[2.1 BUG] audio partially absent - combat and breach protocol music do not play

+
Since today the combat music does not start when entering combat. I first noticed that the music was also absent when breaching devices/jacking in. Especially the lack of music during combat scenes is frustrating, since it makes all the combat less intense and hollow

However, music from the radio and ambient music (out of combat) are still working

Just another bug since 2.1 was released.. didn't experience any issues in the previous version of the game :(

Last edited:
same problem here. Just suddenly stopped working. Only fix I saw is to start a new game, which I obviously wanna avoid

same problem here. Just suddenly stopped working. Only fix I saw is to start a new game, which I obviously wanna avoid
Loading back to an earlier save doesn't work either. The issues persist regardless, even the first save I made on my current playthrough (200+ hours) had the audio missing. Considering how far into the story I am, starting over is not an option so I am really hoping CDPR fixes this bug (& the other bugs that are impacting the enjoyment of the game)

Last edited:
Loading back to an earlier save doesn't work either. The issues persist regardless, even the first save I made on my current playthrough (200+ hours) had the audio missing. Considering how far into the story I am, starting over is not an option so I am really hoping CDPR fixes this bug (& the other bugs that are impacting the enjoyment of the game)
Yep. Loading an earlier save doesn't fix it. I am just 6 hours into my current save. While annoying, I guess I will start a new game but I fear that the bug will occur again. I also hope this will be fixed soon.
Can anyone confirm that stating a new game actually fixes the problem? I'd hate going through the whole prologue again and then it doesn't work. It's so weird how it just suddenly happened. I just reloaded a save and boom no more combat music.

Oddly enough, while some NCPD hustles seem to have combat music at least one Cyberpsycho thing (Lt. Mower) doesn't...

They also need to patch the melee finishers not working

Yep. Loading an earlier save doesn't fix it. I am just 6 hours into my current save. While annoying, I guess I will start a new game but I fear that the bug will occur again. I also hope this will be fixed soon.
Can anyone confirm that stating a new game actually fixes the problem? I'd hate going through the whole prologue again and then it doesn't work. It's so weird how it just suddenly happened. I just reloaded a save and boom no more combat music.

Oddly enough, while some NCPD hustles seem to have combat music at least one Cyberpsycho thing (Lt. Mower) doesn't...

They also need to patch the melee finishers not working
I am not sure if starting over will fix it, since it just happened to me as well and I cannot pinpoint what could have caused since I wasn't doing anything that I haven't done in my 200+ hour playthrough. But if you are only 6 hours in it is definitely worth a try.

Also, in my experience the combat music only appears when I get four star or more NCPD heat, which another user noticed in a different thread as well.

For me personally, this is the most annoying bug to date and 2.1 broke my netrunner build so that's saying something

I am not sure if starting over will fix it, since it just happened to me as well and I cannot pinpoint what could have caused since I wasn't doing anything that I haven't done in my 200+ hour playthrough. But if you are only 6 hours in it is definitely worth a try.

Also, in my experience the combat music only appears when I get four star or more NCPD heat, which another user noticed in a different thread as well.

For me personally, this is the most annoying bug to date and 2.1 broke my netrunner build so that's saying something
The worst part is, after looking at some gameply I am no longer even sure if combat music played before in every fight.

Looking at a video with a police chase, the music only starts at wanted level 3 and escalates from there. And looking at the recent playthrough of a youtuber (
) it seems as if there is music during NCPD hustles but not during combat with random enemies on the street.

I feel like I'm going crazy. I could've sworn there was music in every fight before but from what I see in the videos, there isn't
Post automatically merged:

For example, in this video at the 20:30 mark, he is fighting some random enemies on the street (no NCPD hustle) and there is no music:

However in the same video at the 25:25 mark he is fighting in an NCPD hustle and there is combat music:

And here is an example of the escalating police chase music (no music until lvl 3):

Last edited:
The worst part is, after looking at some gameply I am no longer even sure if combat music played before in every fight.

Looking at a video with a police chase, the music only starts at wanted level 3 and escalates from there. And looking at the recent playthrough of a youtuber (
) it seems as if there is music during NCPD hustles but not during combat with random enemies on the street.

