20 to 25 hour campaign? That's it?

+
What can they do? People were complaining that the TW3 was to long as some people prefer to just go from A to B in a few hours. So to solve it they then made it shorter so people could do this and instead added a lot of the non crucial story content into side quests instead, which I personally think is a very clever thing to do.

Had they made it 30 hours people would probably have complained that it was to long anyway. As it is currently from what I understand you as a player can choose how much you want to bring to the end and how long you want that journey to last.

Again, I haven't completed a playthrough yet, but from what I have heard this is basically how it works.
They did everything correctly. W3's main story was long, sure. This time, you can speedrun the main missions in under 10 hours. But if you want, you can play dozens more without running out of things to do.
I don't see the issue. The player chooses how long their game is. That's it.

Length is definitely not a big issue in this game.

It's almost impossible to do a 200 hour in this game on one passage.

Only if you're really messing around, returning home every day, doing missions very far from each other, visiting every shop, trying to talk to a lot of NPCs, and so on.

It took me 100 hours in the first blind playthrough, doing all side quests and activities, taking my time to make decisions, not rushing anything, while learning the game mechanics (which is easily exploitable - it's more noticeable in a second run).

In the first run, I messed up with silencer + pistols, while hacking, and crafting, trying to be stealth most at the time, and killing only by accident (which happens a lot, specially with pistol headshots) or when necessary.

Now, in the second run, playing with meele, shotguns, and crafting, aproaching enemies in doom style with no hacking and only doing stealth when required I noticed that you can really trample on enemies without further problems.

I still think that they tried to make all builds useful, but there is a severe balancing issue, because some play styles are so good that they kill all other possibilities, and gun usages.

Some double barrel shotgun (the simple ones) reloads so fast and make so much damage that Satara, Palica and Tactician becomes useless.

The same goes to Assault Rifles and LMG, when compared to SMGs - SMGs do equal or more damage, shoots faster, reloads faster, and uses the same kind of ammo - can be used with silencers and scopes.

In pistol and revolver department it happens as well, because the overture have high critical chance, rate of fire, reloads really fast (for a revolver) and do such massive damage that is basiacally one shooting everyone - and with a scope it makes all other sniper rifles useless.

And for me, game lengh is not that important as long as the main themes are good and explored enough, showing a complete picture of the story.

Cyberpunk 2077 have some things missing, like the friendship development with Jackie - when he helps V to get back on his/her feet, getting to know Mama Welles better (as she implies that you are part of the family in a mission that only appears if a specific choice is made), that was resumed to the Youtube trailer, instead of being a part of the game.

The other thing is the Hanako part - that was very under developed, considering her importance in one of the endings.

Meredith Stout had no development (frankly I think that they only have that "one night stand" to please the community), but she could be an important asset for V, providing some Militech contacts that could help him, if V complete all her missions, and some Militech missions, and if he was wililng to sell Arasaka's secrets for that, so there could be a new branching there.

The fixers could use more development, asking V to meet the contractors personally instead of just being a phone call and text info, so V could have some kind of personal attachment and motivation to do the contractor's jobs.

So, for me, the game can be considered short, but not due to play time, but mainly because some important characters were lacking development.

Last edited:
I don't beat games, I play games.
I don't understand people who rush to the end of any game just so they can say I beat it.
I want to get my money's worth so I take my time and enjoy what the developers create.

I dunno. I think playtime on the game is about right. 60-odd hours for main story and a majority of side missions. Well over 100 hours if you want to go completionist. If you plow thru the main story in 20-odd hours doing nothing else and complain it is too short, that is on you.

later in the game when V is told a figure of 6 MONTHS for their time to live. Why are people acting like there is a time pressure in the game when there never was. Did you people see a timer show up that i missed?

Anyway, return to piling on, now the game is too short if you skip all your side activities to flesh out your run and that is CDPR fault.

