A way to fall back?

+
Hello.

Could you give the possibility to revert to previous version of the game plz?
Because, according to me, even if I dismiss all bugs, that's not anymore Cyberpunk. I used to play and read quite a lot Cyberpunk's rpg and this 2.0 is just entertainment and pretty disrespectful.
Previous version, with mods, was far away better and more immersive, not only just entertainment and spectacle.

Last edited:
IF you're on GoG you can roll back to older versions using the manage installation options. There is also an option to roll back on steam I'm just not 100% sure how to do it.

On Console I don't think there is the option.

IF you're on GoG you can roll back to older versions using the manage installation options. There is also an option to roll back on steam I'm just not 100% sure how to do it.

I'm on Gog, i'll check. Tks.

On steam there is 1.63 in the beta branch as that's the only way they could do it there.

Thank you for this; I'm reverting back to 1.63.

Hello.

Could you give the possibility to revert to previous version of the game plz?
Because, according to me, even if I dismiss all bugs, that's not anymore Cyberpunk. I used to play and read quite a lot Cyberpunk's rpg and this 2.0 is just entertainment and pretty disrespectful.
Previous version, with mods, was far away better and more immersive, not only just entertainment and spectacle.
Can you explain what you find worse? I only explored 2.0 for a short time, so I wonder what the main differences are.

Like I wrote, even with best implants, my chr is now a chips and was almost killed by a trash mob. This update is just here for spectacle, for show... in Cyberpunk you don't see a guy who launches 10 missiles in a row, you don't see anyone able to hack several enemies in a fight (not a merc for sure), cars with guns does not exist (or I don't remember that). Some flying cars can but that's ultra expensive and only corpos or so possess that kind of vehicle. A guy like Adam Smasher is a monster and one of the most powerful "human" entity in the Cyberpunk's universe, that's the only one that much "transformed" without becoming a pyscho, because he has ultra-selected gear. A merc, even with best black market gear can't be that powerful without falling as a pyscho.

These are just examples from what I saw on videos and streams because I reverted to 1.63.

Last edited:
Like I wrote, even with best implants, my chr is now a chips and was almost killed by a trash mob. This update is just here for spectacle, for show... in Cyberpunk you don't see a guy who launches 10 missiles in a row, you don't see anyone able to hack several enemies in a fight (not a merc for sure), cars with guns does not exist (or I don't remember that). Some flying cars can but that's ultra expensive and only corpos or so possess that kind of vehicle. A guy like Adam Smasher is a monster and one of the most powerful "human" entity in the Cyberpunk's universe, that's the only one that much "transformed" without becoming a pyscho, because he has ultra-selected gear. A merc, even with best black market gear can't be that powerful without falling as a pyscho.

These are just examples from what I saw on videos and streams because I reverted to 1.63.
Seems like you didn't create your build well.
My char is a deckhead and obliberates enemies, even groups.
If I run into them without thinking I get killed almost instantly, but if I play like a netrunner, I'm a killing machine.

And, you know that people can add stuff to the cyberpunk genre, do you?
There aren't rules or limits what is allowed and what not.

Rules for modded vehicles, personal heavy armaments, and even Brotherhood of Steel-like combat suits. All of those things in a Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook from 1993. I also hear there are some suggested options in the back of the original book but I don't have access to it.

But further, and I don't mean this sassy:
You may have played Cyberpunk, Cyberpunk 2020, or Cyber Generation. Maybe you even played Cyberpunk Red.
You must consider the technological advances we've had since 1990... The difference between then and now is the same amount of time between Cyberpunk Red and 2077. It is not the setting you are familiar with, because it is not the setting you grew up with; its world has not been stuck in time.

To that end there is a 65 year gap between the first edition Cyberpunk setting and Cyberpunk 2077. Here in the real world, 65 years ago this year, we invented the Hard Drive -- and it was as big as a refrigerator. The computer was the size of the rest of the kitchen.

So, what do you think the practical limitations would be for someone weaponizing their vehicle would be? What would prevent cyberware from becoming so ubiquitous and relatively inexpensive [over the course of 65 years] to prevent more people from having more of it? What advances would we miss out on that would keep them just as dangerous to the user as they were 65 years previous? I feel confident that if there is literally an arms race on the street, nevermind the extra few world/corpo-wars, that weapon and cybertechnology would have advanced a bit.

Just, try and enjoy the mostly-cannon future of your beloved setting. Remember it was good enough for RTG to wholly stand by the creative decisions and base Cyberpunk Red off of where 2077 landed. https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/bjjeuk
So, in short, it is in no way disrespectful, because the man himself is proud of it.

Last edited:

Rules for modded vehicles, personal heavy armaments, and even Brotherhood of Steel-like combat suits. All of those things in a Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook from 1993. I also hear there are some suggested options in the back of the original book but I don't have access to it.

But further, and I don't mean this sassy:
You may have played Cyberpunk, Cyberpunk 2020, or Cyber Generation. Maybe you even played Cyberpunk Red.
You must consider the technological advances we've had since 1990... The difference between then and now is the same amount of time between Cyberpunk Red and 2077. It is not the setting you are familiar with, because it is not the setting you grew up with; its world has not been stuck in time.

