1.5 Visual Tech Analysis

+
At this point it sounds like a (V)RAM issue. How much spare memory (both system and memory) do you have while gaming?
dunno, usually system ram is about 18/20% used from 16gb according to the task manager, of course without CP2077 loaded

RTAO still blots out destructible barriers as with previous releases.
20220216092124_1.jpg

Which DLSS mode would you recommend for 1440p? I'm struggling between keeping it at Quality or going one level lower to balanced. Also, which sharpening levels are you guys using/recommending?

Quality is the best for 1440p but I use Balanced with Sharpening at 0.35 to keep using Psycho (full global illumination) raytracing in 1.5.

Quality is the best for 1440p but I use Balanced with Sharpening at 0.35 to keep using Psycho (full global illumination) raytracing in 1.5.
Have you tried running with only RT reflections and Shadows? They've really gone to town on dialing things in. All the material in the game are setup for RT, so running those two without the lighting will net you a lot of performance and much of the lighting in open world situations, especially since you've been running Psycho. It's mostly the AO you're missing during the day. You should be able to run 4k Balanced or even Quality turning RT lighting off - it's the heaviest feature to render. I won't lie; It is pretty... but the jump from Ultra to Psycho is rarely distinguishable.

SSR/GI
20220216113605_1.jpg

RT Relections/Shadows
20220216113614_1.jpg

RT Psycho
20220216113621_1.jpg

Depends on where you are i think. psyco used too give reflections on "everything" not that sure now.
Psycho what? RT? Psycho RT only provides a GI bounce and better final render. Sure it depends where you are, you need a direct light hit to create a bounce, but even then you largely have to look for it. Honestly; It's resolution profile is a more visible feature than GI from what I've seen. Higher res means less visible denoising as it can solve the difference between light and dark more easily.

Psycho what? RT? Psycho RT only provides a GI bounce and better final render. Sure it depends where you are, you need a direct light hit to create a bounce, but even then you largely have to look for it. Honestly; It's resolution profile is a more visible feature than GI from what I've seen. Higher res means less visible denoising as it can solve the difference between light and dark more easily.
Not sure, have not read up that much on it. But it used too be that ultra gave very non detailed reflections and not on as menny surfaces as psycho did. Not that sure nowdays since they have changed it quite a bit. If thats because resolutions or not i dont know.

Not sure, have not read up that much on it. But it used too be that ultra gave very non detailed reflections and not on as menny surfaces as psycho did. Not that sure nowdays since they have changed it quite a bit. If thats because resolutions or not i dont know.
Mmmm, I don't follow... Ultra gives you increased local and global diffuse lighting plus the unlisted feature of rendering at a higher resolution. Each step in RT lighting in this game renders at higher resolution, this is where the real stress between each level comes from. If you check this out in right setting, the small tent village next to Lizzie's for example, you will see the denoising decrease with each step upward at the same DLSS level in the far corner.

Psycho has the heaviest impact with the least amount of 'wowy'. It's is a nice feature when you can see it. It provides greater color accuracy of the engine GI system, but not much when weighing it's cost. You can immediately notice Ultra from Medium... given there is a strong local diffuse source. The greatest change alone come from no RT to Medium though. If we science this out in BabaBooey's Bing Bing Wahoo Lab, we can clearly see it produces least wowies per compute.

Each is of course scene dependent, mostly, as the calculations are already running once you turn RT on, it's why the initial cost of turning on feature X on top of feature Y seem so small - the added cost comes from rendering, not calculation, at that specific resolution.

These are from 1.31
No RT
20220126031938_1.jpg
Medium -11% addition to RT cost
20220126031943_1.jpg
Ultra -15% to the previously incurred cost
20220126031948_1.jpg
Psycho -20 to 30% to the previously incurred cost
20220126031953_1.jpg

I meen glas/water surfaces reflections. Not the light bounce(well technicaly thats the same thing just surface differance but you know...). V never reflects but other stuff do. The differance between ultra/psycho used too be in reflection on puddles and so on (im sure it was more then that but the easiest too see differance).