CDPR specifically said they stopped making side quests mandatory in hopes to get more people to finish the mainstory and all that led to was people skipping side content and complaining that the mainstory is to short, because they refused to do the side stuff.

Youre entire post seem schizophrenic, asking for a fresh gaming experience and then complaining about the fresh gaming experience and then harkening back to witcher 3 every other sentence. The game is too short, but too long to replay to see alternative decision paths. Game should be shorter because there should be a sense of urgency, side quests are wild tangents!

Game has 25-30 hour main story, which goes up to 100hours of play time if you skip all the gigs and do the side missions and meant to be played multiple times for multiple builds and story decisions, and people cant decide if that is too long or too short, all they know for sure is, they hate CDPr.

Anyway, ill let you get back to dumping on the game. You can pick it back up from, CDPR is lazy.
Some people actually care for immersion and story in a RPG. The sense of urgency is 100% in the game narrative. And it conflicts with the desire to do side missions. And the fact that the game just puts you back into a previous save file while losing all the progress you gained during the last mission, doesn't help the case.

After experiencing the ending, I had no desire to continue playing on that character. Felt pointless.

- 170 hours here... and main missions locked by myself.

The focus on the narrative could not have been done in a destructive way and it was. That was a decision of the CD, the person responsible for it or those responsible.

But far from bonfires or Inquisitions ... this is manageable, the CD 'wanting' is enough, the CD is enough to listen to the community.

The CD has no obligation to change anything about this, I know that, but I would think it would be better to change that.

The focus on the narrative cannot be done in a destructive way, as if the players were told: 'play fast and get out' or 'consume, consume because we want to sell you more'.

It's up to you, CD, to try to be different (which I don't think you want yet).

Some people actually care for immersion and story in a RPG. The sense of urgency is 100% in the game narrative. And it conflicts with the desire to do side missions. And the fact that the game just puts you back into a previous save file while losing all the progress you gained during the last mission, doesn't help the case.

After experiencing the ending, I had no desire to continue playing on that character. Felt pointless.
but what game was more immersive and had a better story? and was longer? i need to grab it

Witcher 3 did a good job.

After patchs and expansions, when they finally understood - the CD - that attractive games were attractive because the player could change the environment ... and not just for a story ... (without debunking the story)

After patchs and expansions, when they finally understood - the CD - that attractive games were attractive because the player could change the environment ... and not just for a story ... (without debunking the story)
I'd dare say the base game did a good enough job even without the expansions. And the story was long enough to entertain people until the DLCs were coming out. Don't think it will be the case here with all the work they have to do to make the game feel finished.

I'd dare say the base game did a good enough job even without the expansions. And the story was long enough to entertain people until the DLCs were coming out. Don't think it will be the case here with all the work they have to do to make the game feel finished.

I have been arguing that history, however good it is, however engaged it may be, in games, cannot be used in a destructive way (in RPGs). I think the world cannot cease to exist, after 'reading the book'. We talk about games, not books, static words (and nothing against it, my hoby is writing poetry).

I think that games, supported by RPG logic, should be open and not closed. I think CP is a game that claims 'open world', right? The 'world' cannot die after history ... history cannot be written to liquidate, to kill the 'open wolrd'.
Post automatically merged:

People - for different reasons - complain about technical problems. I complain about what is essential or would be the real difference in the game, open world, rpg and action ...

CP was born liquidated by bad directors' decisions ... not because they may have changed final versions, but because they decided to kill the game after the main narrative. This is what facilitated the idea of 'cutting things'.

There are still chances to change that (which I don't believe and for purely market reasons).

Amateurs!
100+ hours and I barely cleaned up Watson. Starting the Heist mission with 32 street creds :]
To beat this game in less then 100 hrs is like watching a movie in fast forward mode.

Take deep breaths and savor it...