I feel like I'm going crazy. I could've sworn there was music in every fight before but from what I see in the videos, there isn't

For example, in this video at the 20:30 mark, he is fighting some random enemies on the street (no NCPD hustle) and there is no music:

However in the same video at the 25:25 mark he is fighting in an NCPD hustle and there is combat music:

And here is an example of the escalating police chase music (no music until lvl 3):
I was wondering about this myself. However, when I perform the breaching protocol (mini game) by jacking into a device there is no music either, literally dead silent. I know for a fact that used to exist

I do think if anything the combat music would play more often than is currently happening because now I rarely hear it (only when I reach a certain high heat level, which never happens to me btw)

I was wondering about this myself. However, when I perform the breaching protocol (mini game) by jacking into a device there is no music either, literally dead silent. I know for a fact that used to exist

I do think if anything the combat music would play more often than is currently happening because now I rarely hear it (only when I reach a certain high heat level, which never happens to me btw)
Yeah it's really weird. Looking at some gameplay of the Lt. Mower Cyperpsycho encounter, some videos have combat music and some don't.

This one does:

This one doesn't:

The main difference being the second is from update 2.0. Which seems to confirm that this is a bug that came with the 2.0 update.

I am therefore not sure that starting a new game will fix the issue (as you suggested). I will test the breach protocol thing as well when I get home

Yeah it's really weird. Looking at some gameplay of the Lt. Mower Cyperpsycho encounter, some videos have combat music and some don't.

This one does:

This one doesn't:

The main difference being the second is from update 2.0. Which seems to confirm that this is a bug that came with the 2.0 update.

I am therefore not sure that starting a new game will fix the issue (as you suggested). I will test the breach protocol thing as well when I get home
let me know if you notice anything :cool:

let me know if you notice anything :cool:
Did some more testing and I'm more confused than ever.

Now the music for the Lt. Mower encounter plays correctly most of the time. Sometimes it still bugged out though. No idea what exactly causes it to not play.

I have not experienced the missing music in the hacking minigame however.

I am very certain that this is a bug and that starting a new game wouldn't fix anything.

Comparing scenes from the videos I posted with my own games, it seems like music is mostly playing where it should (NCPD hustles, main missions and at wanted level 3 and up).
Some triggers are bugged (only tested with the psycho encounter) but this doesn't warrant a restart of the game.

It's weird. I hope they will adress this as there's clearly something fucky going on but for now I think I'll just continue playing

Comparing scenes from the videos I posted with my own games, it seems like music is mostly playing where it should (NCPD hustles, main missions and at wanted level 3 and up).
Some triggers are bugged (only tested with the psycho encounter) but this doesn't warrant a restart of the game.

It's weird. I hope they will adress this as there's clearly something fucky going on but for now I think I'll just continue playing

Odd that breaching protocol is still working on your end, but glad to hear as well hope it doesn't deteriorate.

So far I have only done one main mission after noticing the bug, but it didn't contain any combat for me to test it out. Scripted music during a conversation did play however

The 2.1 additions are all sorts of messed up:
Radioport sometimes stops completely working, subtitles for radio hosts are missing now, when going into Megabuilding- the radio cuts off even though the icon for it is still accessible.

-Also, the weapon inspect animations sometimes completely stop working randomly (you can´t activate them).
-Music in clubs- mainly in Totentanz is very quiet after 2.1.
-Not to mention the sonic tracing, finishers, gun in hand when looking in the mirror and V´s glitch effect missing in the inventory screen.

Hopefully this and more gets all fixed in the next patch. It´s very obvious 2.1 was just rushed out the door without sufficient testing.

Last edited:
Hum... I could be wrong but I think it's tied how "music" works in the game and not a bug (like that since relase).

It all depend in which location you are and you figth.
- If you are in a location in which there is an ambiant music like in GIG, NCPD Scanner hustlers or quests areas (gangs/corpos/... musics), a combat music is played during the fight (accordingly with the enemies you fight).
- But if you are in a "random" location without any ambiant music like on street, there is no combat music played.

This is exactly what happen in both videos, the first one it's a random location with no music (so no combat music played) and the second it's a NCPD Scanner Hustles location which have an ambiant music (Maelstromers ambiant soundtrack) so the "related" combat music is played (Maelstomers combat soundtrack).
In short, if you fight random gangoons in middle of nowhere, no combat music will be played.

v2.1 messed up music in general. Music sometimes becomes louder or quitter after entering/exiting combat. That includes radio, too. Usually, my radio volume is set to 80%. Sometimes, after the combat (i.e., switching from radio player to combat music and vice-versa), the radio is so loud that I'm dropping the volume down to 30%. At other times, I have to boost the radio volume up to 100%, and it is still quiet.

- If you are in a location in which there is an ambiant music like in GIG, NCPD Scanner hustlers or quests areas (gangs/corpos/... musics), a combat music is played during the fight (accordingly with the enemies you fight).

On my saves the ambient music turns off when entering combat and is replaced with nothing, but I really started to notice once my breach protocol didn't have the usual music during the mini-game.

