8.5 Patch Notes

+
Kinda crazy to me how they decided to buff Myrgtabrakke, which was already a pretty awesome neutral card to absolutely straight 9 for 7, yet we have Milaen over here, at 8 for 9... I know Myrg is coming back to my Schirru deck now.

And yeah, thanks for Invigorate buff, because none of the other changes to ST mean anything, and Invigorate buff MIGHT mean something only to the new ST players, because I don't think it's going to make it very playable at higher levels anyway.

Lexor

Forum veteran
What about the fix to number of faction matches / MMR not updating in game Play menu till I restart the game?

Yay more neutral tutors! When are they going to buff Oniero to keep up? </sarcasm>

:)

I like most of these changes at least on paper. I am honestly a little nervous about the "new" tutors. Is not having every card you want rd1 every time really that prohibitive that they need to keep adding these?

I don't like Miruna change, it is still random. This would be better
"Deathwish:Seize highest enemy unit with 4 or less power."
And i created a topic talking about it and almost everyone agreed with this idea. But i think devs doenst read they're own forum

But, at least, they agreed miruna needs a buf and did it

That's a lot of changes. Some good, some bad, some scarry, some random. :think:

Cursed Scroll - i don't like this, it's literary 1 more Viy.
Iris' Companions - cool idea, more of these pls.
Foglet - i'm glad he does something with weather, but isn't it a bit too much? Ancient Foglet is great tho.
Cyclops - finaly!
Eist - i don't like that he wasn't properly nerfed, and i don't agree with their reasoning - it's uninteractive nuke, that's bad design no matter how obvious that play is.
Eldain - where are the nerfs to Eldain? He should not transform all traps on Deploy.
Bear Quatermaster - why are you taking away part of the skill requirements?
Foltest and Meve - amazing changes, love it!
P.F.I. - good rework.
Invigorate - still terrible. Why are you even sticking with this design?
Masquerade Ball - FINALY! It only took a year and a half.
Combat Engineer - why the hell are you sticking with this design?
Whoreson - i think my suggestion was better (Profit 6 and decrease profit by the damage dealt).
Pirate's Cove - really good change! It might not be great, but at least it's different than the rest.

Kinda crazy to me how they decided to buff Myrgtabrakke, which was already a pretty awesome neutral card to absolutely straight 9 for 7, yet we have Milaen over here, at 8 for 9... I know Myrg is coming back to my Schirru deck now.

And yeah, thanks for Invigorate buff, because none of the other changes to ST mean anything, and Invigorate buff MIGHT mean something only to the new ST players, because I don't think it's going to make it very playable at higher levels anyway.

Myrgtabrakke ist just a 9 for 7. Do not consider him to be too strong. Of course you can use his damages for decks like Shirru or Revenants. But we live in times of 9 for 6. So 9 for 7 fits. Actually also Milaen should be buffed according to current power level.

In fact Masquerade Ball decks had a winrate below 50%, despite their popularity.

Now NG is most probably the worst faction again (together with SY maybe).
Kolgrim decks are quite bad, toxic anyway and totally vunerable to Yrden.
The small Soldier buff doesn't make the archetype viable.

All SY Leader abilities should have been buffed except for LP, not only Pirate Cove. They were/are all underwhelming compared to Lined Pockets.

Myrgtabrakke was not good. Usually you want cards which can kill some engine instead. 2 dmg doesn't help much.

What do you mean that it only works at 5, not a 4? He is a downside Adrenaline 3, that's means you can't play him as 4 last card from hand if you want to avoid Adrenaline effect. That's how Adrenaline works...
It means playing him as 5th last card already triggers Adrenaline.

