A note about preorder and TW2 editions from CD Projekt RED

+
A note about preorder and TW2 editions from CD Projekt RED

It was three years ago that we published The Witcher, our debut title. We’ve been working on its sequel and revealing bits and pieces of information about it ever since that game hit store shelves. We learned a heap of things while working on the first game, enough to believe truly and deeply that The Witcher 2 will improve on its venerable predecessor and be a source of even more fun.The release date for The Witcher 2 is approaching rapidly – all in all, it’s just six months away. And that’s the very reason for this message. Today, six months before the game premieres, we offer you a load of details about The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings as well as the opportunity to pre-order the title.The Witcher 2, in a number of different digital and boxed editions, is now available for pre-order at any of the sites we’ve linked to below. Now, if we can have a moment of your time, we’d especially like you to look at and consider the offer at GOG.com.GOG.com is a digital distribution platform. We (that is, CD Projekt RED) and GOG.com share the same parent company, which means that by ordering The Witcher 2 from GOG.com, you’ll be giving practically 100% of your money to, and thus supporting, the company creating the game. Moreover, we think GOG has a great offer for you – one that’s certainly worth a glance. Naturally, you’ll be supporting us any time you acquire a legal copy of the game, so if for some reason the GOG.com offer doesn’t strike your fancy, feel free to go to one of the many other sites offering The Witcher 2. The offer at GOG.com is extraordinary for a number of reasons. We’ve often stated how much we dislike DRM measures that only limit the fun players derive from games they acquire legally. Here’s our chance to translate those words into action. The Witcher 2 at GOG.com will be the first major production in the world to be digitally distributed without even a hint of DRM!!! Once you get the game, you’ll play it without worrying if you have an active Internet connection, you’ll back up your copy of the game freely and install it on as many computers as you have. In other words, you’ll be getting a game that you’ll enjoy without a whole heap of annoyances that would otherwise only hinder your pleasure! GOG.com’s offer is not only unique because of its approach to DRM. It’s also uniquely priced: players from around the world will effectively acquire The Witcher 2 for 49.90 USD or its equivalent. GOG.com has also put together a pretty unique package - on top of all the things we’ve already mentioned, you’ll be able to choose from among several Interplay/Black Isle RPG titles, legends in their own right (including Baldur’s Gate and Planescape: Torment), normally available at the site. From GOG.com to you when you buy The Witcher 2 – free of charge. Of course, the world doesn’t end at GOG.com. Go to buy.thewitcher.com to see a full list of the vendors offering our title, each enhanced in its own way – some with additional DLC, others with 10% discounts. And digital editions are just a start! A number of stores have already signed up to offer boxed editions of The Witcher 2. The Premium Edition will include Map of the World, Pamphlet and a coin, game guide, making-of video DVD, official game soundtrack and of course - the game itself – all at a standard price. As you can see, we’re doing what we can to offer you the best possible product on the best possible terms – and hopefully making you happy in the process.You'll find The Witcher 2 pre-order offer on buy.thewitcher.com

I've just personally pre-ordered the game via GOG, right now and I'm glad about that.I just wanna ask this to you, Devs: are you really sure you put all the exclusive stuff in both Premium and CE, but you won't voice the game in a few language (and only ad subs in the others)?Coz imo, I would prefer to have less thingies inside the box but having the italian voices (or any other languages voices). I hope the subs won't be like those in DAO, coz they do really sucks.

i want a physical copy of the collector edition i will preorder it and the beginning of december on fnac or amazon ( but i have to choose between dlc xd what is it secret merchant ?)

i want a physical copy of the collector edition i will preorder it and the beginning of december on fnac or amazon ( but i have to choose between dlc xd what is it secret merchant ?)

Yep.. I'll just add that I ordered the CE also...I know it's far too late now (maybe.. 6 months :eek:)... but it's a pity the big box it all comes in doesn't resemble the dice throwing box from the game (yeah I know..nit picking I'm only human:/)Nice set though.

It's great that CD PROJECT is being completely straightforward about the GOG version of the game, so I'll order it from there myself, but I will also support them by ordering a physical copy of the Collector's Edition.Thank you.

I dare say, you're turning me into a fan boy, CD Projekt. The way you spoil your customers puts so many other publishers to shame.

Flash said:
I want to see the face of guys from Ubisoft when they read about DRM-free TW2.
I want to see their faces when and if TW2 is pirated less than their games. Or if it sells more.Then I want to hear their justification for mistreating their customers.

Flash said:
I want to see the face of guys from Ubisoft when they read about DRM-free TW2.
Those suckers deserve a punch (pun fully intended). :DBut I hope I got that right that every copy of TW2 is DRM-free, not just the digital one? I haven't yet decided if I rather order the hardware CE, even though I'm totally on board with the concept of giving every cent to the devs of the game.

Yupyupyup. Definitely pre-ordered from Gog.com. Good customer care. Whodathunkit in this day and age :)

Would have loved to order from GoG but while i have broadband i do not have unlimited downloading.E.G. capsso i guess i`ll preorder the hard copy....*sigh*

Since we KNOW the exact release day, I'll pre-order it before the time comes. There are a lot of RPG games I NEED to buy whether it's NTSC or PAL and NTSC-J. :)I bought Enhanced edition of TW1, so you can guarantee that I'll buy the Collection!

Alek said:
GOG.com has also put together a pretty unique package - on top of all the things we’ve already mentioned, you’ll be able to choose from among several Interplay/Black Isle RPG titles, legends in their own right (including Baldur’s Gate and Planescape: Torment), normally available at the site. From GOG.com to you when you buy The Witcher 2 – free of charge.
Ok, now I'm confused. I thought I had to choose my free game from Gothic 2 Gold, Realms of Arkania 1 + 2, Realms of Arkania 3, Divine Divinity, and Beyond Divinity? There's no mention of Baldur or Torment being included in this offer over at GOG?If someone could clarify this to me, I feel like I'm missing something.

I really want the Geralt statue so I'm getting a physical edition but I just wanna know if I'll be able to activate it on steam if not well no problem, just curious.

Alek said:
GOG.com is a digital distribution platform. We (that is, CD Projekt RED) and GOG.com share the same parent company, which means that by ordering The Witcher 2 from GOG.com, you’ll be giving practically 100% of your money to, and thus supporting, the company creating the game.
Several of us suspected as much, which is why we pre-ordered from GOG.com, and why we've been talking up the GOG.com edition here on the forum.
Naturally, you’ll be supporting us any time you acquire a legal copy of the game, so if for some reason the GOG.com offer doesn’t strike your fancy, feel free to go to one of the many other sites offering The Witcher 2.
I've already pre-ordered from GOG.com, but I'm interested in the deck of Witcher playing cards. Is there any chance that those will be offered for sale separately in the future?
The Witcher 2 at GOG.com will be the first major production in the world to be digitally distributed without even a hint of DRM!!!
I know you guys know that this is stunningly wonderful. But appreciation from fans helps, so let me just say that this is stunningly wonderful! :)

Well I'll definitely be buying the collectors edition (will pre-order tomorrow), but the one thing that I'm sad about is there will be no medallion this time.. I missed the collectors edition of the first game so I was really hoping I'd get lucky with this one.

DelightfulMcCoy said:
But I hope I got that right that every copy of TW2 is DRM-free, not just the digital one?
That'd be perfect, but only gog version is gauranted to be drm-free, and probably polish box versions.Steam copy will obviously have a steam drm. I really hope I'm not getting some stupid starforce with a russian collector's edition box I ordered.

Top Bottom