00" thru "FF" to represent the contents of a byte; there was no confusion at all as to which individual bits are set to "0" or "1". So hexadecimal is the way programmers visualized the contents of a byte.

My comment was more an inside joke between computer nerds then a comment on the minigame, since chances are most non-puter-geeks don't even know what it is, or what it's for.

Last edited:
My feedback:

• This Rockstar’s style cut video doesn’t work for cyberpunk: it’s fine for GTA or RDR because you know already what to expect, but cyberpunk is a new game with deep RPG systems which need proper explaination. You don’t understand much from this video, last year’s demo was perfect. It’s quite clear that you wanted to hide what was criticized during E3 and Gamescom. The post-demo commentary provided very few new info, we already knew almost everything from the last 2 months of interviews.
  • Driving: no idea if it’s good or bad, it was not shown, but driving in FPP would be much easier if it had something that is already in development in real life: augmented reality windshield. It would make perfect sense in cyberpunk and you could use an eye implant as well. So we don’t get distracted to watch the map while driving. We saw it in several games already, just copy it!

• Contextual animations: what was shown was excellent, easy repeatable stuff that maximize immersion and doesn’t slow the game’s pace. The question is: do we have them for picking itmes up and interacting with keypads to open doors, use elevators and alike? In 2018 the answer was no, it would be great if you decide to add a couple of them.
  • Melee and shooting: it doesn’t look bad, but since everybody complained it would be better to see some uncut video, again, you’re hiding too much stuff. I understand you want to improve them before release, but hiding it's not that encouraging from gamers' point of view. It's like bethesda refusing to give review codes before release: you know they want to hide their smelly shit.
  • Sasquatch is a bullet sponge without having any shield or armor. That’s not good design. Royce had his explaination, sasquatch doesn't. But I like the boss fight has 2 phases.
  • Talking about bullet sponges: we don’t know what happens when you meet an high level enemy and THIS.IS.SCARY. We don’t want to see a bazooka dealing no damage only because the little number on enemy’s head says “too high for you”.
  • Lifepath: you added a short description. This is good. Obvious feedback from last year, but you got it. Bravo.
  • Progression system: demo didn’t clarify anything. Journalists say they saw +X% DMG to bullets during the hands-off. That’s terrible. Please reconsider if you can.
  • Demo didn’t point out on the “QTE” with Placide when he grabs V’s hand. That’s a great thing and should have got more highlights, the interactive scene system is not clear from this video. Good thing we have the old demo as well.
  • Loot/gear etc: I LOVE that you guys are keeping in mind the conflicts between gear and look as miles tost said. Please please PLEASE be brave and do it properly without going for the easy classic RPG way. You have the chance to give set the new bar with a fresh immersive system, you are the only ones who can do it. We can’t expect Ubisoft to be a game changer, c’mon. ;) Gear desn’t have levels so far which is excellent! Regarding that, just for little flavour, you could consider better descriptors for gear than epic/legendary. It doesn’t take development time, doesn’t it?
  • Weapon modding sounds how it’s supposed to be. I have good vibes.
  • I love how you made mike pondsmith talk about gangs after the racism accusations (and his answer on reddit)
  • Character creation: I hope you can modify body details or at least choose body type (skinny, normal, muscular, fat). A brief description of stats and what they do would help since respeccing could not be behind the corner.
  • I like that netrunning is a mini-game, I hope it gets easier with stat (INT) instead of being hard gated by it.
  • Crafting is still not clear: what can you do and how you do it?
I agree with pretty much everything here, just wanted to add that the gunplay seemed a bit .. off. Lack of realistic kinetic feedback from NPC models when being hit. Max Payne 3 is a good reference point for how it could ideally look, bearing in mind this is an RPG and not a straigh-up shooter.