To that end there is a 65 year gap between the first edition Cyberpunk setting and Cyberpunk 2077. Here in the real world, 65 years ago this year, we invented the Hard Drive -- and it was as big as a refrigerator. The computer was the size of the rest of the kitchen.

So, what do you think the practical limitations would be for someone weaponizing their vehicle would be? What would prevent cyberware from becoming so ubiquitous and relatively inexpensive [over the course of 65 years] to prevent more people from having more of it? What advances would we miss out on that would keep them just as dangerous to the user as they were 65 years previous? I feel confident that if there is literally an arms race on the street, nevermind the extra few world/corpo-wars, that weapon and cybertechnology would have advanced a bit.

Just, try and enjoy the mostly-cannon future of your beloved setting. Remember it was good enough for RTG to wholly stand by the creative decisions and base Cyberpunk Red off of where 2077 landed. https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/bjjeuk
So, in short, it is in no way disrespectful, because the man himself is proud of it.
So, you just explain this by 65 years gap. OK, but what about corps, gangs, authorities, rules etc? Do you think cyberware would be so popularized without any involvement from all of them? What about cyberpsychose then? What about massacres and gangs violence across the town involving NCPD and Max-Tac everytime? What about corpos war, corpos pressure against authorities...? Actually, you just scratch the surface and that's certainly more importants facts than a Johnny Silverhand's "coup d'éclat".

So, maybe it's not disrespectful but you avoid what's really matter and you don't explain any of your choices... Ok, 65 years, but how things just evolve during this time to lead to that?

In fact, everyone is free to imagine everything without explanation but that's not always coherent. "The man himself" kinda approved the vanilla, not this 2.0 and he's certainly not proud of it.^^ I'm not sure he even knows Cyberpunk '77, does he really care?

Last edited:
I'm going to be 100% honest in that I can't understand all of what you are saying, and I can't tell if your questions are to me or are just hypothetical.

However, I will address this:
"Ok, 65 years, but how things just evolve during this time to lead to that?"

Cyberpunk Red happened. It takes place in 2045. I thought I had mentioned that in my last post (I didn't), but you were very clear that you knew everything about how Cyberpunk works and what content sound and shouldn't be included in any future work; I had assumed that you knew about 2045.

Also they explain a few key events of the previous decades in the previous years data shards, and even in conversation.

But I'm not even saying you have to like it. I am just saying that your criticisms are not all valid, because they are A) based on opinion over fact and B) would apply if this were a Cyberpunk 1 or maybe even 2020 game.

But it is not. It is 2077, and it is what they decide it is.

Anyway I'm not here to tell you what to enjoy, so I'm not going to argue with you about it. Just maybe change your perspective from "this isn't cyberpunk" to "this isn't for me."

Last edited:
On GoG in the manage installation section you can roll back to 2.1. I think it's similar on steam but I'm not 100% sure, they should have instructions for it on their website/app.

If you follow the instructions for steam, it should be the same, there are usually multiple version you can roll back to I think on Gog now 2.0 is as far back as you can do 1.63 isn't there anymore, or it might be available just not on the short list, I haven't looked that deep into it as I'm mostly happy with the current game build.

rolling back only 1 version should easily be possible on steam you just need to go into the settings and find the version you want.

On GoG in the manage installation section you can roll back to 2.1. I think it's similar on steam but I'm not 100% sure, they should have instructions for it on their website/app.

If you follow the instructions for steam, it should be the same, there are usually multiple version you can roll back to I think on Gog now 2.0 is as far back as you can do 1.63 isn't there anymore, or it might be available just not on the short list, I haven't looked that deep into it as I'm mostly happy with the current game build.

rolling back only 1 version should easily be possible on steam you just need to go into the settings and find the version you want.

Oh, no, Steam doesn't make it nearly as easy as it is on GOG. Not unless developers specifically make a beta branch for people to rollback to. Which, as far as I know, only has an option for 1.63. (I have the game on GOG and can't confirm)

A rollback on Steam is far more complicated than on GOG. It's not even comparable. See below.

Ok. but how to get bak only to 2.1 not 1.63? I just want version 2.1. I have it on steam.

Doing a version rollback on Steam should be an absolute last resort if you don't how.

Of all the guides I could find, those two are best suited to help your figure it out IMO.

Steam Community :: Guide :: Rollback to a Previous Game Version

This first one is for Baldur's Gate 3 but it includes visual guides to better orient yourself throughout the necessary steps.

PC (Windows, Steam): Phantom Liberty: How to PROPERLY downgrade from version 2.01 to 2.0 : r/cyberpunkgame (reddit.com)

This second one includes much of the same steps to begin with but the last few steps are CP2077 specific. Simply adjust for 2.1 instead of 2.0.

It's a lot more work than on GOG. It's one of the reasons I like to buy on GOG.

Top Bottom