5 Winners and 5 Losers in the World of Post-Patch Golds

+
frbfree;n9358531 said:
This, and with Avallac'h being targetable now, along with other options (Double Cross for example), most factions can get Ciri back without much effort.

I doubt they're going to change double cross to target golds. The card text specifically says bronze or silver card, like reinforcements, and the changes to reinforcements we've seen do not include it pulling golds now. It also seems possible CDPR will make avallac'h stubborn like op is. Mill seems like it will get pretty out of hand otherwise since you'd be able to play him up to 5 times in NG. But that's a bit less certain than ADC not pulling golds.

MooshieMooshie;n9360391 said:
I doubt they're going to change double cross to target golds. The card text specifically says bronze or silver card, like reinforcements, and the changes to reinforcements we've seen do not include it pulling golds now. It also seems possible CDPR will make avallac'h stubborn like op is. Mill seems like it will get pretty out of hand otherwise since you'd be able to play him up to 5 times in NG. But that's a bit less certain than ADC not pulling golds.

Honestly? if Avallach doesn't get the subborn tag considering the new interactivity, that would be a huge mistake from CDPR and mill would be completely OP (to a point were it would ruin the meta) but I have faith in CDPR and I've heard something about that. I don't remember where or how but I remember someone saying that CDPR plans to make Avallach subborn.

Also, the more I think of it, the more I find it easy to find a way around the new system that allow people to target Gold and still keep units that have to stay on the board viable.

Below some example of what can be done (again, those are examples of what CDPR COULD do, it's not an info or anything like this, just me guessing what they could do) :

Ciri : At the end of the round, return this unit to your hand if you lose. If a spell or ability your opponent controls would target Ciri, return this unit to your hand and transforms it into Ciri exausted (like Ocvist, a Ciri without ability).

Vabjorn : Every turn at the end of your turn, damage by 2 every damaged enemy with power two or less. Deathwish : damage every enemy units by 2.

Wild boar of the sea : Every turn, at the end of your turn, streghten the unit on the left by one and damage the unit on the right by one. If an enemy would target this unit with a spell or an ability, that player must discard another card from is hand.

Priscilla : Every turn at the end of your turn boost a random ally by 3, repeat 4 times. Enhanced Quen : counter the first spell that targets this unit and remove enhanced quen.

Those are example of rules that would make gold units more resistant to damage when they absolutely need to be. Maybe they will find other ways to do so but my point is, there is ways.

Last edited:
GenLiu;n9361571 said:
... Vabjorn : Every turn at the end of your turn, damage by 2 every damaged enemy with power two or less. Deathwish : damage every enemy units by 2.

Wild boar of the sea : Every turn, at the end of your turn, streghten the unit on the left by one and damage the unit on the right by one. If an enemy would target this unit with a spell or an ability, that player must discard another card from is hand...

Eeeeasy there, cowboy. :eek:

partci;n9362681 said:
Eeeeasy there, cowboy. :eek:

Again, just some examples, I'm not claiming this to be balanced I just wanted to show how it's possible to have Gold being targetable and still be viable.

Also I wanted to point out (and this time I'm talking about balance) that it would also be a big mistake from CDPR if they allow decoy to target Gold cards (same thing with ADC and MO).
The problem with that is the same as resurecting a Gold card with Sigrdrifa for example, it's basically getting Gold value with a Silver card which would be very unhealthy for the game.
Just think about Igni for example, this card is just a "deploy" ability for the most part, the body is just a plus but it's far from being the most relevant part of the card.
If you can decoy it (and considering decoy boosts a unit by 3) you're virtually playing with 2 Igni in your deck (so 5 Golds instead of 4). That would be ridiculous.

And this is my main concern about this idea of Gold cards being targetable by other removals/buffs just like other cards. It's doable but CDPR walks on a very thin ice here and they have to be very cautious about each decision they make because a signle mistake would mess up the balance of the game completely.

EDIT : On the same idea, I believe that Ciri : Dash has to be reworked in this envirronement as well and read "When this unit enters the graveyard, shuffle it back into your deck. If it was discarded boost it by 3. At the end of each turn if she was on your side of the board, boost it by 3."

Last edited:
Top Bottom