A quick and rough guide on replacing/editing animations...

+
I'm sorry that I've spread the wrong information about the E3 jog animation. It's actually called 'man ex run f'

There is actually whole set of animations called 'man ex' and it all looks like leftovers from 2014 version. Download the storyboard UI, install it carefuly and try to look for 'ex '. Good luck to you.

linaswas_001;n8352670 said:
I'm sorry that I've spread the wrong information about the E3 jog animation. It's actually called 'man ex run f'

There is actually whole set of animations called 'man ex' and it all looks like leftovers from 2014 version. Download the storyboard UI, install it carefuly and try to look for 'ex '. Good luck to you.

Thank you.I'm honestly surprised nobody made anything with that yet.
I do have a problem,however.The animation seems to "stutter",as if it doesn't properly loop.
For the record,I have replaced "locomotion_run_cycle_fast_forward_triple_01" up to "triple_04" with "man_ex_run_f",since replacing just "triple_01" didn't seem to make any changes.

The same thing happens with "man_ex_walk_f": replacing one does nothing,while replacing all of it works,but with a stutter.

Last edited:
I'd like to go about replacing a slashing attack, either normal or fast, with a stabbing animation. What would be really cool is if I could replace whatever slashing attack Geralt does when you are holding the parry button (where Geralt has the sword at the ready, pointing at the enemy) with the thrust Geralt performs sometimes when you finish a combo with a stab behind you... except have that directed forward. Do you think this is possible?

chiconspiracy;n8378320 said:
I'd like to go about replacing a slashing attack, either normal or fast, with a stabbing animation. What would be really cool is if I could replace whatever slashing attack Geralt does when you are holding the parry button (where Geralt has the sword at the ready, pointing at the enemy) with the thrust Geralt performs sometimes when you finish a combo with a stab behind you... except have that directed forward. Do you think this is possible?

Off the top of my head, closest you can get to achieving this: replace Rend's charging animation with any parry-stance animation, then replace the actual attack with one of the "fast_back" attacks since they're stabby. Not sure if the end result will look pretty.

Ramon242;n8379200 said:
Off the top of my head, closest you can get to achieving this: replace Rend's charging animation with any parry-stance animation, then replace the actual attack with one of the "fast_back" attacks since they're stabby. Not sure if the end result will look pretty.

Thanks for replying. I have already implemented WonDoe's rolling stab attack to replace the long distance spinning nonsense, I might try replacing a few light forward attacks with it as a proof of concept first.

Some one should make normal human running animation like in e3 footage. Why you jump over and dash ahead. Do something useful for community at first. Fighting is good aslo as draw/sheathe wot I can't say about running.

JohnPearce;n8381240 said:
Do something useful for community at first.

And what would you like us to do? We can't import new animations, we can't export animations out of game and then edit them. There are different styles of walking, but you can't use them for some reason. It's not like we don't want to.

JohnPearce;n8381240 said:
Some one should make normal human running animation like in e3 footage. Why you jump over and dash ahead. Do something useful for community at first. Fighting is good aslo as draw/sheathe wot I can't say about running.
JohnPearce;n8381780 said:
Then you shouldn't change anything at all ( animations ) till necessary tools exsist.

The E3 running animation is in the game,but nobody does anything about it because it's unfinished.
You should check out Drell47's E3 Dodge System mod.Even with the limitations,some things can be changed for the better.

JohnPearce;n8381780 said:
Then you shouldn't change anything at all ( animations ) till necessary tools exsist.

wat. Bruh, the tools exist. Replacing even the simplest of animations in most other games isn't even close to possible.

linaswas_001;n8381800 said:

lol.

chiconspiracy;n8380990 said:
Thanks for replying. I have already implemented WonDoe's rolling stab attack to replace the long distance spinning nonsense, I might try replacing a few light forward attacks with it as a proof of concept first.

That's my nexus account. Replacing the light forward attacks is what the mod does : p There's 2 light forwards, and about 9 random variations for close attacks.

Ramon242;n8381940 said:
wat. Bruh, the tools exist. Replacing even the simplest of animations in most other games isn't even close to possible.

lol.

That's my nexus account. Replacing the light forward attacks is what the mod does : p There's 2 light forwards, and about 9 random variations for close attacks.

As I've discovered... as a test, I replaced EVERY attack (strong and fast) that had the "AD_Front" characteristic with what I thought was the backwards stabby attack 'man_geralt_sword_attack_fast_back_1_rp_40ms'. Geralt will stab forward only a tiny fraction of the time, so there must be something else I'm missing.

Other than the bone rotation's quaternion's encoding in the buffer files everything is known about animations.:hmm:

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to enable animation to be played in the middle of other animations?
like dodging without having to wait for an attack to end.

No Title

Heh, I played with the files so ALL fast attacks use the stabbing animation in every direction, and kept the spinning attacks with the strong modifier. I combined this with NPC Weapons mod to give Geralt a long bladed spear and halberd, which looks pretty awesome. More testing is required, and the damage model is off (still sword distance it seems like, with the spear clipping through the enemy several feet before it hurts them).

Attachments

• photo129780.jpg
    photo129780.jpg
    506.2 KB · Views: 143
Is it possible to remove the angry face that kicks in during combat using this method? What about that idle loop that Geralt does while standing still?

dvirzigel1;n8383620 said:
Does anyone know how to enable animation to be played in the middle of other animations?
like dodging without having to wait for an attack to end.

Please? Anyone?

Top Bottom