"10/10" Contract Guide (May '19 - Viper rules)

+
https://www.playgwent.com/en/decks/guides/16642

TLDR: Flood with Daerlan -- boost with NG stuff and yen. Guide link posted above

I've been wanting to get this one out of the way for a while, but lacked the necessary Monster cards to do it (saw it in some reddit post from 2018). Also, everything just seemed to fall short of getting 10 units to 10 with just 10 cards in hand.

However, after a playing NG this season (to get that sweet Jan exp boost), I thought about the viper vitality boost, which ended up being enough to push everything over the edge and finally complete this for that sweet 1 reward point.

The deck list speaks for itself, but I wrote a mini guide alongside it if you want to read my rationale. The deck has a lot of room for editing, so don't feel like you need exactly everything up there. There's still plenty of time in the season to finish it, it only took me about 4-5 tries before I had the two required conditions:

1. Drawing a hand that could complete the task.
2. Finding an opponent who wasn't aggressively trying to remove everything I put onto the board.

Good luck!

DRK3

Forum veteran
So, this month/ season it's my turn to make a guide for this contract.

It always bothered me when i checked the not completed contracts, there were these 3 in the beginning:
-10/10 - control 10 units with 10 power
-Overkill - win a round over 100pts more than your opponent
-destroy a unit of 50pts or more (still havent done this one...)

In this month's season, it can be done way more easily in seasonal than in regular modes, so take the opportunity and do both of these.

I've done it with Arachas (but leader was Woodland Spirit).

You'll want to do this in R2, after losing R1 and your opponent passes, otherwise it would take a miracle for your opponent not to ruin it. The cards you'll need in hand are:

-Arachas spell (put in front row, not ranged, ill explain later why. 8 arachas x1)
-Arachas Behemot on front row - now you should have 9arachas x2
-Zoltan Scoundrel on ranged, buff arachas row twice (they should be 9arachas at 6pts now)
-Whispering Hillock on Zoltan, for another buff, 9arachas x 8pts (you can tutor hillock with that gold version of crone)
NOTE: Hillock will spawn twice, so you need to have any other unit on ranged row to consume, to not mess the 9 arachas on front row
- Use Yennefer with Leader ability on Ranged row to buff everyone by 2. DONE! (you should have 9 arachas and yen at 10 pts, contracts complete!)

10-10 Contract and 100Pts Over Contract.jpg

This is how i did it, it was a less optimized version that added 2/3 steps because i was killing Zoltan with Griffin, so i could Renew him next, and then also had to use a 2pt unit with leader ability... just use Yennefer and you can skip these steps!

Thanks to my patient opponent, who watched patiently. You're welcome for the free win :cool:

Top Bottom