Amateurs!
100+ hours and I barely cleaned up Watson. Starting the Heist mission with 32 street creds :]

170 here :sneaky:

But if a few hundred hours are 'differential' to qualify something ... it was more than 70 thousand hours waiting for the game. A couple of thousand hours would not be such a bad deal, if the logic is to talk about 'hours'.

Iskras wins :p

I'm at 60 hours and still haven't met Takemura after nabbing Hellman. There's a difference between rushing through the main questline and doing it the right way, by doing sidequests. I've been focused on sidequests the entire playthrough, figuring the more contacts I make happy, the more friends I'll have to help V later.

People are going on and on about this and ignoring the fact you can burn through the main questline very quickly in almost every open world rpg ever made, especially if you ignore every other quest in the game. Skyrim in particular had a pretty short main questline, and that game continues to be praised 9 years after it's buggy release.

A lot of people complained that Witcher 3's story was too long, and you could still push through the main questline in 35-40 hours if that's all you focused on. The fact that people complained doesn't excuse cutting content, but it does prove devs can't win no matter what they do when it comes to the length of the story.

For an "RPG" that is terrible.
Chrono Trigger is widely considered one of the GOAT RPGs out there and till this very day the pacing that it had puts 99% of Jrpgs to shame Jrpgs has become a genre that is known for its insane length and atrocious pacing ,CT also had side quests that makes the main story longer which is good

Baldurs gate 2 is also in many peoples GOAT and the main story takes me 15-20 hours to finish ofc if you do all of the other things it will take 60+ hours

Deus ex takes around 23 hours to finish and like the other games i mentioned its widely considered a GOAT RPG

there are more RPGs that are the same length but i think you get the point

i have not finished Cyberpunk yet but the quality and the highs in the main story and side quests are way more consistent than the ones from the witcher 3 ,with that said i hope there are more DLCs this time because im pretty sure they want to do more with the systems and stories they have created

Last edited:
Over 100 hours in and still in Act 2, have only met Takemura at Tom's Diner & delivering Hellman. There's about 60% of the map I haven't even gone near yet and there's no way anyone can play this game in less than 100 hours and actually pay any form of competent attention to the world around them. Probably the same people complaining about the GPS. There's definitely a connection there. The fact that many people are compounding the complexity of Night City down to a level of accessible interiors is absolutely mind boggling to me.

A basic understanding of land navigation, urban planning, architectural diagramming & logistics goes a long way when entering any new & unknown environment. Not to mention the mathematics & angular perception from a tactical perspective even when just analyzing a particular room or alley way.

That's not even covering just allowing yourself the capability of appreciating the actual city and design aspects. It is an incredibly beautiful world. There's not one place I've looked at that I haven't been completely impressed with.

I will say this as well, I've stumbled onto a number of interiors that I've not seen mentioned anywhere, even the youtube. If there are air conditioners or some ledge that appears to potentially grant a route, try and follow it. I've actually been surprised in some cases to stumble onto large interiors, with no other access points but the hidden route I found and appearing to have absolutely no quest purpose. Some of these I can easily understand why not many people find them as there is a lot more into them than getting to a fire escape or getting onto a rooftop. One of them I stumbled on accidentally trying to do something else and was surprised to find a full on 3 story interior with no signs of a potential quest.

I was estimating about 300 hours into this first playthrough, but I'm now looking at low end over 500... I've only driven like 5 vehicles and am still trying to learn the different weapons.

I decided to took up what people are saying and even people I know who beat it already said it's not long at all. 20 to 25 hours if you play straight through the main story campaign. That is incredibly disappointing. Is this true? I've been playing the game but been holding off from the main campaign, doing side stuff in hopes the game will be larger and more close to what was talked about and shown before release. I'm already bored doing side stuff. Really hope we get the game that was promised by this time next year.
This is a video of someone speedrunning "The Outer worlds" in 12 minutes and a developer's reaction to it. People could complain about it here as well, it is also a action RPG as far as I know. If people doesn't want the best experience and just want to rush it, they can do it.

Top Bottom