I agree with pretty much everything here, just wanted to add that the gunplay seemed a bit .. off. Lack of realistic kinetic feedback from NPC models when being hit. Max Payne 3 is a good reference point for how it could ideally look, bearing in mind this is an RPG and not a straigh-up shooter.
I agree, it didn't look top notch so to say, but I didn't want to stress out on something we didn't clearly see in the demo and be influenced by what the press has said. I mean, I can't assume how bad it is from what, 30 seconds out of 15 minutes? it's not doom eternal for sure, but I can't say if it's better or worse than deus ex manknd revolution (which was not good enough).

because CDPR wants to hide what was criticized by journalists and influencers, namely AI, gunplay, melee and driving.

Its soo obvious. They are clearly not confident in the game and just want to keep the hype up so they can get as much money from preorders. This game is likely going to be a total mess.

I assume that adding more presets to character customization will not be a big deal for the devs. So no worries here. I already wrote about the skills earlier (basically all the skills are more or less combat-related), but I also have other issues with the presentation:
- no armors, only clothing available? Hmmm...
- Johnny does not look like Keanu at all. Perhaps this is a game version where Keanu was still a big secret, that's why there is no similarity. If not, then it should be corrected.
- Graphics, especially NPC's, are kind of meh.
- HUD overlay makes everything looks kind of bad. I hope that it will be configurable.
- Three slots for weapons - I'm assuming that "immersion" does no longer apply here, and V can hold a grenade launcher in his pants?

Don't get me wrong - I'm still hyped for the game. I think it looks great, it feels great and it will be a big success. It's just easier for me to write down the stuff I don't like very much.

I assume that adding more presets to character customization will not be a big deal for the devs. So no worries here. I already wrote about the skills earlier (basically all the skills are more or less combat-related), but I also have other issues with the presentation:
- no armors, only clothing available? Hmmm...
- Johnny does not look like Keanu at all. Perhaps this is a game version where Keanu was still a big secret, that's why there is no similarity. If not, then it should be corrected.
- Graphics, especially NPC's, are kind of meh.
- HUD overlay makes everything looks kind of bad. I hope that it will be configurable.
- Three slots for weapons - I'm assuming that "immersion" does no longer apply here, and V can hold a grenade launcher in his pants?

Don't get me wrong - I'm still hyped for the game. I think it looks great, it feels great and it will be a big success. It's just easier for me to write down the stuff I don't like very much.

I want armors too and I think we might have them later in the game.
I hope that we're not going to spend the entire game fighting against people with guns, maybe later we'll have to deal with Mechs, tanks, battle helicopters (we saw one already).

I read a twit by a dev who said that the HUD colors cannot be tweaked, we'll be able to turn some things off I guess but not tweak the appearance.

Last year in the 2018 demo there were 4 weapon slots.

I want armors too and I think we might have them later in the game.
The "problem" with armor is how people (i.e. NPCs) react to it.

You see a cop or security guard in armor you instinctively avoid them and are reluctant to even speak to them unless you have to. Don't you think most people would be VERY suspicious of a character running around in visible body armor? The same applies for rifles and especially heavy weapons (i.e. a machinegun or grenade launcher).

If NPCs just ignore the fact that your character is kitted out for WW III this is totally immersion breaking.

If NPCs just ignore the fact that your character is kitted out for WW III this is totally immersion breaking.

But here you are assuming that Armor is a vest or a visible item, distinct from a jacket or large coat. But Armored clothing would be a thing. To blend in but give protection, I am think matrix type long coat, or even V leather jacket could be aromred-up. If they can put an AM/FM radio in my head, they had better be able to bulletproof my Wal-mart polyester jacket, the one with velcro pockets and tuck away hoodie.

But here you are assuming that Armor is a vest or a visible item, distinct from a jacket or large coat. But Armored clothing would be a thing. To blend in but give protection, I am think matrix type long coat, or even V leather jacket could be aromred-up. If they can put an AM/FM radio in my head, they had better be able to bulletproof my Wal-mart polyester jacket, the one with velcro pockets and tuck away hoodie.
Ummm ... what do you think the "Samauri" jacket is?
Those stats is has are armor.

Top Bottom