I might be wrong but if I recall correctly combat music wasn't a rare occurrence in 2.0, at least not for me. I mean there is even a mod to remove it from the game since people found it to be annoying

Another thing I noticed is that ambient music now sometimes blends into the breaching mini game

Last edited:
On my saves the ambient music turns off when entering combat and is replaced with nothing, but I really started to notice once my breach protocol didn't have the usual music during the mini-game.

I might be wrong but if I recall correctly combat music wasn't a rare occurrence in 2.0, at least not for me. I mean there is even a mod to remove it from the game since people found it to be annoying
Just to be sure, by "ambient" soundtrack I mean like this one for Valentinos (but each gangs have its own, Wraiths, Arasaka and Militech included*). This one is played in each location where there is Valentinos (GIGs, quests, NCPD Scanner Hustles)
Which is replaced by this one, the combat soundtrack when you're in open combat.
If you have the ambient soundtrack but the combat soundtrack is not played when entering in combat, it's likely a bug ;)

As far as I remember, in locations where there is no "gang ambient" soundtrack (like on the first video you posted), I don't think any "combat soundtrack" is played during fights. But I could be wrong because since release I mostly play "stealth" so ideally I always avoided open combat and in 2.0/2.1 I mostly played with Sandevistan, so enemies died before even entering in combat :)

*just few other examples of ambient/combat soundtracks (first part > ambient, second > combat)

Last edited:
Just to be sure, by "ambient" soundtrack I mean like this one for Valentinos (but each gangs have its own, Wraiths, Arasaka and Militech included*). This one is played in each location where there is Valentinos (GIGs, quests, NCPD Scanner Hustles)
Which is replaced by this one, the combat soundtrack when you're in open combat.
If you have the ambient soundtrack but the combat soundtrack is not played when entering in combat, it's likely a bug ;)

As far as I remember, in locations where there is no "gang ambient" soundtrack (like on the first video you posted), I don't think any "combat soundtrack" is played during fights. But I could be wrong because since release I mostly play "stealth" so ideally I always avoided open combat and in 2.0/2.1 I mostly played with Sandevistan, so enemies died before even entering in combat :)

*just few other examples of ambient/combat soundtracks (first part > ambient, second > combat)
You know what. This actually makes a lot of sense and might be an explanation.

However, it's still weird how some music sometimes does and sometimes doesn't trigger. Like the combat music of the Cyberpsycho sighting I mentioned.
I can try to make a video of it tomorrow

Another thing I noticed is that ambient music now sometimes blends into the breaching mini game
Could you post a video or something that shows the bug in the breach protocol or during fights? I just wanna make sure I understand correctly, especially the breach protocoll one. Then I can make sure to keep an eye (or rather ear) open if it happens to me

However, it's still weird how some music sometimes does and sometimes doesn't trigger. Like the combat music of the Cyberpsycho sighting I mentioned.

Could you post a video or something that shows the bug in the breach protocol or during fights? I just wanna make sure I understand correctly, especially the breach protocoll one. Then I can make sure to keep an eye (or rather ear) open if it happens to me
Not really sure how I would do that, haven't done that before. But it's exactly like doing the mini-game with music volume to 0 I think? Or instead of hearing the music that belongs to that mini-game the ambient music just keeps on playing through it, which also happens

Last edited:

Yeah, in the Badlands, it's rather easy to find the "invisible" boundaries of the areas in which music are played. If you approach NCPD Scanner Hustles on foot, at some point, the ambient music will start to be played and if you move backward a bit, the music will stop.

But about Cyberpsychos, knowing they are in specific and defined areas and you're "pushed" to fight, in theory the combat music must be played, so I guess if not, it's likely a bug.

Not really sure how I would do that, haven't done that before. But it's exactly like doing the mini-game with music volume to 0 I think? Or instead of hearing the music that belongs to that mini-game the ambient music just keeps on playing through it, which also happens
Is it this music:

If so, then I can hear it or at least didn't run into issues with it yet

Yeah, in the Badlands, it's rather easy to find the "invisible" boundaries of the areas in which music are played. If you approach NCPD Scanner Hustles on foot, at some point, the ambient music will start to be played and if you move backward a bit, the music will stop.

But about Cyberpsychos, knowing they are in specific and defined areas and you're "pushed" to fight, in theory the combat music must be played, so I guess if not, it's likely a bug.
Yeah, I am quite certain it's a bug.

When I go near the cyberpsycho and the music starts it plays normally during the fight but if I go outside the "trigger area" again the music stops and doesn't resume when getting into range again

Top Bottom