Contrary to the claims otherwise, the patch focuses on other factions more than NR. ST also came out poorly this patch. Single most disappointing realization for myself as a NR main.
I don't see how the balance patch will move the needle much in regards to the meta. The only significant buffs seem to have gone to MO weather. The only significant nerfs, to NG's ball, and SY safecracker. Honorable mention to Coral, who I think might be a good flex card now and Meve, who becomes a credible more resilient threat.
Its aggravating that the provisions of both Double Cross and Lined Pockets were not touched. Even if CDPR plans to buff other leaders in the coming patches, those two leader abilities are dominating their factions, and in my opinion deserve provision nerfs, as CDPR was quick to give to NR's shieldwall and even uprising. Double Cross is, if I'm not mistaken, the only leader that still plays two cards in one turn not including a token or spell. Lined pockets was buffed prior to the SY crime buffs as a whole, so is supercharged.
On a positive note, nice flavor added to some cards. Particularly to Iris Companions and Dandelion Vainglory. Don't see them entering the competitive meta, but do see them being played once in a blue moon now.
The leader card balancing still needs some work. They nerf cleaver in one of the weakest ways possible by removing the armor, but buff Junior to broken territory. He needed a buff, but giving him 6 unconditional removal with insanity is too much and ironically means he pretty much deletes all other leader cards in one turn. Foltest certainly didn't need the power nerf. I would've preferred he stay at 7 power outside of most single card removal range, and cost 12 provisions. His new ability is buff enough to justify the cost in my opinion. Eldain's ability needed to be capped to affect 3 traps at most, with a devotion boost of maybe 1-2 more artifacts. Eist's could have remained at bloodthirst 2, but what really needed to be changed is his ability text to "first time each turn a SK unit enters the graveyard" preventing single turn double proc with blaze of glory.
Finally, I'm disappointed that many cards remained untouched. Among others: Coup has for a while now been very powerful. I think its fair its provision buff was reverted back to 10 or better yet its damage reduced back down to 2, so its deathblow is something you have to work for outside of devotion. For having made such a big deal of not being able to play gold cards above 9 provisions more than once, with changes to Renew and Blue Dream, Joachim (10 prov) remains an exception, with double, triple, maybe even quadruple Joachim' being played, in the same round no less. Nice consistency there. Drill could at least have been row locked to benefit from crownsplitter adjacency damage (so it could still be played on range, but at 1 damage per fee). Traps' spring abilities should be conditional on having a unit on the battlefield (particularly for Serpent, which on first play is a predatory dive with order right now).

Myrgtabrakke ist just a 9 for 7. Do not consider him to be too strong. Of course you can use his damages for decks like Shirru or Revenants. But we live in times of 9 for 6. So 9 for 7 fits. Actually also Milaen should be buffed according to current power level.
I don't consider it to be "too strong." I said it seemed crazy that they would buff a neutral card like this out of nowhere, which wasn't bad to begin with at 8 for 8, but leave Milaen - a "faction card" - as is at 8 for 9. Meanwhile, in these supposedly "new times," Yarpen was just "buffed" to 9(10) for 9. And don't underestimate the utility of hitting 2 units by 2. It's actually a lot more useful than Milaen's 4x1 or 1x4.

By the way.
No any even tiiiny change to Triss cards in favor of the new Journey?
Ehhh. What a shame. :-/
Agreed especially Triss Butterflies is in desperate need of a Rework, Hailstorm also needs a huge buff to become playable, Triss TK is fine and the normal Triss Card is still useful for hyperthin Decks.

DRK3

Forum veteran
The land of a thousand fables rework makes it one of the most interesting cards regarding 'meme potential'.

I just took a quick look at some of the possibilities, particularly with echo cards to not lose value:

With the provision change to Regis, there will be no single neutral unit at 13 provisions, so i dont know what happens when you try to use it on Oneiro.

Only SK and NR have really expensive echoes - Blood Eagle will give either a Harald or Hemdall, and NR will give a draug guaranteed.

All other echo cards are 9pr and at that range there are too many possibilities, with terrible options on all 4 of those factions, so in those instances, its very RNG dependent like Master Mirror.

Such a non-committal changes to ST. It is disheartening to see even SK to get so many buffs and ST getting a hard snub in this patch. Hopefully in the next patch ST will get a fair share of buffs. Except for the Invigorate change nothing in this patch is any good to ST player. The Oak buff should have been on provision and not on the power. I kind of felt that Slama was very indifferent when he discussed about ST buffs in the patch notes and I can see why. Why the hell Waters of Brokilon is 12P in this era?

BTW, why the hell they decided to buff Miruna who was already bloody powerful and with the bloody buff to the strategem, it is going to be broken as hell already with the buff.

At least I can mess with Invigorate for this patch till something meaningful happens to ST in the next patch.
I agree with you 100 percent . It seems like the powers that be have something against SC. Always keeping them at mid to bottom tier. Where as they make it a priority to keep SK tier 1 even after a nerf. They also want to keep MO good to tier 1 except for wild hunt and vampires.Look at how quick they nerfed SY while exist nerf is a joke or a buff with reckless furry. Everybody knows ST is not tier 1 and they haven't been a long time. Feels bad man.😭

Top Bottom