Achievement "Overkill" broken?

+
Achievement "Overkill" broken?

SInce level 19 (now level 37) I've had 1 poison / 1 bleeding / 1 burning stones in my each of my swords.

Either the damage types are broken or the Achievement.

SInce level 19 (now level 37) I've had 1 poison / 1 bleeding / 1 burning stones in my each of my swords.

the rune stones only add a chance to apply those effects, it's not guaranteed :)

the rune stones only add a chance to apply those effects, it's not guaranteed :)

Knew someone was going to say that... it only needs to happen 10 times... think about how many mobs I've killed from 19 to level 37...

Worse odds than the lottery? or Broken? My vote goes with broken.

And considering I use devil puff balls and igni and my steel sword has 20% chance to bleed... I'm even more sure its broken.

Knew someone was going to say that... it only needs to happen 10 times... think about how many mobs I've killed from 19 to level 37...

Worse odds than the lottery? or Broken? My vote goes with broken.

And considering I use devil puff balls and igni and my steel sword has 20% chance to bleed... I'm even more sure its broken.
I'm running a skill that increases bleeding chance and always use burning and poison rune stones, I've only seen the enemies burn, or poisoned 10 times? 15? you may be right, it may be bugged, but I think, we need to find swords that have higher chances on 2 of the requirements and apply the runes for the third one

Question: did you buy the game from Origin? I've been going ham on this lvl 30 Cyclops with broadhead bolts, devil's puffballs, and dancing stars, in that order for hours, carefully watching as the damage is applied in three stages, 27-34 from bleeding, then 119-124 plus poison, then around 300-600 when I add burning. On their own each applies: 30 for bleeding, 90-97 for poison, 284-387 for burning. Bleeding and burning: 284-327. Every time it hits around 600, I know for a fact that I've applied all three status effects simultaneously. The achievement is broken. And I can't get Brawl Master because it popped the Bookworm achievement when I beat the troll. I'm extremely frustrated as I'd have 100% completion if not for this broken Origin version B.S.

I tried with broadhead bolts + bombs, get bored, so put three runes on sword and fought around nilfgaardian guards, but didn't look promising.
But funny, that little later at Velen's Refugee's Camp I tried to burn with igni the big central statuette with wings there, and then I got this achievement.
Don't know, maybe achievement's popup delayed

I read somewhere that one way to do this is to use low level Venomous Viper sword, so that you don't kill that enemy too fast. Viper sword has 15% of poisoning. Then you add few greater runes with burning and maybe one greater with poisoning. And then you get that bleeding skill.

And then just spam the fast attack and hope for the best. I'm going to try this option first when I get that needed skill. And maybe I need HoS to add sockets to that sword... Can't remember how many runes I can put into it at this point. Signs+arrows+bombs sound so difficult and slow...

Edit: When I was getting my Master Marksman trophy, I thought that I can never get that. I must have shotted over 200 shots to the head before it popped out. Even when I was aiming directly at the head, it doesn't always get counted as a head shot.

Last edited:
I was starting to think it was bugged, but I just had the achievement pop up. I used broadhead bolts followed by Devil's Puffball, followed by Dancing Star, as fast as possible. The most difficult part was to land the dancing star before the enemy moved away from the poison cloud and before the bleeding effect stopped.

Top Bottom