1.7 getting real close?

+
I said October months ago, so I was prepared for this news (26-9-2023). I thought they wouldn't give us much more information today. Watching the trailer I think we will live a good story again. We still don't know if this expansion will change the end of the base game. Maybe V has a chance of healing. There are still months of marketing and conferences publicising the scope of PL. Well, comrades, we just have to wait 3 more months.

70 sounds kinda low tbh, its 65 gb now. Might be more space saving in the base game comming in 1.7/PL i guess but i was execting atleast 90..
That space requirement is only for PL though, no? So it would be in excess of that in total, no? Am I misunderstanding?

September an beyond for quite awhile looks to be booked up.

A play through or 4 of starfield then some PL.

Im going to need to stock up on food, water an man nappies

Why is it so much bigger than ps5? It doesn't say how big it is on ps5 (PL).
No idea, that's the numbers displayed on Xbox store (always accurate as far as I know).
The game curently installed on my console : 63.2GB
Phantom Liberty : 29.57GB
Total > 92.77GB

So the announced 93GB for the bundle (game+PL) seem quite accurate :)

I think the 70GB on PC is for the base game, because it was for "New minimum Requirements" for the next update.

So my Guess is like 70GB with the update, then another 25-30 For expansion making 100 total. Just a guess but if I'm understanding correctly it should be close to that.

PlayStation is probably close to the same as Xbox and PC, unless there is something PlayStation specific (Tech issues or features) that require more space.

Counterpoint: it would be almost three years after release, so people who would really want to buy it would buy it at any date.
I really hope that they've picked that date because they treat the matter really seriously, take their time to iron out everything and that they want the release to go as smoothly as possible - and not because of some other reason.
Not much time to iron much out of there are massive issues. Tour just seems like a massive marketing hype. Any issues will probably be fixed after release. Delaying it to fix things would really sour people's opinions on their development

Counterpoint: it would be almost three years after release, so people who would really want to buy it would buy it at any date.
I really hope that they've picked that date because they treat the matter really seriously, take their time to iron out everything and that they want the release to go as smoothly as possible - and not because of some other reason.
Surely, but is that a great deal of people? I'm not certain. We'll see how the sell this to the public.

It is what it is and if this being released just after Starfield is that unavoidable then so be it. I don't have a stake in that fight myself, but my brother and quite a few of our mutual friends do. This game, how it panned out and why, is still brought up in meetings to this day. Publishers got the impression they could do what they want and marketing is all that matters, while devs argued that the IP is damaged and the whole thing could have been avoided.

Reality is this is an argument that will rage on, but how CDPR proceeds and what is produces can have an impact. If the final state of the game is grossly overshadowed by another game that releases broken then it's a card in someone's deck is all.

These changes will take effect following the next update to the base game, no earlier than 90 days, and also apply to Phantom Liberty.

That wording gets me wondering though. "...following the next update...." Does that mean those changes to specs come at the same time as the update, or after it? Because for some reason it hints me more to the latter...

That wording gets me wondering though. "...following the next update...." Does that mean those changes to specs come at the same time as the update, or after it? Because for some reason it hints me more to the latter...

They apply to 1.7 (or whatever it will be called). And will also apply to Phantom Liberty. So when the next patch drops (which sounds like it will be right before Phantom Liberty or right at the same time... because 90 days from now is almost the release date) then the requirements will go up.

Top Bottom