A New Saga Begins

+
If we can create a character and have Ciri as a possible Romanceable character and companion... that will be the best game ever.
Something I miss from Cdpr is that they never allow us to have companions while exploring the world at all, they implemented it a bit in witcher 3, so hopefully in this game we have a few, like mass effect series or dragon age for example.

...they never allow us to have companions while exploring the world at all, they implemented it a bit in witcher 3, so hopefully in this game we have a few...
Having someone 'along for the ride' is indeed a lot more fun. Some of the best missions/quests in games happen because there's another character there with you and the conversations between your player-character and the companion-character(s) tends to always be golden!
Geralt & Philippa, Geralt & Zoltan, Hurk Drubman & most of the other Far Cry 5 companions, is just the beginning of what could be a massively long list!

Having someone 'along for the ride' is indeed a lot more fun. Some of the best missions/quests in games happen because there's another character there with you and the conversations between your player-character and the companion-character(s) tends to always be golden!
Geralt & Philippa, Geralt & Zoltan, Hurk Drubman & most of the other Far Cry 5 companions, is just the beginning of what could be a massively long list!
Just my opinion, but these moments with "companions" are great because they are occasional, limited to quests and above all, CDPR written specifics dialogues. I can't imagine that CDPR will write hours of dialogue lines for companions if they follow you, while "simply" exploring the map. So it will inevitably fall to "silenced companions" who follow you and at best, who will throw random and repetive dialogue lines... Something which is far to be as good as during quests.

Just my opinion, but these moments with "companions" are great because they are occasional, limited to quests and above all, CDPR written specifics dialogues. I can't imagine that CDPR will write hours of dialogue lines for companions if they follow you, while "simply" exploring the map. So it will inevitably fall to "silenced companions" who follow you and at best, who will throw random and repetive dialogue lines... Something which is far to be as good as during quests.
So you are saying that Cdpr as good as they are can't do what Dragon age origins did ages ago? are you serious?
They can do it, of that I'm pretty sure ... if a game 13 years old did that so well I don't see how a new next-game generation can't do it.

So you are saying that Cdpr as good as they are can't do what Dragon age origins did ages ago? are you serious?
They can do it, of that I'm pretty sure ... if a game 13 years old did that so well I don't see how a new next-game generation can't do it.
I believe that you don't get what I means...
CDPR can do it, I have no doubt ;)
But, in Bioware games most of time, companions just follow the player "silently" and drop time to time, at "key moment" few dialogue lines.

To make it "good" in my opinion, companions have to react/talk about what player do, about the events that player facing (quests, events, actions,...). For now my reference about what companions should be in a game is The Guardians Of The Galaxy. If you didn't played this game, I suggest to take a look, it's just outstanding. But it's not an open world and it's a game that you can finish in about 20hrs. And even in this "short duration", the amount of dialogue lines in this game is just damn impressive...
PS : Compare it with Cyberpunk quests with "companions" (like with Panam, River or Judy). As much as I love Cyberpunk, Judy is "boring" during disasterpiece compared to 5 minute of this game.

So if you want to have the same experience in a game with the scale (and the writing's quality) of The Witcher 3, in 10 languages at min, it's just not realist... So I prefer to have companions time to time during quests (with a fair amount of good and interesting dialogue lines during these quests) rather than a silent and boring follower who throw random dialogue lines to fill the emptiness :)

Last edited:
If we can create a character and have Ciri as a possible Romanceable character and companion... that will be the best game ever.
Something I miss from Cdpr is that they never allow us to have companions while exploring the world at all, they implemented it a bit in witcher 3, so hopefully in this game we have a few, like mass effect series or dragon age for example.
Romanceable AND playable companion Ciri... add the possibility of a main character female Witcher and this could/would give TW3 a run for its money.
Post automatically merged:

Not only they could do it, but they'd do the Origins thing a million times better than EAware did back in 2009, as Bioware, not being an European company, is hindered by certain ways of thinking that are absent in Witcher games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom