A bunch of ST customs using Deathblow and Counter

+
A week ago or so I posted a huge rant about the state of ST and how, personally, I envisage it going forward. The post is very long and a bit boring so I'll summarize

• Increase Deathblow in ST to give (particularly the Elven archetype) a far reaching strategy that works with dealing damage.

• Remove the abundance of handbuff and incorporate it when necessary into deathblow

• Rather wishfully, remove Harmony and repurpose its cards into cards for other archetypes and reintroduce when its in a better state

• Increase the viability of traps being used outside of their own archetype and perhaps reducing the no-unit side of things. Madoc does it pretty well already

Not expecting everyone to agree with this but this was the basis for these customs. In fact, there are very few changes as outlined above (except deathblow) as I was concentrating changing existing elf cards, as this is where the crux of the problem with ST lies imo. There are a couple (Panther, Schirru) that are really just me playing with ideas. I'm not sure if they have much utility.

I thought I’d mock up some customs to demonstrate my points a little clearer. None of them are very groundbreaking or revolutionary, merely examples of how and why deathblow (and a few other things) could be implicated. Some of them might be rough; it was a little challenging trying to balance some as there was no real reference point to work from. Some may need a prov tweak or two but I think the ideas may have some merit. At least that’s what I hope. I have almost certainly messed up somewhere but I’ll correct any mistakes in comments.

The only really new thing introduced in this custom set is how deathblow works. Now it modifies the card ability on an incremental scale (well..), meaning there are bonuses for the number of units destroyed. There are also a lot of cards that work with counter as I found that a very interesting and intuitive system to use.

The cards are roughly divided into; cards that set-up deathblow; cards that have deathblow; and cards that can benefit from deathblow and its effects

://imgur.com/a/5QyYcZ9

Top Bottom