I meen glas/water surfaces reflections. Not the light bounce(well technicaly thats the same thing just surface differance but you know...). V never reflects but other stuff do. The differance between ultra/psycho used too be in reflection on puddles and so on (im sure it was more then that but the easiest too see differance).
You mean SSR? Yeah, there's a big difference there. I dunno about now; I'm not recommending using SSR. HEEEEELLLLL NO. These cars deserve RT Reflections. The base cubemaps look like crap and SSR is... serviceable at best. It's hard to say what's the issue with that. I think they're intentionally stretching the SSR to give the streets that "wet city" look. Use RT Reflections and Shadows. If you must, and I often do, use Medium RT Lighting. Sometimes Ultra stands out, but not often.

You mean SSR? Yeah, there's a big difference there. I dunno about now; I'm not recommending using SSR. HEEEEELLLLL NO. These cars deserve RT Reflections. The base cubemaps look like crap and SSR is... serviceable at best. It's hard to say what's the issue with that. I think they're intentionally stretching the SSR to give the streets that "wet city" look. Use RT Reflections and Shadows. If you must, and I often do, use Medium RT Lighting. Sometimes Ultra stands out, but not often.
So i just tested some. Reflections is just the slider now it seems on/off. used too be tied too the ultra/psycho settings last i tested around(quality and how much reflections/what reflected). now it seems it does nothing on glas surface reflections or any other reflections that i can see. i generaly set both SSR and RT on psycho tho since i think RT overwrights the other if im not misstaken. So it seems i was totaly wrong on location matters for RT Ultra/psycho.

...but the jump from Ultra to Psycho is rarely distinguishable.
I created a comparison for 1.31 back then:
So i just tested some. Reflections is just the slider now it seems on/off. used too be tied too the ultra/psycho settings last i tested around(quality and how much reflections/what reflected).
No, Psycho only affected GI, this has not been changed. Look at Digital Foundries optimised settings:

I wonder if there's a way to roll back RT shadows changes, to make it sun only again.
Hmm, maybe a *.ini tweak could help, not sure though.

I created a comparison for 1.31 back then:

No, Psycho only affected GI, this has not been changed. Look at Digital Foundries optimised settings:
Wow am i mixing it up with something then? Could have sworn it affected more then GI sometime before... Oh well seems im totaly misstaken then. Perhaps it could be worth it too lower the settings if they pretty much do very little. On the otherhand gfx is one of the things this game really got going so i might just keep em maxxed out ^^

On the otherhand gfx is one of the things this game really got going so i might just keep em maxxed out ^^
1645046373216.png

I feel ya, I truly do. After 1.31 I almost activated Psycho settings but then opted against it. Now, I'm on the fence whether or not I should switch to DLSS Balanced, but Quality looks just better. Problem is my resolution is 5120x1440, so DLSS levels are more noticable even though I have almost as many pixels (88%-ish) as 4k, the resolution itself "suffers" more from DLSS than 2160p.

Yea im on performance already so cant go any lower. This patch has got me from a pretty steady 60-70 fps too dips into the 40s -.- looks great tho but...

Yea im on performance already so cant go any lower. This patch has got me from a pretty steady 60-70 fps too dips into the 40s -.- looks great tho but...
When's the last time you did a system sweep for loose data and errors? Downloads, temp files, registry clean, etc. Give it a try, it helped me recently. The game is...the game though.
Post automatically merged:

@DC9V Cheri isn't casting shadows because the light's specs have been altered. Not sure if it's a bug or by design. Will raise the issue with support after collating more instances. There are lights all over the city that aren't casting shadows, which breaks RT.

Last edited:
When's the last time you did a system sweep for loose data and errors? Downloads, temp files, registry clean, etc. Give it a try, it helped me recently. The game is...the game though.
Post automatically merged:

@DC9V Cheri isn't casting shadows because the light's specs have been altered. Not sure if it's a bug or by design. Will raise the issue with support after collating more instances. There are lights all over the city that aren't casting shadows, which breaks RT.

Do you know if this was here before? Lake park next to the japanese pond. I dont remember it. Never used mods.

photomode_16022022_222800.png

photomode_16022022_224505.png

I don't think this is normal. Performance degradation with 1.5 can get up to 40% which is massive to say the least. It's inconsistent, which means at one time you can get 6 fps loss while at other your fps might be almost halved. Also none RT card owners report performance issues as well which suggests that problems might not be related to changes in RT pipeline.

Top Bottom